Provide a solution to afk teammates

mziven.2095

Reporting doesn't do kitten. Give me a options to deal with AFK teammates that will yield some tangible result. Afk teammates ruin the game mode.  If premade teams are not an option at least let me vote to forfeit the game so I'm not wasting my time! Or if I block a person for idle play don't pair me with them in the subsequent matches. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Match automatically stops if an afk player is detected, that player loses all rank, and every other player gets rewards/pips as it they lost the match, but no rating is lost or gained. After a player is flagged as afk in a match 3 times total they receive perma dishonor until the end of the season.

This is something new?

On 9/27/2022 at 7:38 PM, Lysico.4906 said:

They get auto booted after 45 sec afk.   Team does not lose any points.  Afker gets loss points and lock out ⏱ 

I dont know if this is a suggestion or you talking about hownit used to be

Either way that wasnt very effective, because 98% of the times the guy is not afk, but pointing out how bad his team is in map chat and more than that make sure he's hitting any button to restart the kick count. There's no other way than anet looking at those reports and actually taking action against this behaviour

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

I dont know if this is a suggestion or you talking about hownit used to be

Either way that wasnt very effective, because 98% of the times the guy is not afk, but pointing out how bad his team is in map chat and more than that make sure he's hitting any button to restart the kick count. There's no other way than anet looking at those reports and actually taking action against this behaviour

Yeah, its something at least, but it isn't going to stop all AFKers, especially people who do it on purpose for the sake of match manipulation.

There'd be ways around the AFK timer for people that intentionally AFK and that would also give the wintrading cartel a way to make null and void those rare losses.

The best thing they could do is to is look into idle player/match manipulation reports and identify serial AFKers to ban. Manually, if need be. It shouldn't be too hard. There isn't that many of us to begin with and they already manage PvE, making sure that entire part of the game is clean of any mean words and the occasional slur.

And move those dumb-dumb pips over to Unranked as well so there's less incentive to do these things in the competitive mode, that would make it far easier to sift through the reports. I swear if you've played Ranked for a while and then you switch over to Unranked, its mildly shocking to find that way more people afk and ragequit in Ranked compared to the casual queue.

Baffling design to make the casual queue sweatier than the competitive queue.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Yeah, its something at least, but it isn't going to stop all AFKers, especially people who do it on purpose for the sake of match manipulation.

There'd be ways around the AFK timer for people that intentionally AFK and that would also give the wintrading cartel a way to make null and void those rare losses.

The best thing they could do is to is look into idle player/match manipulation reports and identify serial AFKers to ban. Manually, if need be. It shouldn't be too hard. There isn't that many of us to begin with and they already manage PvE, making sure that entire part of the game is clean of any mean words and the occasional slur.

And move those dumb-dumb pips over to Unranked as well so there's less incentive to do these things in the competitive mode, that would make it far easier to sift through the reports. I swear if you've played Ranked for a while and then you switch over to Unranked, its mildly shocking to find that way more people afk and ragequit in Ranked compared to the casual queue.

Baffling design to make the casual queue sweatier than the competitive queue.

afk wintraders are the least of our problems, honestly right now i dont give a kitten about the top of the ladder, but the bottom is rather problematic, i've seen enough complaints and had a new account myself to know the new player experience is awful, ppl will just afk for literally any reason and that's gonna be at least 50% of a new account experience games, which makes the new players we need to keep playing just quit, cuz they get the same afker so many times that they can figure out those ppl are not getting banned

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

afk wintraders are the least of our problems, honestly right now i dont give a kitten about the top of the ladder, but the bottom is rather problematic, i've seen enough complaints and had a new account myself to know the new player experience is awful, ppl will just afk for literally any reason and that's gonna be at least 50% of a new account experience games, which makes the new players we need to keep playing just quit, cuz they get the same afker so many times that they can figure out those ppl are not getting banned

Without a doubt

We've all been here for some time, we're used to it to some extent, but the strong majority of people are going to look at that clown fiesta and nope out pretty quick.