When Boon Balls Attack

Boon Ball  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find fighting a boon ball fun?

• Yes, I find fighting such a zerg fun
    • No, fighting a zerg drenched in boons is not fun

When I'm just 1 of many pugs trying to defend objectives as they roll in with 3-4x our number... no. (sometimes the number difference is better, but there is still rarely a chance in getting past those boons.)

If I'm in, or there is a boon ball on our side too, then yes.

The latter being less and less likely for me nowadays.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wonder what my answer would be... 🤭

Fighting 15-25 vs 15-25 can still be fun.

It's when those same scared cats decide to roll up on your front lawn with multi guilds and 60+ holding pockets and dancing in their frog suits pretending to want a "fight", is when the eye rolls come out and move on to do something else. The same morons that pushed for boon spam and reduction of all the counters, mesmer nerf, warrior nerf, necro nerf, siege nerf, can't even take on bigger groups on their own anymore like the old days, unless it's some ragtag unorganized pug zerg run by a much smaller guild, laughable have to throw up their tag as a surrender to the private run and call in pugs or other guilds to help them, only to turn into a massive blob and chase everyone off the map. Pathetic state of wvw.

Ok got that off my chest, see you next week for the next boon ball rant after the null field nerf!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

Do you find it enjoyable and/or engaging to face off against a boon ball that has invaded your territory? Why or why not?

Does their impenetrable hp bars leave you feeling helpless or do you feel challenged because of it?

ok and now lets imagine this game had no boons, do u really think it would be any different?

the issue is anet nerfed the dmg coefficients on most stuff FAR  too much. nothing can do dmg, numbers win in cloudfights. especially cloud vs zerg is brutally unfair by now, and now anet also hits sustain even more..

game is basically half dead, u cannot play it anymore with the majority of the servers beeing casuals who have no clue what they do or what their enemies do. it's a bit problematic, as its getting with each "balance" harder to actually carry  against decisivly bigger groups

(and upcoming fake balance patch numero 203034840 just goes into the same, toxic direction)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

The goal is to never give them what they want.

If you didn't realize it yet, the primary goal of every fite guild voltron is one of two things:

1.) To beat other organized guilds (But always on their terms)

2.) To delay caps and farm defenders that keep running in.

Thus, the first thing to do is to never allow that to happen. If they camp the other side of the bridge expecting you to come, then just leave.  If they stealth bomb,. get on your mount and back up a bit.

You should use your keep to protect you, not the other way around. This means no throwing bodies at the lord's room because that's exactly what they want you to do. Any defense strategy revolves around not letting them get there in the first place.

If all fails, abandon EBG and go to red bl. In general, be like cockroaches and only appear of groups of 5 or so. This will greatly hurt their bags and kills.

You see, a lot are looking to boast about their arcdps meters or make crappy montages. Make sure it gets crappy as possible.

Do not build additional arrow carts in response to a blob. I don't know why people do that as they are clearly useless. Shield gens do a better job of knocking off their tail and ballistas built behind on a hill or something can be really annoying as well or take out siege if they're not looking. Also to those of you that still think building a catapult will stop a zerg at a gate, stop. And get off the wall. You're not doing anything. Stop. Get some help.

Optional: Camp like 5-10 deadeyes or any high stealth/mobility build near exit areas or try to disable siege and perma tap things. Note that you will get siege buried eventually but that comes with the job description

If you do this right, their stuff will get backcapped after 2 hours because they will say this game mode is ded and nobody wants to fight them. They'll log off.  Well, they'll be right. While PPTing doesn't affect them directly, it does cause the servers to fall to even deader matchups and people who are even less likely to want to play with them. Also they will complain about not having WPs because they will put in zero work for that.

In about 3 months, they will have either transferred, disbanded due to lack of content, or simply lack the population and be on the wrong side of the blob. Then you're safe for about 3 more months until they forget they actually hate each other and start rebrand #12 or #40.

Remember this is a sandbox war game mode, and you are not bound by random rules of honor. Especially those that are hypocritically  set by the enemy.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

The goal is to never give them what they want.

