Virtuoso overworld build?

Lynx.9058

You can run Dueling or Chaos variants of Condi Virtuoso in open world with relative ease. You can start with a snowcrows build and modify it from there. 

This is the build I have been running more or less since EoD dropped. OW Chaos Virtuoso

In OW take advantage of Jade Core for extra vitality and Jade Offensive and Defensive boons to pump up your build.  These buffs help any OW player especially when solo, far more than any other buff in the game.

Really as long as you are able to Crit cap and get bleed duration to 100% you can mess around with the rest of the gear and traits in whatever way suits you.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

You're mistaking Virtuoso for Rifle Mechanist. 😁

I already have a rifle mechanist =P

But I like to play different classes from time to time, and mesmer is one of my lesser-played characters (also have a reaper, soulbeast, untamed, scrapper, weaver, firebrand, and revenant I play off and on).

Rifle mechanist is great, and has become one of my favorites, but sometimes you want a change of scenery.

1 hour ago, Lynx.9058 said:

I already have a rifle mechanist =P

But I like to play different classes from time to time, and mesmer is one of my lesser-played characters (also have a reaper, soulbeast, untamed, scrapper, weaver, firebrand, and revenant I play off and on).

Rifle mechanist is great, and has become one of my favorites, but sometimes you want a change of scenery.

I was just joking. 😉

I also have some other characters i play now and then. 
Most recently Vindicator that i parked at Drizzlewood to farm that meta when i feel like it hehe.

Curiously, i don't have a Mechanist haha, i'm still sticking to Holo and Scrapper.

9 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

You can run Dueling or Chaos variants of Condi Virtuoso in open world with relative ease. You can start with a snowcrows build and modify it from there. 

This is the build I have been running more or less since EoD dropped. OW Chaos Virtuoso

In OW take advantage of Jade Core for extra vitality and Jade Offensive and Defensive boons to pump up your build.  These buffs help any OW player especially when solo, far more than any other buff in the game.

Really as long as you are able to Crit cap and get bleed duration to 100% you can mess around with the rest of the gear and traits in whatever way suits you.   

No condi cleanse, build needs some fixing - either sacrifice one sigil, or retrait for at least some condi cleanse

• Confused 1

In open world most builds will end up being viable, if you want something simple use a power virtu dps build and use marauder stats instead of berserk (i think it was marauder), those stats main power and prec and minor vit and feroc, as virtus already convert vit to feroc, although you still loose stast, you dont loose that much dmg and you do get pretty decent health, you also can go gs, dagger/focus or maybe gs sword focus, etc etc, weapons and skill are a bit secondary in open world, use what you feel more confortable with

12 hours ago, zaswer.5246 said:

In open world most builds will end up being viable

This hasn't really been my experience, tbh.

There's a big difference between Central Tyria viable and Crystal desert viable, or maguuma viable, or Cantha viable.  Expansion zones in the overworld are significantly more difficult than central tyria, and there are a lot of deadly enemies that you have to be built properly to take on.

I can steamroll through crystal desert with my scrapper, mechanist, or soulbeast for example, but my weaver, daredevil, and untamed struggle with it at times.  Reaper is kind of in the middle, since it can survive more easily but has lower dps now than some of the other builds.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 11:10 AM, Lynx.9058 said:

There's a big difference between Central Tyria viable and Crystal desert viable, or maguuma viable, or Cantha viable.  Expansion zones in the overworld are significantly more difficult than central tyria, and there are a lot of deadly enemies that you have to be built properly to take on.

I can steamroll through crystal desert with my scrapper, mechanist, or soulbeast for example, but my weaver, daredevil, and untamed struggle with it at times.  Reaper is kind of in the middle, since it can survive more easily but has lower dps now than some of the other builds.

You have two ways to play:

• Play a meta build and spend you time avoiding damage
  • Play a tanky build and spend you time maximizing your damage

Generally people play the first one since if you can tag up you will be doing amazing damage. This is Virtuoso in a nutshell, while Chonomancers kit lends itself to being more defensive.

My best experience on Virtuoso was with Illusion + Inspiration since the initial DPS was roughly the same and you are able to heal yourself/group by a consistent tick. Most will say it is over kill and you should have enough healing but again I go back to the two ways you want to play. I generally don't have have avoid mechanics and can just focus on my rotation and lining up enemies.

Edited by Mell.4873

On 9/28/2022 at 12:10 AM, Lynx.9058 said:

When someone says "viable" they mean "within reason" usually.

Of course you can run full minstrel in open world and have epic fights with every trash mob that last an hour.

But with stats that are usually considered meta, or their 4 stat vitality/toughness variants, you can pretty much do any build and it'll be "fine". Not optimal but fine enough that you can finish content such as story or exploration.

You don't have to steamroll through content for it to be viable, you just have to be able to join groups that do events, do story and do simple gathering etc.

Steamrolling through stuff is considered more than viable, and it's usually in the META territory.  Like that mirage build that soloes champions. That's not just viable, that's META.

Viable just means you can finish hearts, events, story and gathering just fine.

• Like 1