Specter needs an animation pass.

Artyport.2084

first of all.. idk how this got out of beta..

second of all it looks ridiculous with you are weilding a pistol as an offhand.. 

The pistol has two very accurate shots to make and a gunpowder bomb.. (which what are we doing shooting smoke out of a gun)

so you swining the darn scepter like a mad man while weilding a precision weapon is absolutely nuts.

give it a more sharp angular pistol like arm thrust..

actually PLEASSE use the rapier animation from Mai Trin..

So we are shooting out magic as if we would be using a rapier.. the bolts just push out of the thrust. 

Makes much more sense..

• Like 6

Don't know about doing an animation pass for the entire spec, but a few things could use a more unique animation.
Shadow Sap (beating a dead horse, I know) still uses one of the AA animations, and the effect is mostly the same as that, just bigger size.
Shroud 1 is just basic necro shroud 1, with the visual effect looking worse than what it's based on. At least in my personal opinion. It should have its own unique animation and better fx.
Twilight Combo, while mostly ok, is still way too broken to remain in its current implementation.
That's about it, off the top of my head.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vismooth.4128 said:

Don't know about doing an animation pass for the entire spec, but a few things could use a more unique animation.
Shadow Sap (beating a dead horse, I know) still uses one of the AA animations, and the effect is mostly the same as that, just bigger size.
Shroud 1 is just basic necro shroud 1, with the visual effect looking worse than what it's based on. At least in my personal opinion. It should have its own unique animation and better fx.
Twilight Combo, while mostly ok, is still way too broken to remain in its current implementation.
That's about it, off the top of my head.

Necro Shrouds also get to use legendary weapon effects on their projectiles while ours doesn't. :<

• Like 1

My feedback on Thief shroud is that it looks either too similar to Necro animations, or too... pugilistic? Like, there are a couple animations that I've been noticing, not limited to shroud, that look more like an old-timey boxing match than a skilled ninja person. I'd love the Thief Shroud animations to be more Matrix / Wuxia / kung fu. Maybe some hand Mudras. 

I like the scepter animations. Someone said its just lifted from Warrior? I dunno, I dig it. 

since we are speaking on the visuals of specter, how about re-working the look of the wells so that they don't block enemy AoEs entirely from view?
could just use a different texture, maybe a magic circle with some symbols glowing in purple instead of the solid purple circle we currently get?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 11:28 PM, Artyport.2084 said:

first of all.. idk how this got out of beta..

second of all it looks ridiculous with you are weilding a pistol as an offhand.. 

The pistol has two very accurate shots to make and a gunpowder bomb.. (which what are we doing shooting smoke out of a gun)

so you swining the darn scepter like a mad man while weilding a precision weapon is absolutely nuts.

give it a more sharp angular pistol like arm thrust..

actually PLEASSE use the rapier animation from Mai Trin..

So we are shooting out magic as if we would be using a rapier.. the bolts just push out of the thrust. 

Makes much more sense..

Lol skill 3 is bugged on my specter for scepter/pistol. It has the wand levitating out from my character when I press the long cast on a ally.

A) One has to wonder why, oh WHY is this a thief elite; and

B) The 3 less initiative from the get go, change of "lead"/front guy and the recycling of animations should all be indicators of the quiet quitting going on behind the scenes.

Edited by Bern.9613