Aviator Memory Box

I "opened" this expecting something "good" but as it turned out, it was pretty annoying even not allowing my character to fight when enabled. For instance, when I released the Skritt Burgler, my character could only chase it. Normally my character could attack and chase it. The most annoying thing is the only way to disable the "feature" is to log out of the character and log back in.

Edited by phaserBanks.7386
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, phaserBanks.7386 said:

I "opened" this expecting something "good" but as it turned out, it was pretty annoying even not allowing my character to fight when enabled. For instance, when I released the Skritt Burgler, my character could only chase it. Normally my character could attack and chase it. The most annoying thing is the only way to disable the "feature" is to log out of the character and log back in.

Click on it again to disable the effect. No need to log out.

Often placed at chests to trap unsuspecting players, especially newbies.

• Like 3

They should add a timer and let the effect expire after 5 minutes. It's annoying when a new player is caught by this trap in open world and then the box disappears/they don't know how to remove the effect. It happened to me as well, the first time, and I had to do Tequatl with that effect, without being able to see the telegraphs 🙂  Honestly it was quite funny, but after 5-10 minutes max it  starts to be annoying.

• Like 2

This has been discussed many times, and they should add a setting where players can select which type of interactive object they prioritize (e.g., loot chests over consumables).

This trolling is not only annoying for the players, it also costs them precious time when they are in a hurry hopping between event maps (like when you accidentally take a portal in Tangled Depths, which delays your tavel to Tarir, a map that fills up quickly in LFG).

54 minutes ago, Urud.4925 said:

with that effect, without being able to see the telegraphs

If by "telegraphs" you mean AoE: you can always deactivate Post-Processing in the gaphics settings, then you won't get the sepia filter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

If by "telegraphs" you mean AoE: you can always deactivate Post-Processing in the gaphics settings, then you won't get the sepia filter.

Unfortunately, it also deactivates AoEs in some contents like strike missions (you won't see the safe circles against Mai Trin for example). I did it before, but I don't want to activate/deactivate options constantly when I play in open world/instanced content.

1 hour ago, Blude.6812 said:

It's become an activity by those who place it just to aggravate players, specially when placed on top of other items you want to interact with. It not the only one they use.

The trolls definitely use different ways to annoy you. Other ways they employ include scattering metal bars around chests, place portals, etc.

Don't rush when farming chests. A minute or two extra will often save you the aggravation and time lost. Click on chests and press F but pay attention to the words Open or Use. If Use, it's a troll item.

Portals are probably the worst. They will take you to a far area, and often to a mapbreak area where you may fall to your death. Only way to escape is to use waypoints.

• Like 1