Become a Living God and Never Die again (Untamed)

Mell.4873

I have been having a tone of fun Soloing stuff like Bounties and other Champion Bosses with this build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEI6MsMB2BLhJyIxk26NeVxc3A-e

Its crazy how tanky you become!!! The one real downside is the set-up time and mobility of the spirits. If you need to move a lot then it can be a pain to summon them again but once they are down you will have a hard time dying.

In terms of Gear it doesn't really mater but I run Berserkers; Celestials would also work too.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Fervent Force is the most godly trait in the entire game. That trait forms the backbone of dozens of builds across all weapons and across the spectrums of both power and condi.

I myself run a Hammer/Hammer untamed build that focuses on massive CC. I literally recharge all my skills in less than 25% of the time that it would normally take and then spam everything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Soilder.3607 said:

Fervent Force is the most godly trait in the entire game. That trait forms the backbone of dozens of builds across all weapons and across the spectrums of both power and condi.

I myself run a Hammer/Hammer untamed build that focuses on massive CC. I literally recharge all my skills in less than 25% of the time that it would normally take and then spam everything.

I will say though it does not play nice with Greatsword or Longbow which probably why Soulbeast mains don't like it. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1

There is no true rotation since Untamed is a situation beasts. The main rotation is the order of you skills on the utility bar. 

Utility skills 6-9 in that order then repeat 6-8 so you can get alacrity. After that you can move around since your spirits should have enough regen to survive. Hammer 3, 5 then 3.

Refreah your spirits with 6-8 again and maybe drop you ultimate if you need extra healing.

Unleash yourself so you can top-up your spirits with the Moa F1 while pet swaping for vigor off cooldown. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dude tanking PvE is not that difficult, you can do it with any cele-build around there. I finished all the dungeons  solo (no story mode) with a ranger even before HoT was out (so with a core ranger) because i needed the dungeon currency for  legionaries. 

The issue is takes forever to finish it. There was instances it took me up to 45 minutes  to finish a dungeon run. At the time i though Dungeons were designed for soloe'd them. 

As i have said multiple times, if you play tank or support in Open world / fractals you are playing the game wrong. I preffer somebody pulling their weight with damage so we can finish the run earlier. 

Anything with a timer and you will never will be able to finish it. 

15 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Dude tanking PvE is not that difficult, you can do it with any cele-build around there. I finished all the dungeons  solo (no story mode) with a ranger even before HoT was out (so with a core ranger) because i needed the dungeon currency for  legionaries. 

The issue is takes forever to finish it. There was instances it took me up to 45 minutes  to finish a dungeon run. At the time i though Dungeons were designed for soloe'd them. 

As i have said multiple times, if you play tank or support in Open world / fractals you are playing the game wrong. I preffer somebody pulling their weight with damage so we can finish the run earlier. 

Anything with a timer and you will never will be able to finish it. 

Im claiming more than just being tanky, you can literally solo some Legendary Bounties with this build. It doesn't do to bad with damage either around 10k which is enough to down things rather quickly. Compared this to the roughly 25-35k that Soulbeast can get which will fall down with the slightlest breeze I would say that is a win.

The Dungeon comment is weird since my Virtuoso can solo most dungeon and do them very quickly, all while getting close to full DPS. I normally don't bring Ranger anywhere near instanced content. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mell.4873 said:

t doesn't do to bad with damage either around 10k which is enough to down things rather quickly. Compared this to the roughly 25-35k

So you are saying you deal 3 times less per second with your goldly build, so it will take you three times longer to kill anything. My point still stands. I know support builds which deal more damage than you. Dude go back to the mesmer forums. 

1 minute ago, Mell.4873 said:

The Dungeon comment is weird since my Virtuoso can solo most dungeon and do them very quickly, all while getting close to full DPS. 

You conveniently missed my comment where i said it was cleared with a core ranger before HoT came out. Which means even then anybody  could solo Dungeon level bosses with a ranger. It just would take 3 times longer to finish as you pointed out with your 10K dps. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

So you are saying you deal 3 times less per second with your goldly build, so it will take you three times longer to kill anything. My point still stands. I know support builds which deal more damage than you. 

