We need more group focused content.

Einsof.1457

23 hours ago, Albi.7250 said:

But it is group content.

Did you understand what OP said and what you've just quoted?

Because it's more about meaningful group content where your cooperation with other players matter, not """grouping up""" by just showing up on timer next to a world boss to zerg it down in seconds no matter what you do. Still nothing about what OP wants is somehow second life, it's still just "a game people want".

Gehenna helped you with with a direct quote from OP right under your post.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Did you understand what OP said and what you've just quoted?

Because it's more about meaningful group content where your cooperation with other players matter, not """grouping up""" by just showing up on timer next to a world boss to zerg it down in seconds no matter what you do. Still nothing about what OP wants is somehow second life, it's still just "a game people want".

Gehenna helped you with with a direct quote from OP right under your post.

If it's for Instance content , then this thread should be moved to the Raiding  section.

If it's for hardcore OW where you team-up by showing up  , then Arenanet have already implanted them ,  like Dragons End and more most likely , more are on the way .

(I hope this thread gets 15k views in the next 2 days like the OW legendary set.)

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Woof.8246 said:

If it's for Instance content , then this thread should be moved to the Raiding  section.

Nobody said it's for instanced content. Certainly I didn't.

3 hours ago, Woof.8246 said:

If it's for hardcore OW where you team-up by showing up  , then Arenanet have already implanted them ,  like Dragons End and more most likely , more are on the way .

That's why OP doesn't pretend we don't have any, but instead wrote "we need more".  Anet should also take a look at the past events/metas where powercreep allows people to skip their intended design.

(that thread has nothing to do with this one and "number of views" is meaningless -especially in the way you're trying to use it- btw)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's why OP doesn't pretend we don't have any, but instead wrote "we need more".  Anet should also take a look at the past events/metas where powercreep allows people to skip their intended design.

Yeah , i hope the nerf the boon effect (in PvE)  as i said in the previous post (for example 20% quickness). That's how they will nerf the powercreep . That will lead a 3k dps player to deal 5k , while a 40k > 28k and he boss HP will scaled down accordingly

In PvP and WvW is fine , because of the short duration .

13 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

(that thread has nothing to do with this one and "number of views" is meaningless -especially in the way you're trying to use it- btw)

That's not true

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Woof.8246 said:

Yeah , i hope the nerf the boon effect (in PvE)  as i said in the previous post (for example 20% quickness). That's how they will nerf the powercreep . That will lead a 3k dps player to deal 5k , while a 40k > 28k and he boss HP will scaled down accordingly

In PvP and WvW is fine , because of the short duration .

No need for that, they can adjust individual encounters and/or pull down the dmg numbers.

...and if you scale down the boss hp along with it then what even is the point of making the previous change? 😄

7 hours ago, Woof.8246 said:

That's not true

How is this not true? It is meaningless -and even moreso in the way you're trying to use it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

On 10/6/2022 at 4:37 PM, Kestrell.6952 said:

Please, no. This is my lazy game and the whole reason I play is being able to stay solo 95% of the time. I have no interest in raids, strikes or pvp. Make grouping mandatory and I would probably play something else for lazy game time

Open world and story content isn't going anywhere, so no worries?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

16 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Open world and story content isn't going anywhere, so no worries?

Raids, dungeons, and already made fractals and strikes won't go anywhere either. And currently new strikes are practically guaranteed from now on alongside story content, so by the same reasoning, those wanting group content shouldn't worry either.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yup, but what exactly are you responding to here? OP said "more", not "we have none".

Not quite. What OP was asking was to  increase the percentage of group content (and not just any group content, but one requiring higher levels of coordination) in the overall makeup of the game. Which, by extension, means decreasing the importance of all other content by the same degree.

OP getting what they want will mean those that do not share their opinion will get less content than they'd get otherwise. If you think that the answer to this concern is "don't worry, Anet will still make content for you", then the same answer should also suffice for OP's concerns. Anet will still make content for them.

of course, that response does ignore the degree to which content for each of those players would get developed, but hey, that was your response, not mine.

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

10 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Not quite. What OP was asking was to  increase the percentage of group content (and not just any group content, but one requiring higher levels of coordination) in the overall makeup of the game.

What do you mean not quite? It still is "asking for more" instead of saying "we have none".

Which, by extension, means decreasing the importance of all other content by the same degree.

Which still leaves the majority of how it is now in the way it is, including story and majority of open world like I've said above.

OP getting what they want will mean those that do not share their opinion will get less content than they'd get otherwise. If you think that the answer to this concern is "don't worry, Anet will still make content for you", then the same answer should also suffice for OP's concerns. Anet will still make content for them.

