Questing experience needs to be fixed / improved - Searching for an NPC

RagiNagi.1802

Hi,

I don't want to turn into a bitter old player, but my experience this morning is really making me into one.

I have had this item called Refugee's Sword Belt in my pocket for a while now. Its a dumb item that apparently has a quest attached to it. The description is as follows: "This sturdy sword belt has notches carved into its leather to track kills. A refugee in the Black Citadel might want it back. "

Ive been running around Black Citadel the whole morning searching for this refugee. After 30 mins or so I went to wiki. According to wiki it belongs to Refugee Lawta - ok cool. Where is she? Again with help of wiki searching around the Black Citadel. Note Wiki, has shown that the location is behind Bane Waypoint, wiki says that Lawta is located at Perimeter Loop. So im running around the place and I cant find her. .. Then on wiki I notice that after some quest she might be at North Nolan Hatchery ?? Wth. Where is she?

After running around the Citadel and Hatchery for good hour i haven't found her. Why cant game give any pointers? No NPC i talked to knows of this Sword Belt, noone can give any pointers. Why, why do I have to resort to wiki which cant even direct me to this darn quest NPC that probably gives me 1 AP for finding her..

I am not asking for a map marker. But some more specific in game description on what should I be looking for. Maybe other NPC's pointing to her. Its just a goose chase at this point.

Questing experience in this game is deffo 3/10.

Hoping to find Lawta soon.. 😄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I remember growing up on Gothic 1, 2 and 3 for RPGs. Man in the middle of a field: "I shot a deer with a magic arrow last week, but it didn't die. It ran off with my irreplaceable magic arrow still inside it. Please, if you ever find that deer, kill it and bring the arrow back to me."

RPG players now: "why quest not solve itself "

Edited by Elricht Kaltwind.8796
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

I remember growing up on Gothic 1, 2 and 3 for RPGs. Man in the middle of a field: "I shot a deer with a magic arrow last week, but it didn't die. It ran off with my irreplaceable magic arrow still inside it. Please, if you ever find that deer, kill it and bring the arrow back to me."

RPG players now: "why quest not solve itself "

haha. good one. I might be as old as you and have went trough all these awesome games. And I really don't mind the vague description. But there is a difference between a Single Player RPG and MMO.

Why in a modern game you can't have a pointer that the darn story needs to be active in order to find the npc. In GW2 where storage space costs real money and these items just take space. Any tip would be appreciated for these quests and items without collections or any sort of quest log. Instead you are pretty much forced to use wiki to the max.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, RagiNagi.1802 said:

haha. good one. I might be as old as you and have went trough all these awesome games. And I really don't mind the vague description. But there is a difference between a Single Player RPG and MMO.

Why in a modern game you can't have a pointer that the darn story needs to be active in order to find the npc. In GW2 where storage space costs real money and these items just take space. Any tip would be appreciated for these quests and items without collections or any sort of quest log. Instead you are pretty much forced to use wiki to the max.

Well it is a story achievement pretty no brain that you have to be on said story

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Heya, if you go to This page on the Belt you will find this:

Players retrieve these sword belts in specific locations marked by a Dirt-Covered Object in Diessa Plateau as part of Lost and Found. Player must give it to Refugee Lawta in the Black Citadel, which contributes to Lost and Found.

Click the Lost and Found link to see it’s an achievement from LWS1.  There also appeared to be a full walkthrough as well on that page. 

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RagiNagi.1802 said:

Questing experience in this game is deffo 3/10.

Hoping to find Lawta soon.. 😄

Often, the item descriptions can be too vague. Wiki is certainly the go-to for any info but sometimes, you do have to know the correct keywords. And quite frequently, will be going from link to link to locate the required info. Having better tooltips or NPC to answer or direct you for Quests will certainly help a lot. There should always be a logical path leading to the end for all quests without having to consult Wiki all the time.

In addition, Quest NPCs should be marked more clearly either by a Quest Icon or a different color name.

Although I had managed to get all the info I needed for all my quests, like so many, had been stumped on more than a few occasions.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/29/2022 at 9:52 AM, mercury ranique.2170 said:

From the wiki:

Note: The refugees appear only when the Flame and Frost episode is active.

Black Citadel Refugee Camp - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Lawta should be at this refugee camp if she is still looking for her sword. So if the camp is missing, you likely dont have the flame and frost episode active. 

Did you check this? Cause it's the answer.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/30/2022 at 1:38 AM, Silent.6137 said:

Often, the item descriptions can be too vague. Wiki is certainly the go-to for any info but sometimes, you do have to know the correct keywords. And quite frequently, will be going from link to link to locate the required info. Having better tooltips or NPC to answer or direct you for Quests will certainly help a lot. There should always be a logical path leading to the end for all quests without having to consult Wiki all the time.

In addition, Quest NPCs should be marked more clearly either by a Quest Icon or a different color name.

Although I had managed to get all the info I needed for all my quests, like so many, had been stumped on more than a few occasions.

Thanks!

It is a bit frustrating to run around the whole place searching, only to realize that the quest is active only once a certain story is active.

Anywho, moving on to the next weird quest item.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1