No goldfish?

Succoon.4302

Hello, 

did anyone catch goldfish lately or am i just unlucky? No idea how i didnt catch any in like 40 hours of fishing, since it should be everywhere and its trash rarity. 

Right now im trying to farm it in Kessex hills and i got like 10 silverfish and 2 red herrings (both are world class witout rarity). 

I refuse to belive i lost 1/3 chance more like 12 time xd

Edit: Nevermind, i guess i was just unlucky xd. Crying about not getting fish works everytime.

Still i find it strange that i got 10+ of both silverfish and red herring during all those hours, but just one goldfish.

Edited by Succoon.4302

Just unlucky, I'm afraid. I've caught an embarrassing amount of fish since they added the feature, but I've only caught 12 goldfish the entire time. So yes, you really can catch them, it's just that the chances of getting them compared to the other things in the loot table are unpredictable.

Best of luck next time you try, pal. 🎣

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

goldfish do indeed drop... had one yesterday, but I am done all the fishing achievs so I dont really pay attention too much to what I get anymore.    If it's the last one you need for a collection, I recall there being a few last ones I needed for collections that took me days to catch (I almost assume this was designed to not drop until you hit xx amount of hours fishing etc)  Just keep at it, you will get them all eventually.   RNG can be a real pain when it comes to some fish

7 hours ago, firedragon.8953 said:

I got 1 goldfish. Surprised (and thought it amusing) it is sold for 1g at a vendor.
Was this a new thing they added?

Nope; they came out at the same time as the fishing feature.

However, if you liked the goldfish, also keep an eye out for the Red Herring (A distraction fish that sells for next to nothing) and the Silverfish (Sells for 1s).

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2022 at 5:40 PM, Jukhy.2431 said:

When I had trouble catching the fish needed I logged in with another toon and often caught it quite fast. Ended up rotating between three toons to finish the achies. My conclusion: the RNG works in mysterious ways.

The tip to switch characters was worth its weight in gold!

https://i.imgur.com/ag4ojUh.png

My first Goldfish!!!

Edited by Hecksler Der Henker.9280
  • Like 2