Corpse exploitation, otherwise known as 'necromancy'.

Dib.4612

Any chance we'll ever get to do necromancy as a necromancer? Corpse exploitation was a big thing in the first guild wars game. I find the way GW2 treats minions quite lame, where you just summon a certain form out of the soil.

Surely there's a fun way to do corpse exploitation in this game without breaking it. Perhaps raising actual models, like Palawa Joko did in Season 4 with the Inquest, rather than turning them into something else like in GW1. 

And then each type of mob comes with its own controllable skills. And you can maybe keep one undead in your control who then has three different abilities like pets. 

Or maybe each mob type only has one skill and you can keep up to three undeads in your control. 

• Like 2

I loved the corpse skills in GW1 and minion mancer was awesome there. Problem is, to do that, it would likely be massively taxing on the servers. Don't forget that in GW1 there was no real open world, just instances, which makes it easier to program corpses to remain. And if I remember right, even in GW1 the corpses eventually disappear after a while (though I could be wrong). 

• Thanks 1

Like zef and methuselah well said, corpse exploitation already exist in a few form but is limited due to server capacity.

To put it simply, the "when you kill a foe" effects are the main form of corpse exploitation that you'll see in this game in order to avoid overcharging the servers with the unnecessary data load that corpse remnant would create.

The necromancer have an inate corpse exploitation effect (LF on nearby death), a few traits that exploit corpse (soul comprehension/death nova) and some of the minion's active skills to bring back the flavor you're seeking.

Warrior (vengeance), Thief (signet of power/renewing gaze) and Guardian (renewed justice) can also be said to have these kind of effects.

You've got a bunch of sigils, runeset and food that also trigger those kind of effects.

All in all that's probably the most this game will ever offer you in this aspect.

What I like about this idea is that it opens the door for minion-related skills to cost Life Force. Unfortunately I don't have much else to contribute, other than that it would be really cool if they could find an alternative way to spend Life Force by raising minions.

• Like 1