The bandwagon problem. These links are going to be garbo

jul.7602

10 hours ago, Ubi.4136 said:

Oh, look.  OP is on and so is his tag watching alt.  F'ing sad dude.

Yeah our squad just left him and WPed as soon as he showed up each time. Wouldn't give him what he wanted.  Amazingly his computer supposedly "shut down" about 30 minutes later and he stayed logged off. Lol was hilarious 😂 

10 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol. orly? Um,  yeah they were on SBI and recruited some but...no they didn't really change the base of SBI. The guilds that were there before were the same that were there after. On SoR I saw what you meant back when SoR was in T1 and their entrance and exit was nothing like that. Sorry but can't support any ideas that a guild came in and drained SBI during that transition. No we have been bleeding people over time but one guild is not to blame, its more like natural game decay with stale changes to the game mode.

Actually I knew at least a dozen players who left SBI to follow Indo when he left the server (I played on SBI for almost 10 years before transferring off myself a month or so ago). Some transferred off directly, others created alt accounts to follow him (but then stopped playing their SBI accounts). And I'm sure there were plenty of others who followed that I didn't know. Indo may not take the best players or the long-time core players, but he does attract a lot of the active players, and that's bad enough. And I would say he certainly leaves servers in a worse position than they were when he first arrived.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Evenge.4067 said:

Yeah our squad just left him and WPed as soon as he showed up each time. Wouldn't give him what he wanted.  Amazingly his computer supposedly "shut down" about 30 minutes later and he stayed logged off. Lol was hilarious 😂 

/applauds you and your squad

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 2

On 10/2/2022 at 6:12 AM, Ronin.4501 said:

You can simply refer to him by his nickname, Destroyer of Servers. Sadly it looks like IoJ will eventually suffer the same fate as SBI and DR (SoS will likely escape the destruction due to their SEA population).

I'd not heard the nickname before, but it's apt. I'm on a server pairing facing him this week. My preference is to starve him and his guild of bags.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:04 AM, Xenesis.6389 said:

They should just stop with links until alliances.

Pick 12 host, pick 12 links, put them together for one last time, lasting until alliances.

Flat 2000 transfer fee, no more different price per level, until full.

Just stop with the server mixing every relink because it's a kitten joke and does nothing for balance anyways at this point, and they're just encouraging more destruction of communities whatever is left of it.

Like seriously, why even try to balance servers now when alliances is being worked on? for what purpose? winning means nothing, being the winner of t1 means nothing, we're just here to be entertained until the new system is finished.

What is a link?  What is balancing?   I heard Anet has an equation dependent upon WvW rank.  I personally don't know what it is, like a Plat is worth 2, Mith 3, and a Diamond 4?  <-- When allowing people on a borderland.  Compared to a plain raider... etc.. is one.  

We are constantly map queued with 30 on a borderland and are facing 50 to 80.    Something must be true here. 

So, you get paired up for a variety of reasons I have heard, percentages of persons on a server playing WvW or percentage of people on that server as a total number?    i.e. Playtime per server, even PVE people who don't WvW?  I heard this as well. 

Where are the Alliances?  What is Anet doing to account for all of the above as well?

I know my main guild wants to move DOWN where we are not queued all the time on NA Eastern and cannot move to any map.  We look for content mainly and not PPT first. 

I have noticed after all the pretty fair content fights have been done, the only difference between one server vs another, is how many BLOBs they can put on at a certain time when everyone else is sleeping.  Lol   It's hilarious that is taken into consideration or they should move ALL the Euro servers and NA servers together to give around the clock coverage. 

On 10/1/2022 at 9:18 AM, Riba.3271 said:

Links give people hope for better time next time.

We had good system, now all we have is hope.. It is unfortunate that links exists at all, but I guess they just weren't strong enough to press the delete button on the dead servers.

The main issue is that every 2 months there is this linking then  a server or 2 skyrocket from lowest tier to tier 1 wnning every skirmish. And another server drops from tier 1 to lowest tier. So first 3 weeks are either boring or dead and you just log out until next relinking.

I'm in SEA and when I logged on my server last week, there was literally no one online.  Except the enemy server blobs.  So for me, Why play at all?   10 people cannot fight Blobs of 50+ on SEA time 1900hrs (7pm).  Thank the stars we had re-links or the game would not be playable. 

