WvW needs a new map, so lets use the one thats already there.

Sahne.6950

Let´s revamp EotM.

Most people liked EotM and its a shame that currently there is 0 incentive to play it.

-Add rewards

-Add gliding/mounts (not because i think it will result in better gameplay, but because people have gotten so used to them, that not having them would maybe turn people down)

-promote it as a instanced gamemode with matches that last 30-60 minutes. 

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

I would only take some elements of eotm over to a new EoD style map.

like the bridge system and allow the bridges to be damaged by turtles to give that new mount a purpose at all.

so what these shrimp vehicles do now can be replaced by turtles.

the rest of eotm is just too much small paths and small bridges underneath the actual map.

eotm i would just pimp up as a overflow map like op suggested. if the alliance system will shovel 500 active players together by random population generator there will be much likely higher queues like seen in beta matches.

Edited by roederich.2716

Just revert the pip and rewards nerf to EotM. The PvErs can use it to farm GoBs.

As to a map to replace one of the Alpine maps? Yes, an EoD style map would be great. The northern part can be Old KC themed, the Home Garri would be new KC themed, small but urban. SW corner would be Echovald, and SE corner would be the Jade Sea.

Allow the use of zip lines where you can glide as part of a Jade Tech world ability. Also include batteries, which are used to fuel Turtle cannon rounds. Turtle Jets would be disabled in WvW for obvious reasons.

7 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

EoTM? We know Tangled Depths is the perfect replacement for EB. Just scrap EoTM and do the right thing instead.

Good with both. Bring EoTM into WvW as a afifth map, and replace one of the ABL with TD and add objectives. They could also add the EoTM supply generators to be able to skip any pathing issues with Yaks running supply. Just add more of them so that there are more objective around the map to trigger fights between travel points.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

EoTM? We know Tangled Depths is the perfect replacement for EB. Just scrap EoTM and do the right thing instead.

That reminds me of a time when we were wondering where some of our fight guilds went. So one day we were working on a gen 2 legendary and found them tagged.... in Tangled Depths! They were looking for the same thing we were.

Tangled Depths is the real WvW endgame, my folks.

• Like 1

That's just another map in the same World vs World though. A lot of the areas on current maps are already great for combat. It's still apart from the rest of the game and people will still sit there at the bank or chasing hot spots before the action disappears after the prime time window. 

14 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Let´s revamp EotM.

Most people liked EotM and its a shame that currently there is 0 incentive to play it.

-Add rewards

-Add gliding/mounts (not because i think it will result in better gameplay, but because people have gotten so used to them, that not having them would maybe turn people down)

-promote it as a instanced gamemode with matches that last 30-60 minutes. 

we asked anet years ago for sth on it, no reactions. they just keep Wvw as a rotten corpse mode apparently

I've been saying it should become a second EBG for a long time now. The problem with players not attacking each other was entirely due it not being part of the warscore. If its part of the warscore than the original problems that plagued the map (mainly non-combatancy) will not happen anymore.

But the devs would never do it because then no one would ever play the borderlands. Players have shown they prefer three-sided maps where everyone is in a constant push-pull, not a steady climb against just one server in a kind of map-wide siege. Its all about the fast and furious fights (unless you're PPTing, at least). The result is almost the entire population would be queued on EBG and EoTM and nothing else.

(Though I suppose you could put it in rotation with EBG. This would also stop the 24/7/365 SMC war.)

The borderlands have inherintly bad design for RvR. Maybe if we got a third, jungle-themed borderlands to replace the extra ABL, it could fix some of the issues, but most likely it would end up just being another overengineered DBL instead and we'd be right back in the same situations.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

14 hours ago, Avion Blade.4869 said:

I don't want to be feared off the edge of a cliff :P.

With glide added worst cause you will need to scroll out on mini-map and port back to a waypoint before you hit the fall death line. You could already do this a majority of the time without gliders if they didn't DoT you up before hitting you with the fear.

OP's idea w/EOTM sounds alright to me. There's few good ideas said here...

Some of my most fun times was trolling w/friends in EOTM trying to knock or fear as many people off the map as possible and finding the best spots to do it. 

As much as I can admit DBL has gotten much better than it was in it's inception, but done right(reworked just a bit)I think EOTM could be a fun map for normal WvW play. Or put in as a rotation. 

But I'd still take no downstate permanently over any new map.  Just saying...

Am I remembering EOTM wrong? Everyone seems to have loved it but I thought it was a pain to fight in and especially dragging large groups. Also again, it would just be another WvW map with the WvW limitations and lack of activity, engagement, and dense atmosphere and set design depth that core maps have. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

Am I remembering EOTM wrong? Everyone seems to have loved it but I thought it was a pain to fight in and especially dragging large groups. Also again, it would just be another WvW map with the WvW limitations and lack of activity, engagement, and dense atmosphere and set design depth that core maps have. 

people loved it cause it was easy ppt  XP etc. It was good to level new characters up to 80 back then.

Since this map gives nothing anymore its just used for GvG and Inhouses. So I doubt anet will "revive" Eotm, cause this will make GvG more difficult to organise.

The Problem is that Guild Halls Arenas only allow for PvE skills usage. You cant switch to WvW or PvP skill configuration the far i know. If that was possible guilds could do their GvGs in Guild Halls and whatever eotm could be "revived". but doing GvG with Skills that do high amounts of PvE Damage etc. is just asspiss.

19 minutes ago, roederich.2716 said:

people loved it cause it was easy ppt  XP etc. It was good to level new characters up to 80 back then.

Since this map gives nothing anymore its just used for GvG and Inhouses. So I doubt anet will "revive" Eotm, cause this will make GvG more difficult to organise.

The Problem is that Guild Halls Arenas only allow for PvE skills usage. You cant switch to WvW or PvP skill configuration the far i know. If that was possible guilds could do their GvGs in Guild Halls and whatever eotm could be "revived". but doing GvG with Skills that do high amounts of PvE Damage etc. is just asspiss.

Ya, I'm having a hard time understanding why people would want to open up the map for general use. One of the more helpful things you can do in WvW is pan your camera regularly to feel out the map lag so that you know it's time to bounce soon or get stealth rushed or you'll need to defend whatever that moving force is going for. That new map density could make GvG movement dicey and hurt that element, but then it wouldn't really add much more to the WvW dynamic either unless I missed a really great idea.

Well EotM is ok but don't think it would work since everyone has 1000 pulls and knockbacks available these days.

The map design I think is best:

2 EBs

3 Alpines

No Desert or EotM

Why? Well, Desert is least popular even though people have 2 alpines to choose from so it is obviously removed. EB is the most popular compared to alpines, thus we need a 2nd EB. Will people still stack servers and cloud sm with permaqueue? Yea, but one of them will be easier to take.

3 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Well EotM is ok but don't think it would work since everyone has 1000 pulls and knockbacks available these days.

The map design I think is best:

2 EBs

3 Alpines

No Desert or EotM

Why? Well, Desert is least popular even though people have 2 alpines to choose from so it is obviously removed. EB is the most popular compared to alpines, thus we need a 2nd EB. Will people still stack servers and cloud sm with permaqueue? Yea, but one of them will be easier to take.

We can agree if we go 4 EBG. But outside of that, not so much. And even then will grow boring.