rifle the biggest joke among all jokes

felix.2386

yea warrior has tons of bad weapons that does nothing

rifle is biggest meme of them all, as yea they all equally bad

but rifle actually received a tons of buff yet still equally useless ( I'm sure if other weapons receiving same treatment would still be useless as well, but that haven't happened yet)

firs they gave all rifle skills 2 ammo from 1 use, effectively doubling rifles main skills

then they made rifle 5 charge one ammo for all of these skills, effectively tripling rifle main skills

then they released bladesworn who's tactical reload skill also charge one ammo for all ammunition skills , effectively quadrupling all rifle main skills

all of these while maintaining an incredibly low cooldown of 12,12,20,20

(disregarding 2 skill reworks that barely mattered)

no weapon in game has received such big buffs, you'd think it has become god at this point, but no it is still completely garbage

and now they are removing tactical reload's ability to reset core ammunition skills, because other skills are too powerful with the reset

LOL

with this many resets and low cooldowns, at this point, you can completely remove the cooldown of all rifle skills except burst skill, and rifle would still be completely garbage lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The problem with the rifle ammo rework is that they then cut the damage on all the skills. Rifle needed a buff at that point, not the same ineffective DPS spread across more actions per minute.

Though, I will say that OH sword is more garbage than Rifle. Rifle at least has Gunflame and Volley to meme people with.

To me:

• Add +25% damage across the board in all game modes, F1's included at all tiers
  • Increase AA chain attack speed by 33% ( with the change above you might get a decent coefficient/cast time ratio out of it)
  • Increase the Immobilize duration on Rifle4 by 25%
  • Change the evade on Rifle4 to happen at the same time as the attack, or before, not after the attack goes off
  • Make Rifle5 a PBAoE, or give it a fast leap of 400 range.

Do all that and I think some Mechanist players might reroll as warriors instead.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Do all that and I think some Mechanist players might reroll as warriors instead.

i honestly wouldnt want that, that only means rifle has become a faceroll weapon

i'd rather rifle become something engaging, interesting and active and reactive.

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

i honestly wouldnt want that, that only means rifle has become a faceroll weapon

i'd rather rifle become something engaging, interesting and active and reactive.

Then pair down the damage increase, everything else would fit the bill. It would still need the damage increase in PvE with how they are designing encounters though.

• Thanks 1

I agree, rifle is one of the weapons that , personally, view as needing possibly the most intensive reworks. If I had to sum up how rifle feels in one word, it would be “dated”. 
I suppose it’s possible current rifle could be built into something good, but I’m very much not a fan so I have trouble envisioning what that looks like. 
I’ve posted more intensive rework ideas on here before, if you feel like digging through my posts.

• Like 1

Rifle is another weapon with poorly balanced skills. For example, rifle 3 is basically the weaker version of rifle 4: both inflict vulnerability and a movement impairing condition, but 4 has stronger condis and built in mobility/evade frames. The only advantage rifle 3 has is that it hits multiple targets, which is usually irrelevant because rifle isn't an aoe weapon. In the case of rifle 4, the skill does so many things that the devs probably aren't comfortable buffing it further.

In my opinion there's a simple fix: move the immob to rifle 3, increase the vuln stacks, and have it pierce instead of aoe. They could then remove the attack from rifle 4 and turn it into a normal rollback like burning retreat/withdraw/lightning reflexes/etc. Right now the 4 often cancels itself because it tries to make you face your target, and I doubt the devs will create a new animation just to fix that. Even if they did, having one skill do too much isn't good design. Removing the attack on 4 improves purity of purpose and lowers rifle's vuln application to justify buffing damage on other skills. 

Though not fixing it completely, I think these changes would make rifle less clunky to play, since you could now use just the 3 to set up damage instead of both 3 and 4, and save 4 as a reliable evade instead of wasting it offensively. 

It's such a pity, I think rifle warrior could be such a unique gameplay style and I still think that even in it's current iteration it is such a fun way to play a warrior. However it kind of just feels directionless, on thief you have the sniper rifle, on engineer you have the shotgun and this should leave warrior with the medium range "assault" rifle however it just doesn't feel like one. I feel like warrior rifle "1" just feels so bad. It made a world of difference when they changed the first engineer rifle skill, it's such a joy to use. And deadeye obviously has the "Death's Judgement" skill tackled onto theirs. The warrior one is now just so slow and bland.

Rifle is Garbage, but I still use it in WvW to pull enemy Yaks out of camps. Somehow, it still is better than Longbow for that. At least it feels that way for me.

But, if they ever touch this weapon, I'd only want number adjustments. Seeing how they made the Pistol a melee weapon, a potential Rifle rework might take away its range.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Rifle is Garbage, but I still use it in WvW to pull enemy Yaks out of camps. Somehow, it still is better than Longbow for that. At least it feels that way for me.

But, if they ever touch this weapon, I'd only want number adjustments. Seeing how they made the Pistol a melee weapon, a potential Rifle rework might take away its range.

Believe it or not in the Omnibus thread people surprisingly wanted Rifle to be turned completely into a 600 range Shotgun type weapon.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Believe it or not in the Omnibus thread people surprisingly wanted Rifle to be turned completely into a 600 range Shotgun type weapon.

That'd be disgusting.

That'd would leave Warrior completely without ranged power weapon, not matter how bad it is.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

That'd be disgusting.

That'd would leave Warrior completely without ranged power weapon, not matter how bad it is.

I think is was more of people throwing their hands in the air and wanting to go all in and make it a thing. What ended up out of that discussion was the same skills, but all as 600 range cone AoEs, with the exception of Rifle5. That actually would be nice on a node, lots of vulnerability, cripple, and immobilizes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

they could make it a rapid fire mortar at 1400 range💥, at this point in my warrior life, idc about asking for absurd things anymore. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Mortime.1359 said:

It's such a pity, I think rifle warrior could be such a unique gameplay style and I still think that even in it's current iteration it is such a fun way to play a warrior. However it kind of just feels directionless, on thief you have the sniper rifle, on engineer you have the shotgun and this should leave warrior with the medium range "assault" rifle however it just doesn't feel like one. I feel like warrior rifle "1" just feels so bad. It made a world of difference when they changed the first engineer rifle skill, it's such a joy to use. And deadeye obviously has the "Death's Judgement" skill tackled onto theirs. The warrior one is now just so slow and bland.

It's amazing how people generally neglect the auto-attack of a weapon and focus only on the 2-5 skills. The auto is the lynch-pin of any weapon. The skill you have access to at all times. It SHOULD be good.