Finally we did the link up and I have some Koreans I can run with in the SEA evening time.

Sounds like most of these previous posts are about NA clashes minus the Euro servers.  SEA time zone (Hong Kong, Singapore, Manila, E.AU, W.AU..., Japan and Korea don't have much of a chance.  How are we balancing or linking those SEA people who play?  Looks like Anet doesn't to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Confused 4

19 minutes ago, DtenCfour.3567 said:

What is a link?  What is balancing?   I heard Anet has an equation dependent upon WvW rank.  I personally don't know what it is, like a Plat is worth 2, Mith 3, and a Diamond 4?  <-- When allowing people on a borderland.  Compared to a plain raider... etc.. is one.  

We are constantly map queued with 30 on a borderland and are facing 50 to 80.    Something must be true here. 

So, you get paired up for a variety of reasons I have heard, percentages of persons on a server playing WvW or percentage of people on that server as a total number?    i.e. Playtime per server, even PVE people who don't WvW?  I heard this as well. 

Where are the Alliances?  What is Anet doing to account for all of the above as well?

I know my main guild wants to move DOWN where we are not queued all the time on NA Eastern and cannot move to any map.  We look for content mainly and not PPT first. 

I have noticed after all the pretty fair content fights have been done, the only difference between one server vs another, is how many BLOBs they can put on at a certain time when everyone else is sleeping.  Lol   It's hilarious that is taken into consideration or they should move ALL the Euro servers and NA servers together to give around the clock coverage. 

I'm in SEA and when I logged on my server last week, there was literally no one online.  Except the enemy server blobs.  So for me, Why play at all?   10 people cannot fight Blobs of 50+ on SEA time 1900hrs (7pm).  Thank the stars we had re-links or the game would not be playable. 

Finally we did the link up and I have some Koreans I can run with in the SEA evening time.

Sounds like most of these previous posts are about NA clashes minus the Euro servers.  SEA time zone (Hong Kong, Singapore, Manila, E.AU, W.AU..., Japan and Korea don't have much of a chance.  How are we balancing or linking those SEA people who play?  Looks like Anet doesn't to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you have asked so many questions, right and concrete, to which we would not be able to answer. arenanet should organize itself and make many small changes to improve the current mechanics. to improve its product in terms of balance and consequently fun for its players, so as to rebuild interest and stimulate players to do better and better for their server. it is useful in any case, it could be your parachute if alliance have any problem.

it is unintelligent to abandon everything and do nothing while waiting for the restructuring. this mode has great potential even in the long term but it needs a little love from development, and it would serve now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

I'd not heard the nickname before, but it's apt. I'm on a server pairing facing him this week. My preference is to starve him and his guild of bags.

that's why people omnibob to ppt or to fight 10 players 😛

either way they win cause they omniblob... that's how gamemode is designed to decide the winner, in which i fear Anet will put BIG aliances VS smallers or non organized aliances against each other to keep the same pace of the current and intended WvW of the big fithing the smaller ones.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 9/30/2022 at 5:46 PM, Evenge.4067 said:

You actually have some good points but can't be trusted to talk about the "wider health of the game mode" when you come from the most detrimental server for WvW.  Enjoy your favoritism and kitten. Your new link idolizes your server to play every mode destroying tactic you embrace.  Clean your own house to gain any credibility, "Mr policeman " 🙄

I was thinking this, as my link has put us against Mag this week and they held our keep and most of our towers for hours yesterday. I have nothing against people on Mag but they are a nightmare to play against. Regardless of it's it's skill or just sheer numbers, I'm not in the business of arguing the why there. But after hour 2 of trying to get our keep back, someone in my squad literally whispered me that they were going to transfer because they were sick of it (from our host server who gets stuck with Mag often, SoS). 

I don't mind a challenge but it's very discouraging where there are entire chunks of the day / week where there is just little to no hope of getting anything done. It drains all the fun out, by mid-week half the server just gives up and hopes we tank and drop to another tier to have a chance. 

On 9/30/2022 at 9:18 PM, Riba.3271 said:

Links give people hope for better time next time.

We had good system, now all we have is hope.. It is unfortunate that links exists at all, but I guess they just weren't strong enough to press the delete button on the dead servers.