If you didn't realize it yet, the primary goal of every fite guild voltron is one of two things:

1.) To beat other organized guilds (But always on their terms)

2.) To delay caps and farm defenders that keep running in.

Thus, the first thing to do is to never allow that to happen. If they camp the other side of the bridge expecting you to come, then just leave.  If they stealth bomb,. get on your mount and back up a bit.

You should use your keep to protect you, not the other way around. This means no throwing bodies at the lord's room because that's exactly what they want you to do. Any defense strategy revolves around not letting them get there in the first place.

If all fails, abandon EBG and go to red bl. In general, be like cockroaches and only appear of groups of 5 or so. This will greatly hurt their bags and kills.

You see, a lot are looking to boast about their arcdps meters or make crappy montages. Make sure it gets crappy as possible.

Do not build additional arrow carts in response to a blob. I don't know why people do that as they are clearly useless. Shield gens do a better job of knocking off their tail and ballistas built behind on a hill or something can be really annoying as well or take out siege if they're not looking. Also to those of you that still think building a catapult will stop a zerg at a gate, stop. And get off the wall. You're not doing anything. Stop. Get some help.

Optional: Camp like 5-10 deadeyes or any high stealth/mobility build near exit areas or try to disable siege and perma tap things. Note that you will get siege buried eventually but that comes with the job description

If you do this right, their stuff will get backcapped after 2 hours because they will say this game mode is ded and nobody wants to fight them. They'll log off.  Well, they'll be right. While PPTing doesn't affect them directly, it does cause the servers to fall to even deader matchups and people who are even less likely to want to play with them. Also they will complain about not having WPs because they will put in zero work for that.

In about 3 months, they will have either transferred, disbanded due to lack of content, or simply lack the population and be on the wrong side of the blob. Then you're safe for about 3 more months until they forget they actually hate each other and start rebrand #12 or #40.

Remember this is a sandbox war game mode, and you are not bound by random rules of honor. Especially those that are hypocritically  set by the enemy.

This is the way.

2 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

ok and now lets imagine this game had no boons, do u really think it would be any different?

It would be drastically different. People would drop like flies if they didn't have boons to keep them up. We're talking about huge percentages of damage mitigation gone. Guardian would go from top spot to bottom quicker than you can say "Stand Your Ground!".

Not that I have a bias either way 🤭, I'm just a fair and balanced, friendly pollster.

2 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

It would be drastically different. People would drop like flies if they didn't have boons to keep them up. We're talking about huge percentages of damage mitigation gone. Guardian would go from top spot to bottom quicker than you can say "Stand Your Ground!".

Not that I have a bias either way 🤭, I'm just a fair and balanced, friendly pollster.

you'd be surprised, bc also yourself had no boonloads anymore. no more 25 perma might. also, if boon go, also condis have to. whole system would be reworked. basically everything that gave boon would need to have stunbreak effect (or it would plainly do nothing lol)
you fantasize of a grey and  boring system, even more pointless than what we have yet.

_____
about how to fight blobs.. i mean u need people. even a cloud that beats a zerg needs to have at least the size of the zerg, unless the zerg is really really full with inexperienced players. and a blob is way too big to effectively get clouded down. again, unless its also just another cloud with casual players or roleplayers

like best weapon is to know how to fight obviously and to _not_ rely on siege. player dmg is always better than camping some cata or mortar or arrowcart... often defender had an easy time if they just knew the basics of largescale fighting, but sadly anet did dry out Wvw for too long. it's just withering by now.

nothing can encourge new players really to try to learn this game. there's zero motivation within players anymore. every next "bALaNcE" makes the battle system worse and worse and FAVORS the larger groups in any occasion

like honestly, if game would looked like it does these days, i cannot tell if i'd have ever stayed at guild wars2. i only play it for Wvw, but the current balance is absolutely sad. in 2019 it was dynamic, fast paced, a big brawl. now its a big slugfest, boring, tedious

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

you'd be surprised, bc also yourself had no boonloads anymore. no more 25 perma might

Warrior main. Boons never really a cornerstone of my class.

13 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

you fantasize of a grey and  boring system, even more pointless than what we have yet.

Yea, I never said I'd want boons gone. You just said it wouldn't be different without them when in actuality, it would be very different. 

