New Season, Very low Player count

Mell.4873

I guess we are only just coming out of placement matches but still it does seem like pool of players in Conquest dropped even further.
The top 250 player now fall under mid Gold @_@(US).

To be in the elite top 1% of the PvP player base you only have to be Gold 2 now.

Edited by Mell.4873

• Mell.4873 changed the title to New Season, Very low Player count

Yeah, the plat population suffers the most when the game is nothing but cheating at the top and pip-farming below that.

Ban the wintraders, remove or split DuoQ, remove class-swapping, and add pips to Unranked and then maybe; just maybe, that will reignite some competitive interest and bring back some of the former plat players that haven't yet been stolen by Wizard 101.

• Like 3

Think that's their plan. More people avoid this game mode, less updates it requires. 

You can't really take pvp seriously in a game where bugs are ignored/third party hacks/real money title trading systems exist, especially when they do total reworks to classes during the middle of an ongoing season. And that's what.. bi-yearly? lol

I hope it continues to drop until the only ones left are the title traders. Have fun twitch streaming the same match-ups day in and day out with no viewership because you're the only ones invested in the game mode. hahahahaha

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

Think that's their plan. More people avoid this game mode, less updates it requires. 

You can't really take pvp seriously in a game where bugs are ignored/third party hacks/real money title trading systems exist, especially when they do total reworks to classes during the middle of an ongoing season. And that's what.. bi-yearly? lol

I hope it continues to drop until the only ones left are the title traders. Have fun twitch streaming the same match-ups day in and day out with no viewership because you're the only ones invested in the game mode. hahahahaha

Yup. Exactly.

And yes, I WILL laugh when win-traders are the only ones left. They'll be in the same lot as crypto, NFT pushers.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

The story is garbage too, and PVE isn't booming.

• Haha 2

People avoid placements when rating margins are still low at start of season. They like to wait a week or two before doing any placements so they can avoid getting a 9 wins and 1 loss finish that somehow only places you in top g3.

Thing is, the more people who wait to queue like that, the lower the rating margins get from less people participating, which makes even more people want to wait to queue. It's an exponential snowball effect.

This is why population feels so low lately at the start of seasons.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I guess we are only just coming out of placement matches but still it does seem like pool of players in Conquest dropped even further.

To be in the elite top 1% of the PvP player base you only have to be Gold 2 now.

(snicker)...(snort)...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Assuming that this trend continues, does this mean that so-called "elite" players could theoretically drop all the way to freakin' silver thus making silver the "new platinum"? If so, then L - O - L. That means that players cannot even climb anymore, (new, veteran, "pro" doesn't even matter) thus rendering the entire ranked pvp ladder absolutely POINTLESS. Might as well just shut down pvp right there. Boom. Done. That's all folks! (Looney Tunes end jingle - ta - dah - tatata - dahdah - daaaah! ♫)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

People avoid placements when rating margins are still low at start of season. They like to wait a week or two before doing any placements so they can avoid getting a 9 wins and 1 loss finish that somehow only places you in top g3.

Thing is, the more people who wait to queue like that, the lower the rating margins get from less people participating, which makes even more people want to wait to queue. It's an exponential snowball effect.

This is why population feels so low lately at the start of seasons.

Oh I Won 7 and lost 3 and got into gold 3. I don't think placements do much, I lost all my 3v3 placements and I still ended up in gold 1.

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

(snicker)...(snort)...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Assuming that this trend continues, does this mean that so-called "elite" players could theoretically drop all the way to freakin' silver thus making silver the "new platinum"? If so, then L - O - L. That means that players cannot even climb anymore, (new, veteran, "pro" doesn't even matter) thus rendering the entire ranked pvp ladder absolutely POINTLESS. Might as well just shut down pvp right there. Boom. Done. That's all folks! (Looney Tunes end jingle - ta - dah - tatata - dahdah - daaaah! ♫)

I mean this is already the case only the top 50 players are in platinum and 1 in legend (last season) 

7 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Its okay anet has tons of new amulets, sigils, runes, maps, and modes in the works! Just look at how much pvp has been talked about by devs outside of patch notes since a few months before eod launch

/s ...pvp has not been mentioned IN ANY WAY aside from patch notes in about a year now, Im not joking