You conveniently missed my comment where i said it was cleared with a core ranger before HoT came out. Which means even then anybody  could solo Dungeon level bosses with a ranger. It just would take 3 times longer to finish as you pointed out with your 10K dps. 

Okay? What's your point. You can't die with this build and that's it......

Edited by Mell.4873

Just now, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Beastmastery -> Skirmishing, Moas -> Cats/Jacaranda, Spirit of Nature -> Forest Fortification, Water Spirit -> WHaO, Guard -> Exploding Spores/Frost Trap = more dmg + more tankyness.

Untamed is great for soloing stuff, but that build is not good.

I use something similar without any spirits, I just tried to create a super tanky build is all. I'm not concerned about damage. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Beastmastery -> Skirmishing, Moas -> Cats/Jacaranda, Spirit of Nature -> Forest Fortification, Water Spirit -> WHaO, Guard -> Exploding Spores/Frost Trap = more dmg + more tankyness.

Untamed is great for soloing stuff, but that build is not good.

So is a cele-soubeast and you deal more damage overall so you don't fall sleep while playing... And any other class in a cele build. The stat carries you, you only have to remember to press buttons that's all.

Still don't see any point to this thread.  

17 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

So is a cele-soubeast and you deal more damage overall so you don't fall sleep while playing... And any other class in a cele build. The stat carries you, you only have to remember to press buttons that's all.

Untamed has better self buffing capabilities (and it can ignore more boss mechanics thanks to stab/resistance/dmg reduction) which makes it actually better for soloing bosses than soulbeast. Might be the best spec for this purpose, tho not the easiest to pull it off efficiently.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

If that's how you want to play that's fine, the whole point of this thread is Soloing Open World Content. I mean most of not all Post 80+ content is in the Open World, Skyscale is not obtained in any dungeon.

I honestly would go so far to agree with you that Ranger is depression if all you played was Instanced Content since Ranger it pretty useless compared to some other Classes like Mesmer for example. My Mesmer alone can preform every role in a Fractal/Strike/Raid group, the Mesmer forums don't want to hear this but they can Alacrity or Quickness Support with just Chronomancer.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 9:06 PM, Mell.4873 said:

If that's how you want to play that's fine, the whole point of this thread is Soloing Open World Content. I mean most of not all Post 80+ content is in the Open World, Skyscale is not obtained in any dungeon.

Skyscale painfully artificially time gated grind a not a good example of post 80+ content. From that moment on I became allergic to grind in this game. 

I would say strikes is the pve post 80+ content anet is pushing , yet everybody would be very happy if you could take that 10K and make it into 26K for example. Because of the rage timer and being respectful to everybody else’s time I  mean. 

but even when soloing: you may enjoy fighting the same single enemy for 1 hour, I personally don’t and I don’t think there is many people out there that do. More so having in mind you will potentially get 2 greens from that hour grind. 

The point is in open world most probably you won’t be soloing anything, if you spend more than 10 mins on the same champion is highly probable somebody will come across. You don’t want to be a burden for them for the blue and 2 greens you all going to get, would you now?

On 9/28/2022 at 10:52 AM, anduriell.6280 said:

Skyscale painfully artificially time gated grind a not a good example of post 80+ content. From that moment on I became allergic to grind in this game. 

I would say strikes is the pve post 80+ content anet is pushing , yet everybody would be very happy if you could take that 10K and make it into 26K for example. Because of the rage timer and being respectful to everybody else’s time I  mean. 

but even when soloing: you may enjoy fighting the same single enemy for 1 hour, I personally don’t and I don’t think there is many people out there that do. More so having in mind you will potentially get 2 greens from that hour grind. 

The point is in open world most probably you won’t be soloing anything, if you spend more than 10 mins on the same champion is highly probable somebody will come across. You don’t want to be a burden for them for the blue and 2 greens you all going to get, would you now?

Yeah if I take your point of view on I could see why Untamed and by extension Ranger sucks. I also don't think it will change anytime soon. Ranger is a survivalist class, the only real exception is certain Soulbeast builds which remove all the survival elements (Hybrid or Power).

If you had a choice between 2 classes one was good at end game content lets say Guardian or Necromancer and Ranger I think most people would pick them. I barely see any Rangers in Fractals, or at least any that do well on Arc.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1