What do you think of this core warrior build

thaniretouni.4762

I guess there are others who have thought of this before and probably have tried it. I also know that some of the skills core to the build will probably be irrelevant with the October's 4th patch.

The build

Its a decent dmg, full passive hp regen core warrior build. Adrenal health, heals on shouts, might makes right, food, healing signet. Its mostly for trolling but could work sometimes, what do u think?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If the build is for running around Open world, that much healing is not worth it, If it is for solowing  Hard Open world stuff there just way better builds with elite specs. Then again I might not be the perfect person for judging how much sustain people need since I run around on Berserker with only Blood Reckoning as sustain.

For October 4th I think something like this will be good all rounder for running around on core, there is also plenty of variation with traits and skills that people will be able to personalise since the patch really opens up how you can play the game on warrior. I think it will work fine enough even now.

2 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

If the build is for running around Open world, that much healing is not worth it, If it is for solowing  Hard Open world stuff there just way better builds with elite specs. Then again I might not be the perfect person for judging how much sustain people need since I run around on Berserker with only Blood Reckoning as sustain.

For October 4th I think something like this will be good all rounder for running around on core, there is also plenty of variation with traits and skills that people will be able to personalise since the patch really opens up how you can play the game on warrior. I think it will work fine enough even now.

sorry, forgot to mention is for wvw; hence the trolling part

I would change Shield Mastery to Cull of the Weak. New CotW is going to be pretty good and provide a decent amount of mitigation, plus a 7% multiplier. 

Since you are running peak performance, I would run Mending as the heal. It just outperforms healing signet all around. 

Depending on how it plays/if you feel you are over sustaining, you could swap MMR for the new Strength trait giving quickness and movement speed. It will help you secure damage better. That’s really up whether you feel you can give up the sustain though, no right choice between those two traits imo. Both are great. 

5 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I would change Shield Mastery to Cull of the Weak. New CotW is going to be pretty good and provide a decent amount of mitigation, plus a 7% multiplier. 

Since you are running peak performance, I would run Mending as the heal. It just outperforms healing signet all around. 

Depending on how it plays/if you feel you are over sustaining, you could swap MMR for the new Strength trait giving quickness and movement speed. It will help you secure damage better. That’s really up whether you feel you can give up the sustain though, no right choice between those two traits imo. Both are great. 

i know but i wanted max healing over time not a trully good build. also i didnt account for the 4th's patch but for right now

3 hours ago, thaniretouni.4762 said:

i know but i wanted max healing over time not a trully good build. also i didnt account for the 4th's patch but for right now

Ah, I did not read correctly, my apologies. You said October 4th will make it irrelevant. I thought you said it’s your build for after October 4th, lmao. Right now, yes, Shield Mastery is much better than CotW.

However, if you want MAXIMUM health per tick, dogged March gives you regen, which you do not currently have. Then you can change durability runes to dollar dolyak runes for their passive tick. That’s if you really just want absolute maximum passive regen though, idk how well it would work XD. 

Edited by oscuro.9720
Words

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Ah, I did not read correctly, my apologies. You said October 4th will make it irrelevant. I thought you said it’s your build for after October 4th, lmao. Right now, yes, Shield Mastery is much better than CotW.

However, if you want MAXIMUM health per tick, dogged March gives you regen, which you do not currently have. Then you can change durability runes to dollar runes for their passive tick. That’s if you really just want absolute maximum passive regen though, idk how well it would work XD. 

@oscuro.9720  meant "Dolyak" runes. Autocorrect got 'em good~

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Aristocracy gives you 5 might when you inflict weakness on a target. Really great effect on warrior due to all the might synergies. You can opt to run something else like Pack Runes or Firework Runes.

y these might work better as u only have two weakness applications and one of them is applied oy when enemy is half hp and below. also without might makes right might is not as strong

49 minutes ago, thaniretouni.4762 said:

y these might work better as u only have two weakness applications and one of them is applied oy when enemy is half hp and below. also without might makes right might is not as strong

After the patch, the weakness will be applied on burst skill use. The 50% requirement will be removed. That will give you consistent access to weakness, and a consistent way to generate might as well.

Though I’m partial to eagle runes post patch, because I really like damage. 

Edited by oscuro.9720

1 hour ago, thaniretouni.4762 said:

What Oscuro said. You could do Signet of Rage -> burst skill and have 25 might. Swapping FGJ out of OMM would be better then as you would have 25 might already, and then several vuln stacks to work with.

It is on a condi set though, so it's up to you if it is worth it. It is still a useful rune set to keep around even on a power warrior.