Shield Trait

thaniretouni.4762

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Adrenaline on block isn't bad. I would have preferred keeping the might (but making it longer than 1s in competitive), but another source of adrenaline would be fine.

Being able to turn counterblow and riposte into reflects increases their usefulness immensely. Counterblow, for example, only blocks a single ranged attack when you don't take shield master, but will block/reflect projectiles for the entire duration of the skill if you do take shield master.

Currently, those skills really only see use on condi mace zerker, but if those weapons were reworked (e.g., change counterblow and riposte to be full blocks with flipover skills) they would open the door for various new builds--which would benefit from having access to lots of reflects offered by shield master.

Also, I believe shield master actually DOES turn aegis into a reflect (it is a full block, not just a projectile block), but it does not affect skills that only block/destroy projectiles. 

It makes aegis reflect. It is a block after all.

5 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Being able to turn counterblow and riposte into reflects increases their usefulness immensely. Counterblow, for example, only blocks a single ranged attack when you don't take shield master,

no no no, counter blow and riposte full blocks ranged attack even without shield mastery

49 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

no no no, counter blow and riposte full blocks ranged attack even without shield mastery

Riposte does, yes. Counterblow does not; it only blocks one attack, whether ranged or melee, without the trait. It's weird and idk why it works with one and not the other but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Edit: just double checked: counter blow only blocks one ranged attack w/o trait

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364

16 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Riposte does, yes. Counterblow does not; it only blocks one attack, whether ranged or melee, without the trait. It's weird and idk why it works with one and not the other but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

right i don't know why is like that.

only reason is to prevent block chaining which toxic mech but you can do with shield mastery

which very weird

also they need to change adrenaline rush for both skills

cancel block to gain 3 adrenaline is completely garbage and pointless