The main issue is that every 2 months there is this linking then  a server or 2 skyrocket from lowest tier to tier 1 wnning every skirmish. And another server drops from tier 1 to lowest tier. So first 3 weeks are either boring or dead and you just log out until next relinking.

This has kinda been happening to all my links. I'm on NSP which has a thriving PvE community but we're pretty small on WvW. We have negligible EST coverage, and maybe 2 guilds that run regularly very late PST that I barely never see. Some of my favorite day / EST tags are from NSP but oddly they don't run with guilds most of the time (One is actually in South Asia I think so he runs during our early day / late on his). Mostly pugmanders, which I'm always grateful for but we just don't have the coverage. 

Our mid-tier host severs have sometimes gotten SUPER frustrated with us and usually assume we're just bad, but I don't think that's the case. When our pugmanders come on, kitten gets done (usually). I'm grateful to GoM because they knew it was a coverage issue, instead of insulting the players. Gonna miss those folks 

The issue I think is most NSP WvW's end up being roamers by necessity because we rarely are able to find organized groups outside of prime time, so we just got good at solo or small content, and because of that many or our pugs aren't used to being in comms / tight group play. So I understand the frustration. 

What I've noticed is we end up getting ganged up on bad. The other servers know that during most time outside of prime we are easy targets, top sever will hold our keep cause all they need is 1 organized pug of 20+ to do so, and mid server will often join in instead of attacking top server objectives. By the end of the week it's dead cause everyone has given up. 

If Anet can't control population / coverage issues then they need to put incentives / better buffs to help topple the top server in a matchup. I would love something with gradual power increase the longer a server holds top spot, or a buff if your side hasn't had held their keep / objectives in a certain amount of time. Buff siege for the losing team, or weaken it for the top team, for instance. Damage increase / decrease. Etc. Literally anything along those lines to help even the playing field so small servers or bad links / matchups don't result in people just literally giving up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DtenCfour.3567 said:

Never heard them taking actual wvw ranks into consideration, because that makes no sense, as someone with 100 ranks or 10k ranks could be putting in the same amount of hours week by week these days, the 10k only says that player has been in wvw for many years. Certainly never heard of that being used to give people priority into a map lol, are we going deep into conspiracy land with this now? They may use wxp levels, like how fast they're gained into consideration, as a tracking for activity for the population levels, the only other times they checked for rank levels was when they were sending letters for the polls to anyone above 10 levels and earned a rank that week.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Yaks-Bend/6513382

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/How-to-make-the-WvW-Poll-work-Idea/6171814

"To clarify further this is the first week we are using this new algorithm. So some of the complaints that are being brought up were problems with the old algorithm.

We use play hours to determine the size. Rank gains is tracked for comparison purposes since they usually follow a similar curve, but isn’t actually used to determine the world size.

We have simulated other algorithms to measure world size and ultimately found that player hours gave us more accurate results because we are mostly comparing active WvW play. The past algorithms weighed more heavily on individual players, so we ended up with situations where JQ was ‘Full’ because they had a lot of players, just not necessarily ones that played as much as Blackgate."

Lol   It's hilarious that is taken into consideration or they should move ALL the Euro servers and NA servers together to give around the clock coverage. 

And then we get a million posts about lag.

Can't blame anet for this, there isn't enough players for perfect round the clock coverage on 24-27 servers, even if you link na and eu servers. Plus all the players on off hours stacked on certain servers from day one ten years ago. There's a reason why SoS is OCX strong for ten years. The other big servers like BG and JQ had good ocx/sea coverage for the longest while and probably still do against many of the other smaller servers. This is also the reason why we even have skirmishes now because servers like SoS would run up scores easily. You're better off finding a guild that runs in those hours and join them.

Nothing can be done until they start sorting players at the player level, not the server level, hence world restructuring.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Transfers-Links-and-Population-Data/6664495

On 10/2/2022 at 2:31 AM, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

As TC, i want to send ET/IoJ on their way to T1 where they can have their "fights."
But, our freaking pugs ppt too hard.

It's not pugs.  It's 1 guild.  All they do, mostly, is ktrain where they know no one will be.  Which is why they didn't exist last week when we were red, cause they like to take the whole borderland raising our ppt while they get wxp fighting doors.  The same reason you don't see them all week when we face someone that actually defends, or when we are in T1.

