We need more group focused content.

Einsof.1457

18 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

That's basically what I'm asking you. You're claiming this community sucks because they just want solo content, but most of the major events (called metas) can't be done solo. So I'm asking you, what cutting edge content you're running around doing solo with no other players that's causing you to whine and attack GW2 players. 

running around headless with 50 other pple smashing buttons isnt rlly group content

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

I feel like I could describe any group content in this way if I wanted to. I mean, even typing to coordinate is smashing buttons.  I'm sorry you're disappointed. 

Sure dude. Go raid Naxx in Vanilla WoW and you will see what is group based content

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

14 minutes ago, Luks.4230 said:

Sure dude. Go raid Naxx in Vanilla WoW and you will see what is group based content

Of all the difficult content you could have picked from WoW, from mythic tomb of sargeras to mythic  sepulcher of the first ones you had to pick vanilla naxxramas. The one raid that was difficult not because it was difficult but because people playing during that time were just plain bad and it was hard to get 40 people geared and together in the same place. That raid that was pugged in classic WoW.

Edited by Mortime.1359
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Sure it was pugged nowadays but thats not the point. It was an example of group based content. Playing in a squad of 50 ppl only to share boons an such without any tought of gameplay or coordination its just like a single player game. You dont even need to join a squad to get the meta done. All group based content is abandoned and only left is truly single player gameplay, you guys dont even realite it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I dont think u rlly get what a MMORPG is meant to be. Just play your solitaire and its all fine. You dont need to play a game that is meant to be played in group content.

You guys are playing the wrong genre, its that ez.

Edited by Luks.4230
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

13 hours ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

I believe they have to do it because I think it will make the game better. GW2 has been on a consistent decline since release, which is normal for every game but I believe it can be so much more. I vehemently believe the current state where it is doing just ok is not where it could be because the majority of the content be poured onto living story is a big mistake that causes huge issues with player retention. 

I think if it continues the current stage of releasing 1 LS every 3 months and 1 group content maybe every half a year will be serviceable like it has been doing for the past decade. That however will just let the game be in the same old state forever. There need to be a shift in focus to pull the game to where it can be and I believe a focus on rewarding group content is essential. 

Anyone who thinks this game is in a constant state of decline since release isn't paying attention. Arguably it got worse in the 9 months after HOT than it is now as far as income goes. And the only people that KNOW the population work at Anet, but I can say that I feel the population is better now, and even before the Steam launch than it was a few years back. So I'm not sure how you justify the terms steady decline.

I was checking out some reddits to see how many people are online for different games. Looks to me like the only MMOs that  have more reddit traffic at a given hour are FF XIV, WoW and  Old School Runescape in that order.  ESO has fallen a lot. SWTOR can't compete.  Now that doesn't necessarily provide proof those games are less populated than this one, but it's likely at least an indicator. 

When people use words like a steady state of decline, without being able to back it up, they ask us to question everything else that they're saying. This is one of the more successful MMOs on the market and in its launch window, ie, the last ten years, only FFXIV has likely had more success.  I don't think the game is in decline. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

42 minutes ago, samsar.9152 said:

Maybe better after that when ppl stop asking fully absurd requirements, like 20k UFE yesterday, to do Nightmare CM fractal. 

I forgot to mention... People who wants more group content often forget over 90% of the playerbase in the game are casual players. Just friendly reminder. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

11 minutes ago, samsar.9152 said:

I forgot to mention... People who wants more group content often forget over 90% of the playerbase in the game are casual players. Just friendly reminder. 

And casual players hate group content? That’s not true. Casual players do group content as well. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

And casual players hate group content? That’s not true. Casual players do group content as well. 

No, they do not. But absurd and high requirements to do stuff, yes, they do.  High requirements only basicly forces them to forget lfg and  find guild or community to do stuff because they otherwise can't. Thankfully I found the guild to do raids and similar stuff. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, samsar.9152 said:

No, they do not. But absurd and high requirements to do stuff, yes, they do.  High requirements only basicly forces them to forget lfg and  find guild or community to do stuff because they otherwise can't. Thankfully I found the guild to do raids and similar stuff. 

How come they cant put up a lfg with the requirement they want and go do stuff solo untill it fills?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I guess it's good that your lifestyle is perfectly representative of the entire GW2 community?

No but as someone with a Full time job and other responsibilities I am quite sure that there are a lot of other players that are like me. So what’s keeping you from using the LFG when you are online? 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

No but as someone with a Full time job and other responsibilities I am quite sure that there are a lot of other players that are like me. So what’s keeping you from using the LFG when you are online? 

Well s/he/it want to login do exactly what they want the moment they get online and be done when they want.

And other people have been trying to tell them that  they are in the wrong game if that is what they want.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

I don't always know how long I'll be on for, or I may know and it's less than the time to find a group and complete an instance (or very close to that amount of time).

I'm not sure why this is a concept that requires explanation.  Content takes time.  Finding a group takes time.  Not everyone can predict how much time they have available, or aren't able to commit to as long as it takes to find a group and complete content.

This isn't a particularly unusual situation to describe.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

Well s/he/it want to login do exactly what they want the moment they get online and be done when they want.

And other people have been trying to tell them that  they are in the wrong game if that is what they want.

Again, how do you think this attitude benefits the game?  The game is heavily marketed to and populated by solo players, and many of them will have similar experiences.  How do you think telling people to go and play something else is in anyone's interests?

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Again, how do you think this attitude benefits the game?  The game is heavily marketed to and populated by solo players, and many of them will have similar experiences.  How do you think telling people to go and play something else is in anyone's interests?

Just out of curiosity where is it “heavily marketed” as a game for solo players? 
It seems that you have a problem with managing your time, that’s fine, not everyone is good at that.
But then maybe you should have realistic expectations what you can get in an MMO. Most MMOs tend to be quite time consuming. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 2