Any possibility you can change the multiboxing policy to allow it in world vs world under some circumstances

TalleFjanten.7159

46 minutes ago, TalleFjanten.7159 said:

definately keep it out of pvp but relax policy for wvw, wvw needs commanders and new blood. Let people have fun in a sandbox gamemode as long as it doesnt harm others.

So your 5 toons all shooting at my one toon in a coordinated manner is fun?  I really don't get why you can't see this as wrong. Have fought multi-boxers in other WvW style games. No, you being able to all fire at the same target at the same time is the issue they are trying to avoid. The coordination in the game mode comes from you and 4 other people trying to synchronize their actions and hit the solo target for fire and effect. It would probably still be seen as ganking 5v1 but would be more honest than one player moving a group around. No thanks. -1 here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

What you're failing to account for is that for every player who sees multiboxing as a challenge, there will be 10 others who would abuse it simply to game the matchup.

I'd say multiboxing in WvW can be allowed under the following three conditions: 1) Players who want to multibox are only allowed to play on servers with a Low/Medium population;  2) all accounts being used by the multiboxer are fully paid accounts...no F2P accounts; and 3) they are required to pay the yearly salary for a GM to watch over their account to guarantee that the multiboxer isn't attempting to game the matchup to their server's advantage.

lol I got to point 1 and I was like ok you guys expect anet to constantly look at these accounts to make sure all these conditions are kept, cause they won't even hire enough community managers to take care of the forums properly, and servers can yoyo from med-very high in just one relink cycle, watdu to those accounts then. But then you put in pay anet for gms to watch them. So ok moving on to the next part, lets talk yearly salary and bonuses the multiboxers should expect to pay per account, gem payments are not acceptable. 😆

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TalleFjanten.7159 said:

My main account is rank 10 000, ive done my fair share of world vs world. Each to their own but multiboxing is what challenges me 

At rank 10000 your challenge should be soloing 1v5 players not going 5v1 on NPCs. Your not looking for challenge sounds more like something else.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

What you're failing to account for is that for every player who sees multiboxing as a challenge, there will be 10 others who would abuse it simply to game the matchup.

I'd say multiboxing in WvW can be allowed under the following three conditions: 1) Players who want to multibox are only allowed to play on servers with a Low/Medium population;  2) all accounts being used by the multiboxer are fully paid accounts...no F2P accounts; and 3) they are required to pay the yearly salary for a GM to watch over their account to guarantee that the multiboxer isn't attempting to game the matchup to their server's advantage.

You lost me at the "pay the yearly salary" part, otherwise really good additions which im down for!

• Confused 5

2 hours ago, TalleFjanten.7159 said:

I dont know the state of  anets monitoring capability

That's the point of my post.  No one actually knows yet you're trying to argue for a seemingly simple change based on what exactly?  Perhaps the policy exists for WvW precisely because they don't have this kind of instant monitoring capability in the game (how do they even tell if two accounts are owned and being played by a single player at the same time?) and don't want maps that have limited participation slots get filled by something they can't detect.  Ever consider that?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

And the world they are on gets to vote if they want them removed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Um I'm pretty sure teh policy for multiboxing in gw2 is okay as long as each character is played separately instead of each character doing the same action with just onekey getting hit. I don't know if there was ever a restriction put on wvw. Read the ToS. If you wanted to multibox where every character youre controlling does the same action as the first is against the ToS everywhere in the game.

Anyway, you'd get stomped quick in wvw if you tried to multibox according to the ToS. Just Sayin

Edited by Nokturnal Lunacy.3186
  • Like 1

Funnily enough encountered a multiboxer today: one Silver ranked guy with a bunch of no-rank tag alongs, on Ruins of Surmia/Ring of Fire. Multiboxing definitely isn't ok, neither in the rules nor in terms of fairness. The guy was no threat, as all his multis would follow him around in a huddle and use the same keypresses as his main -- so all i had to do was stand on his head, pop stability and drop grenades for sweet sweet barrier.

The problem is that his little army had night flipped our border. Alone. The name tag spam puts people off confronting while his little army has a minimum of 100 supply to wreak havoc on each objective.

Of course, just like in PvE, i'm sure Anet will be taking the reports seriously...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

The guy was no threat, as all his multis would follow him around in a huddle and use the same keypresses as his main -- so all i had to do was stand on his head, pop stability and drop grenades for sweet sweet barrier.

• You may NOT program your keyboard to perform functions on more than one account at a time. For example, if you press [W] on your keyboard to move forward, a single character on a single account should move forward. The keystroke or mouse click should not perform functions on more than one account.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013658134-Policy-Dual-or-Multi-Boxing

8 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

Funnily enough encountered a multiboxer today: one Silver ranked guy with a bunch of no-rank tag alongs, on Ruins of Surmia/Ring of Fire. Multiboxing definitely isn't ok, neither in the rules nor in terms of fairness. The guy was no threat, as all his multis would follow him around in a huddle and use the same keypresses as his main -- so all i had to do was stand on his head, pop stability and drop grenades for sweet sweet barrier.

The problem is that his little army had night flipped our border. Alone. The name tag spam puts people off confronting while his little army has a minimum of 100 supply to wreak havoc on each objective.

Of course, just like in PvE, i'm sure Anet will be taking the reports seriously...

Hope you reported him, gives others a bad name

• Confused 2

On 9/25/2022 at 6:09 AM, TalleFjanten.7159 said:

Forgot to put it in my original post but you would only be allowed to play in non queued maps

People jump maps to defend things. A map that is not Queued could get Q'd easily. If you have XX amount of mulitboxes on a server you are taking up space for people who actually want to play the game mode. Sorry. But this is a HUGE NO from me.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Edge of the Mists is the only area of WvW that I can see multiboxing being allowed without taking up slots for other players.

I would be fine with that, but there would have to be some improvements, like pips being rewarded to bring people in. Now a whole match of 3 hours can pass and no structures being capped, its the definition of dead gamemode.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The only reason people have been jumping maps isn't because their interested in capping, their just looking for fights.  I don't see Alliances as helping WvW, I believe alliances is giong to be nothing but a slugfest with no capping what so ever.  Because then it's about whose the biggest kid on the block and that comes down to GvG fighting.  Now as for the multiboxing.  Not interested.  Having you roam around on 5 toons, being able to coordinate all those toons to attack single targets over and over?  You going to multibox PvP next?  Seriously?  If you want to multibox, there are other MMO's that will allow you to do that.  And you can multibox on them till your hearts content.  Right now, the problem we have in WvW, is people "farming" with multiple toons, getting "Participation" for sitting in a corner and taking up an active body slot.  I don't care for that either.

• Confused 1