Except OP isn't asking for anywhere near majority, while apparently moving the % is a direct threat to existance of soloable content and instantly results in finding another game (instead of this mmorpg, because someone just wants it to be a lazy solo game 🙄 )

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What do you mean not quite? It still is "asking for more" instead of saying "we have none".

Which still leaves the majority of how it is now in the way it is, including story and majority of open world like I've said above.

Except OP isn't asking for anywhere near majority, while apparently moving the % is a direct threat to existance of soloable content and instantly results in finding another game (instead of this mmorpg, because someone just wants it to be a lazy solo game 🙄 )

And? In a thread about how much of a certain content we should be getting, an answer "don't worry, you will still get your content" addresses both sides of the discussion equally well (or, rather, equally bad). If you consider it good for one side (which apparently you do, because you were the one that made that argument in the first place), you should not complain when it gets used to the other side too. And if you think it's bad when used for OPs argument (which, again, apparently you do, because you complained about me using it), you should not have been used it in the first place to a similar argument, just for the other side of discussion.

It's clear that for you the validity of this argument is purely based on whether it is used for or against the side of discussion you are supporting. I find it quite hypocritical.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

35 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And?

And your post was irrelevant to what I said, including the seemingly shoehorned "not quite" which didn't change anything about what I wrote, because it's still just "asking for more". Nothing about that was "not quite". Having more significant group content still will remain a minority and still in no way threatens someone treating this mmorpg as their lazy solo game.

35 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

In a thread about how much of a certain content we should be getting, an answer "don't worry, you will still get your content" addresses both sides of the discussion equally well (or, rather, equally bad). If you consider it good for one side (which apparently you do, because you were the one that made that argument in the first place), you should not complain when it gets used to the other side too. And if you think it's bad when used for OPs argument (which, again, apparently you do, because you complained about me using it), you should not have been used it in the first place to a similar argument, just for the other side of discussion.

It's clear that for you the validity of this argument is purely based on whether it is used for or against the side of discussion you are supporting. I find it quite hypocritical.

How is this supposed to be hypocritical? One poster says "I want more group focused content", while the other responds with "make grouping mandatory and I'll find another lazy solo game", hence the ~"don't worry, you'll clearly still have a lot of solo content avaialble" response.

After which you just seemingly randomly jump in with irrelevant "no u" type of response with "but there's also already group content in the game!" -sure, there is and, again, nobody said there isn't. It's not me being somehow hypocritical here, but instead you completely disregarding what I responded to because you attempted to blindly "mirror" what I said whether it's relevant to the previous posts or not.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Raids, dungeons, and already made fractals and strikes won't go anywhere either. And currently new strikes are practically guaranteed from now on alongside story content, so by the same reasoning, those wanting group content shouldn't worry either.

How is it practically guaranteed?

We head that one is coming with next episode of living story after that there is silence so I would say we have as much chance to get more strike missions after that as fractals and raids atm.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

We head that one is coming with next episode of living story after that there is silence so I would say we have as much chance to get more strike missions after that as fractals and raids atm.

I read it somewhere that they said that Fractal is their cornerstone for 5man instance content .

Aren't Strikes tied up to Living stories ? The more LS we have , then the more Strikes we get , so we  better ask for more Living Stories (which will help both communities)

Thankfully they will use the free-up artists to create a new PvP map every 5months , or  redesign the bland look of WvW

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Aren't Strikes tied up to Living stories ? The more LS we have , then the more Strikes we get

When you say "living stories", you sure mean "living world" episodes, right? Considering last 4 strikes, including first strike CMs we got came with expansion... no, they're not.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

When you say "living stories", you sure mean "living world" episodes, right? Considering last 4 strikes, including first strike CMs we got came with expansion... no, they're not.

The LW stories that came with the expansion are "Expansion stories" ?

So we better ask for more "Expansion stories" , rather than "LW stories"

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Woof.8246 said:

The LW stories that came with the expansion is "Expansion stories" ?

So we better ask for more "Expansion stories" , rather than "LW stories"

Welp, I don't know what you are talking about here. Last 4 strikes didn't come with LW, they came with expansion.

And now to make it absolutely clear, I also don't see what's the relevance between your last posts and this thread at all. Strikes can come with whatever content anet wants it to come with or even almost by themselves, completely separately from any other content. It's not somehow "bound to one thing".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

During the EoD development, they said that their new idea is to "merge" the story and high-end group content development, and from now on deliver a three-tiered content: so, story, and then normal and CM strikes based on story instances. So far it seems that this model seems to work well, so it's likely they will continue it. Unless the popularity drops down at some point, but in this case any demands of "more challenging group content" would be moot anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2