why is there no solo end-game content?

RagiNagi.1802

1 hour ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

If you can do something solo as easily as you would with a party because of scaling, nobody would run them with a party and it would kill the multiplayer aspect. Your convenience is not worth killing every multiplayer game mode.

Help me understand the design logic here.  If most people would choose to play solo content then why force them into group content?

Fortunately, I suspect that a lot of people in this "MMO" do actually want multiplayer content, so this is a non-issue.  But I'm really baffled by the idea that we should make it inconvenient for people to play the content they want so that they're forced to play something they don't want.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

14 hours ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

I must have got the legendary amulet from a friend that works at Anet than...

The legendary amulet just requires you to do the content. Get the achievements. A TON of story related achievements are not easy. Go solo the migraine achievement. Have fun. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Help me understand the design logic here.  If most people would choose to play solo content then why force them into group content?

People want to do multiplayer content that is meant to be multiplayer. They don't want to do multiplayer content that is meant to be solo.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

People want to do multiplayer content that is meant to be multiplayer. They don't want to do multiplayer content that is meant to be solo.

Agreed...  But what does that have to do with anything?

People are asking for solo content that is meant to be solo (while several people suggest doing solo content that is meant to be multiplayer).

No one is asking for any changes to the multiplayer content.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Einsof.1457 said:

The legendary amulet just requires you to do the content. Get the achievements. A TON of story related achievements are not easy. Go solo the migraine achievement. Have fun. 

Like I said in one of my posts earlier, doing content mechanically designed for 5 players as a solo player is not fun. The content should be difficult for solo player by design not by handicapping yourself. I can make AC extremely difficult by going in with no gear and blue weapons. Thats not fun though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

11 minutes ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

Like I said in one of my posts earlier, doing content mechanically designed for 5 players as a solo player is not fun. The content should be difficult for solo player by design not by handicapping yourself. I can make AC extremely difficult by going in with no gear and blue weapons. Thats not fun though.

Play a single player game

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

Just now, Einsof.1457 said:

Again, what is the logic here.  Why do you think it is good for the game for players to log out and play something else (or never buy it in the first place)?

Obviously, there are other games out there with single player content, but for very little effort GW2 could offer something that would cater to a attract and engage a pretty large market. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Because... reasons?

Because it’s an MMO, you play it with others. If you don’t want to play with other players, there are many good single player games. Why play an MMO if you want to play alone? And why demand more solo content in an MMO? Do you order Pizza at a Chinese restaurant?

Besides there is a lot of solo content in the game. The whole Open World and story content is for solo players. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 8
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

Because it’s an MMO, you play it with others. If you don’t want to play with other players, there are many good single player games. Why play an MMO if you want to play alone?

Besides there is a lot of solo content in the game. The whole Open World and story content is for solo players. 

"Because it's an MMO" isn't a reason.  If that was how design worked then we'd have been farming out wolf skins in Queensdale to fill the first item of our quest log.

There is obviously a proportion of players who enjoy GW2, want to play an MMO, and would enjoy it to include endgame solo content/goals/rewards.  Arguing that those players should take their wallets to other games "because it's an MMO" does not seem like a mentality that in any way benefits the game.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

No idea.  But for strikes the assets exist, the single player functionality exists, the rewards exist, the scaling mechanics exist...

So... not many?

If you claim to know that it would require very little effort you should be able to back that up.

And, that content can already be soloed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

"Because it's an MMO" isn't a reason.  If that was how design worked then we'd have been farming out wolf skins in Queensdale to fill the first item of our quest log.

There is obviously a proportion of players who enjoy GW2, want to play an MMO, and would enjoy it to include endgame solo content/goals/rewards.  Arguing that those players should take their wallets to other games "because it's an MMO" does not seem like a mentality that in any way benefits the game.

There is a lot of solo content/goals/rewards already in the game. GW2 is a very solo player friendly game. What else do you want? You can already solo fractals, dungeons and strikes, Open World and story is solo content, you don’t need a group for PvP, you can roam alone in WvW. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

There is a lot of solo content/goals/rewards already in the game. GW2 is a very solo player friendly game. What else do you want? You can already solo fractals, dungeons and strikes, Open World and story is solo content, you don’t need a group for PvP, you can roam alone in WvW. 