Edited by Ubi.4136

9 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

Well to be fair that's the nickname I gave him lol. So it probably hasn't been heard outside of my guild discord or occasionally on my server's Team chat.

Edited by Ronin.4501

On 10/2/2022 at 12:39 AM, Ubi.4136 said:

Oh, look.  OP is on and so is his tag watching alt.  F'ing sad dude.

We took advantage of it by leaving him LOTS of supply traps when he came to red BL looking for bags.   Seeing a certain guild have to PvD doors due to 0 supp was FANTASTIC!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Kayowin.9217 said:

We took advantage of it by leaving him LOTS of supply traps when he came to red BL looking for bags.   Seeing a certain guild have to PvD doors due to 0 supp was FANTASTIC!

Nice. Key is if you can't bring equal numbers then the best thing against a full zerg is to havoc them. Hit them every where they are not and force them into chasing smaller groups around. Its annoying to have your objectives papered but retake soon after they take, slowly weed out their people and hunt them as they try and get back to their zerg.

I might regret this down the road but that is why I am for week end rewards. If there is more reason to win a match up there might be more reasons for people to break into smaller groups. Loving this reset so far since have been running into all three styles of fights from zerg/zerg, to havoc on havoc and plenty of roamers. Will hope that the week holds out for more of the same from the weekend but its been a good time so far. 

8 hours ago, DtenCfour.3567 said:

No as Xen pointed out, getting into borderland is first come first serve. He is right you might have gotten a bit about Alliance calculations mixed in there and even then its different. I would watch for more of that info as we get close to the sixth beta in a few weeks. But no queue up and you are in the list to get in.

43 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Loving this reset so far since have been running into all three styles of fights from zerg/zerg, to havoc on havoc and plenty of roamers. Will hope that the week holds out for more of the same from the weekend but its been a good time so far. 

Lucky for you Grimm, T2 T3 seem to be good tiers to be in for everything. T4 has coverage gaps sometimes, and T1 is kinda worse than T4. Like seriously Mag managed to destroy the blob tier by just blobbing ebg, making everyone run away from them off maps and down tiers lol. Now my main is linked with SoS, ded eu/na, and my alt is linked with Mag, I can't get away from T1 lmao. Ran into a mag group and the first thing my allies did was turn tail and left me to die, which set the tone on what to expect from SoS. 😑 Oh well, slugged it through yesterday to finally complete my last legendary wvw piece on my main account, time to take a two month break I guess. 😔

Edited by Xenesis.6389

35 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Ran into a mag group and the first thing my allies did was turn tail and left me to die, which set the tone on what to expect from SoS. 😑 Oh well, slugged it through yesterday to finally complete my last legendary wvw piece on my main account, time to take a two month break I guess. 😔

Ouch! Yeah know that one too well. But I also over extend so I guess its karma telling me hi. Gratz on the last piece of gear! I wasn't expecting the armory +10 to that concept due to the extra value it added after working through some of the leggo gear requirements. Now need to craft more weapons. 

7 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Ouch! Yeah know that one too well. But I also over extend so I guess its karma telling me hi. Gratz on the last piece of gear! I wasn't expecting the armory +10 to that concept due to the extra value it added after working through some of the leggo gear requirements. Now need to craft more weapons. 

Thanks, yeah the legendary account wide armory is pretty nice, clears up so much space. Weapons would be the next thing to pursue, but, pve... along with the accessories and amulet, that would be extremely mentally draining to do, not to mention pocket draining, over 1k gold on that last set. Can only hope they add the accessories and amulet to wvw rewards some time soon.... yeah who am I kidding... 😑

Indo Gets farmed on anything that's even numbers - it's why he ran from SoS, he couldn't reign in the pugs there to omni blob with him effectively so he's basically leeched what he could and moved on. We've seen it time and time again - once you get an effective fighting force vs him he's easy to handle

On 10/3/2022 at 1:14 PM, Ubi.4136 said:

It's not pugs.  It's 1 guild.  All they do, mostly, is ktrain where they know no one will be.  Which is why they didn't exist last week when we were red, cause they like to take the whole borderland raising our ppt while they get wxp fighting doors.  The same reason you don't see them all week when we face someone that actually defends, or when we are in T1.

Is it WL?