Any possibility you can change the multiboxing policy to allow it in world vs world under some circumstances

TalleFjanten.7159

Hello

Ive been multiboxing for a long time doing meta events, t4 fractals, strike missions, world exploring, but one thing that annoys me to bits is not being allowed to multibox in world vs world at all, under no circumstances. Multiboxing is the one thing in this game that i really enjoy doing, it had very little to do with rewards anymore, but a way for me to give myself an challenge, trying build combinations for 6 characters is the really fun part, and try to beat content.

What bothers me as a multiboxer is im completely left out of world vs world, it has so much potential for a multiboxer in terms of giving yourself a challenge and enjoyment, you can try attack structures, and the threat of getting killed by opponents is always there, also i would like to complete conflux on all accounts, doing this seperately would take me 42~ weeks if i got 365 tickets per account.

I understand multiboxing in world vs world would bring a potential problem, risk for wintrading, scouting for the opposite team, heck even trading kills. But i feel like people who do these type of things already do it, in the void, undetected.

My proposal and recommendation is that they change the policy to allow it if:

All accounts must be played actively

All accounts must be on the same server

Cant play on an queued border

All accounts must be responsive

A big part of world vs world is attacking structures, thats technichally pve, like it or not. I dont have to actively choose to interract with other players. 

Hope Anet considers these changes, thank you.

👍

Edited by TalleFjanten.7159
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 19

6 minutes ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Do you really want multiboxing deadeyes hitting you with 5 death's judgements simultaneously? Because that's what your change would allow, and despite how hilarious it would be, I can't see how that's good for the game mode. 

To be honest i gave that an thought, and you are completely fair and right, that would suck for the receiving part. Still, the deadeyes would be on an disadvantage open field, the player still would have to manouvre 1 more acc or however many more they would multibox, and they would have to target and hit the player.

Dont think this "niche" gamestyle and "if" justifies not allowing multiboxing there, feels like getting hit by a deadeye even if it is more than 1 is part of the war experience, and surely if a player did do that with multiple deadeyes they would get a big fat X marker above their head from all roamers on the opposite team

• Like 1
  • Confused 12

Let's give this a few seconds of thought:

What could be an issue with allowing 1 player to take up multiple slots in a game mode which is limited in slots for active players?

take up multiple slots in a game mode which is limited in slots for active players

LIMITED IN SLOTS FOR ACTIVE PLAYERS.

Food for thought, let's say multiboxing gets allowed: What exatcly would prevent a player from blocking up the enemey teams side with dozens of accounts? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Let's give this a few seconds of thought:

What could be an issue with allowing 1 player to take up multiple slots in a game mode which is limited in slots for active players?

take up multiple slots in a game mode which is limited in slots for active players

LIMITED IN SLOTS FOR ACTIVE PLAYERS.

Food for thought, let's say multiboxing gets allowed: What exatcly would prevent a player from blocking up the enemey teams side with dozens of accounts? 

Forgot to put it in my original post but you would only be allowed to play in non queued maps. Multiboxing would only be allowed if they are on the same team. I understand the spots are limited and single players should get priority, playing on desert borderlands or one of the other borders if its not queued is not a problem.

Now its just a flat out NO multiboxing allowed at all, so the things you mentioned are not allowed now, nor would they be allowed with the changes im proposing, if someone was to be found doing that they would get sanctioned of course. Nothing realistically stops me from going on the enemy side doing what you just mentioned but that would get me sanctioned.

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

1 hour ago, TalleFjanten.7159 said:

Forgot to put it in my original post but you would only be allowed to play in non queued maps. Multiboxing would only be allowed if they are on the same team. I understand the spots are limited and single players should get priority, playing on desert borderlands or one of the other borders if its not queued is not a problem.

Now its just a flat out NO multiboxing allowed at all, so the things you mentioned are not allowed now, nor would they be allowed with the changes im proposing, if someone was to be found doing that they would get sanctioned of course. Nothing realistically stops me from going on the enemy side doing what you just mentioned but that would get me sanctioned.

And who is going to monitor if all those additional rules are followed? Heck, if you enter a non queued map and a grp tries to join and can't get all their players in because of you, you have already caused a problem. A straight "no multiboxing" is easier to monitor and enforce, to make sure it isn't exploited in harmful ways.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

So how is this going to get enforced? Is there some signup for pleayers who multibox?

Will the game track multiboxers somehow? What happens when a blob wants to jump to save a structure on a different map and loses minutes because a multiboxer has to first logout (let's assume they'll even adhere to the rules)?

Are you seriously suggesting to increase the work load on a game mode which is already struggling developer attention wise?

What stops you right now is the eventual bans which might happen. 

If nothing is stopping you, go right ahead and start multiboxing. Why would you need an official justification or acceptance?

This argument goes both ways. The difference is that monitoring a gray zone is far more difficult and time/work consuming than flat out disallowing something.

You are most likely aware of this, thus prompting your desire for the developers to "allow" multiboxing (which makes your entire argumentation disingenious). 

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

So how is this going to get enforced? Is there some signup for pleayers who multibox?

Will the game track multiboxers somehow? What happens when a blob wants to jump to save a structure on a different map and loses minutes because a multiboxer has to first logout (let's assume they'll even adhere to the rules)?

Are you seriously suggesting to increase the work load on a game mode which is already struggling developer attention wise?

What stops you right now is the eventual bans which might happen. 

If nothing is stopping you, go right ahead and start multiboxing. Why would you need an official justification or acceptance?

This argument goes both ways. The difference is that monitoring a gray zone is far more difficult and time/work consuming than flat out disallowing something.

You are most likely aware of this, thus prompting your desire for the developers to "allow" multiboxing (which makes your entire argumentation disingenious). 