Engaging and rewarding endgame solo content.  You know this as it's been discussed in multiple threads.  Fighting enemies that are bullet-sponges designed for five players isn't fun to me (and a lot of others).

And you're right.  It is a very solo friendly game.  That explains why there are so many solo players asking for more content here.

Edited by CrashTestAuto.9108
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Fortunately, I suspect that a lot of people in this "MMO" do actually want multiplayer content, so this is a non-issue.  But I'm really baffled by the idea that we should make it inconvenient for people to play the content they want so that they're forced to play something they don't want.

Fortunately as it was already explained to you many times before, if you want harder soloable content, you can already pick your difficulty level of said content by soloing things like drms, dungeons, fractals, bounties and so on. If harder soloable content is what you want, then you already have it avaialble.

You've already tried claiming you need harder solo strikes in order to learn group encounters, but somehow current soloable versions "don't count because they're too easy". But sure, they are easier in order to provide a difficulty slope easing people into harder group content. The issue here is that in reality you evidently don't want it to "get into group content", but instead to avoid group content. In that case, refer to the content proposed above that's already in the game or -if you want to play soulslike game- play a soulslike game instead.

Here's the thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/120977-suggestion-single-player-strike-modes/page/2/#comments and this one clearly didn't bring anything new to the table.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Engaging and rewarding endgame solo content.  You know this as it's been discussed in multiple threads.  Fighting enemies that are bullet-sponges designed for five players isn't fun to me (and a lot of others).

There already is engaging and rewarding solo content. Open World is pretty rewarding and you can get a lot of legendaries there.

Because soloing dungeons or fractals is not fun to you doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist. How many dungeons, strikes or fractals have you cleared alone? 
They shouldn’t waste resources because some few want to turn a multiplayer game into a single player game when there already is more than enough content for solo players. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Again, what is the logic here. 

The logic here is as follows: you start playing a multiplayer mmorpg game and then complain about it being multiplayer instead of singleplayer. I'd rather question the logic behind what you want. Especially that there are soloable group encounters already in the game but for some reason... that's not good enough?

26 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

No idea.  But for strikes the assets exist, the single player functionality exists, the rewards exist, the scaling mechanics exist...

Yeah, it exists, but apparently it's not good enough for you so... Might as well not exist for what you specifically want 🤔

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

41 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Again, what is the logic here.  Why do you think it is good for the game for players to log out and play something else (or never buy it in the first place)?

Obviously, there are other games out there with single player content, but for very little effort GW2 could offer something that would cater to a attract and engage a pretty large market. 

The same reason why I think having first person shooter gameplay in a JRPG is a bad idea. 95% of GW2 is single player. Get all the single player achievement points, then do /age, report that number, then complain there is a lack of soloable content. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

How about I play what I want... Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game. You're just a selfish person. If it doesn't appeal to you it shouldn't exist in the game you play. Theres a lot of you on here. Instead of wanting more people to play the game you tell them to go somewhere else if it they don't like how it is. Toxic af. How about Gw2 has all types of content to attract more players to the game? I bet you don't like that idea even though it would bring Anet a ton of $$. Selfishness is a disease. 

And before you go on about me asking for this for selfish reason, I asked for many things that don't benefit me for the health of the game. Idc if the game has content I don't enjoy if its going to get more people to play the game. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

How about I play what I want... Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game. You're just a selfish person. If it doesn't appeal to you it shouldn't exist in the game you play. Theres a lot of you on here. Instead of wanting more people to play the game you tell them to go somewhere else if it they don't like how it is. Toxic af. How about Gw2 has all types of content to attract more players to the game? I bet you don't like that idea even though it would bring Anet a ton of $$. Selfishness is a disease. 

And before you go on about me asking for this for selfish reason, I asked for many things that don't benefit me for the health of the game. Idc if the game has content I don't enjoy if its going to get more people to play the game. 

Okay. You are in a bakery, and what you really want is ice cream. There is an ice cream shop RIGHT NEXT DOOR, but you insist the baker make you ice cream because of...some reason? Just go walk over to the ice cream shop if you want ice cream. It's pretty obvious who is selfish here, and it's not the people that go to the bakery to get baked goods.

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

How about I play what I want... Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game. You're just a selfish person.

Trying to turn a multiplayer game into a single player game because that’s what you like is very selfish. Do you order Pizza at a Chinese restaurant because that’s what you want? Why not go to an Italian restaurant? 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2