Then you go on to explain how so much would change lol. 

Edited by Verdict is Vengence.6912
  • Like 1

Boonballs are the best when they sit on lord and farm the poor non-zerglings all day. I'm sure all those players end their play session thinking "wow, this is a game mode i'd like to continue playing" -- and that, of course, is reflected in the growing WvW population.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Some NA  guilds moved  to EU to ktrain during EU sleep zones.

Some EU guilds exist in NA sleep time so they can ktrain and move server if they cant.

OCX is mass stacked in 1 or 2 servers at best.

Anet link system stack servers with low population VS servers  linked with high population, and thats working as intended.

Gw2 envolved into a very lamer friendly gameplay philosophy.

So...

SCREW ping, a merge the EU and NA zone  that's the only fix possible to ktrain vs empty timezones.

Another way is when server A  that outmans in B, C and D a map gets reduced point score for structures that server A  caps or wont count to point score but acelerates supply generation in the home map, something like a morale boost only towards suply regen.

Also servers that outman others wont gain wxp  nor rewards on taking strutures as in the bigger the group is the less the spoils of war are.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

ping isn't even that bad. i run with 120-160 mostly on NA, and i live in midst of Europe, Austria. (and my web isn't even fast)

the lags aren't that bad therefore. i also think it would be sorta fine to just merge EU / NA, they should at least test it. that way they could eliminate any off hours.

like we moved some alts to NA to play during NA prime, which is roughly 3-4am @  EU main (gmt+1 is 4am for us / NA ~8 pm)

11 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Another way is when server A  that outmans in B, C and D a map gets reduced point score for structures that server A  caps or wont count to point score but acelerates supply generation in the home map, something like a morale boost only towards suply regen.

Also servers that outman others wont gain wxp  nor rewards on taking strutures as in the bigger the group is the less the spoils of war are.

this part might be kinda interesting. no wxp if u'd outnumber them. just i am not sure how outnumbered is precisely calculated. and they could just try to eternally dodge you by hopping borders this way - a technically abusable mechanic so eh

also, we had some very good farms while beeing outnumbered lol. if they'd just rq bc they outnumber us, thats also not good.
like punishing for blobbing literally empty maps would be sorta okay, but it has to be different, more dynamic. nothing simply abusable like this

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I've said it a million times but I'll repeat myself for posterity:

Defensive skills: Five targets limit.

Offensive skills: Ten targets limit.

This way offense always outstrips support and the smaller group always has the advantage as they can support their lower numbers easier while still doing damage to twice as many enemies. It also forces the larger groups to take more supports and less damage classes, lowering their overall power level.

Its an effective solution that has worked in some other RvR games.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 4

kitten man... these nights of map queue boon blobs running over everything is taking it's toll....

watching lemmings throw themselves into groups they KNOW they cannot beat is so kitten sad... 

these blobs should be in T1 not T4.... but you know they don't actual ppt, they only farm bags... it's worse than pve ktrains...

then you go roam and it's 10 man gankers running around...

I guess only boon spam blobbers suppose to enjoy wvw now?

how much more will small guilds put up with this?

🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I've said it a million times but I'll repeat myself for posterity:

Defensive skills: Five targets limit.

Offensive skills: Ten targets limit.

This way offense always outstrips support and the smaller group always has the advantage as they can support their lower numbers easier while still doing damage to twice as many enemies. It also forces the larger groups to take more supports and less damage classes, lowering their overall power level.

Its an effective solution that has worked in some other RvR games.

Think it would be great week long test to try. +1 here.

4 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

kitten man... these nights of map queue boon blobs running over everything is taking it's toll....

watching lemmings throw themselves into groups they KNOW they cannot beat is so kitten sad... 

these blobs should be in T1 not T4.... but you know they don't actual ppt, they only farm bags... it's worse than pve ktrains...

then you go roam and it's 10 man gankers running around...

I guess only boon spam blobbers suppose to enjoy wvw now?

how much more will small guilds put up with this?

🤷‍♂️

*Stares into Crystal Ball*

T4 is horrible yes. I don't think NA can sustain 4 tiers.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1