It would get enforced by whoever at anet already monitors and enforces the existing rules, if someone is multiboxing now in wvw anet surely will investigate, and they would continue to do so with my proposal. There are already people multiboxing in wvw right now, scouting enemies or afk farming rewards. These people will do this now, and will continue doing it even with the changes i put forward, my proposal just gives legitimate multiboxers who want to experience the wvw with multiple accounts a chance to do so. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

5 minutes ago, TalleFjanten.7159 said:

It would get enforced by whoever at anet already monitors and enforces the existing rules, if someone is multiboxing now in wvw anet surely will investigate, and they would continue to do so with my proposal. There are already people multiboxing in wvw right now, scouting enemies or afk farming rewards. These people will do this now, and will continue doing it even with the changes i put forward, my proposal just gives legitimate multiboxers who want to experience the wvw with multiple accounts a chance to do so. 

Again, if this is no issue to you, then go ahead and multibox. As you've claimed: others are too. 

If it is, well then you have your answer as to why it is not officially allowed.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

No.  Absolutely no place for multi boxing in sPvP or WvW.  

The policy is clear and is there for valid reasons.  

We can debate if WvWvW is ACTUALLY competitive or not, but it’s a competitive mode.  No.

No place in pvp i agree wholeheartedly but wvw should be allowe,d its a sandbox gamemode with huge pve enviroments

• Confused 9

3 hours ago, TalleFjanten.7159 said:

I think you're crediting the game with some magical powers that don't actually exist technology-wise.

You want the game to have some sort of auto-detection of multi-boxers entering a WvW map to ensure that the map isn't queued just for a policy change?  The game doesn't have that and most likely never will.  There's already bugs related to the queues just for single account players.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah sorry but that's a no from me too. We already have to deal with running afkers, and server spies, we don't need multiboxers too, and not when we also have deal with queues for the maps, unlike pve.

Stacking classes to attack at the same time would be a very very bad thing as with the example Jugglemonkey gave, and you can do this with practically any class. I've seen duo's that destroy roamers in a couple moves imagine what one person controlling 5 burst mesmers, or deadeye, or gunzerkers, rapidfire rangers, etc etc could do. That's if you even intend to fight with them, or sit in a corner farming a camp, like we also already have to deal with pve players just wanting tickets for their legendaries.

You say it's not about the reward but the challenge, yet you're in wvw for the reward.... If you want a challenge in wvw try being coordinated with other players taking on bigger groups and objectives, with the ever present danger of being overwhelmed by bigger group of defenders. Taking objectives with 5 multiboxers is not a challenge, people have done it solo, yes even smc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I think you're crediting the game with some magical powers that don't actually exist technology-wise.

You want the game to have some sort of auto-detection of multi-boxers entering a WvW map to ensure that the map isn't queued just for a policy change?  The game doesn't have that and most likely never will.  There's already bugs related to the queues just for single account players.

I dont know the state of  anets monitoring capability but my proposed change to the policy would allow for legitimate multiboxers to enjoy the gamemode without worrying about being banned. Theoratically i could get banned killing a veteran vurm in desert borderland in the middle of the night because the policy says flat out NO, even if i dont engage with a single person or even give my team a single score. I just want them to relax the policy abit.

If they changed the policy i would not be their target anyway since i would be actively playing trying to flip structures. The biggest problems are the afkers and general matchup manipulators.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Yeah sorry but that's a no from me too. We already have to deal with running afkers, and server spies, we don't need multiboxers too, and not when we also have deal with queues for the maps, unlike pve.

Stacking classes to attack at the same time would be a very very bad thing as with the example Jugglemonkey gave, and you can do this with practically any class. I've seen duo's that destroy roamers in a couple moves imagine what one person controlling 5 burst mesmers, or deadeye, or gunzerkers, rapidfire rangers, etc etc could do. That's if you even intend to fight with them, or sit in a corner farming a camp, like we also already have to deal with pve players just wanting tickets for their legendaries.

You say it's not about the reward but the challenge, yet you're in wvw for the reward.... If you want a challenge in wvw try being coordinated with other players taking on bigger groups and objectives, with the ever present danger of being overwhelmed by bigger group of defenders. Taking objectives with 5 multiboxers is not a challenge, people have done it solo, yes even smc.

My main account is rank 10 000, ive done my fair share of world vs world. Each to their own but multiboxing is what challenges me and what i think is enjoyable. The challenge would be the threat of facing enemies, the risk. You dont get that in pve really. You make it sound like playing however many accounts is easy, you have to move them seperately, manouvre them. That is not an easy task, especially when theres enemies that will try to kill you. Thats more challenging than any telegraphed pve content out there.

• Confused 6

27 minutes ago, TalleFjanten.7159 said:

My main account is rank 10 000, ive done my fair share of world vs world. Each to their own but multiboxing is what challenges me and what i think is enjoyable. The challenge would be the threat of facing enemies, the risk. You dont get that in pve really. You make it sound like playing however many accounts is easy, you have to move them seperately, manouvre them. That is not an easy task, especially when theres enemies that will try to kill you. Thats more challenging than any telegraphed pve content out there.

What you're failing to account for is that for every player who sees multiboxing as a challenge, there will be 10 others who would abuse it simply to game the matchup.

I'd say multiboxing in WvW can be allowed under the following three conditions: 1) Players who want to multibox are only allowed to play on servers with a Low/Medium population;  2) all accounts being used by the multiboxer are fully paid accounts...no F2P accounts; and 3) they are required to pay the yearly salary for a GM to watch over their account to guarantee that the multiboxer isn't attempting to game the matchup to their server's advantage.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1