What you want to see for November patch

felix.2386

Because the oct patch is far from being a complete patch for warrior

specially with the new dragonscale defense change, makes all DT apply protection, even when there's one GM specifically apply protection already, and another GM is made to reset dragonscale defense, which also is for protection.

definitely falling into pieces with this one

and the defense trait change, it's not fixing any problem, more like setting an actual foundation, because the old defense line is completely scraps

and the berserker change, it's just reversing every single error they did to make berserker completely unplayable in pvp.

just like they did with giving that distortion back to chrono. this long list is basically every single things they removed from berserker in the name of trade off

core burst, wild blow ignore blind, instant berserk, no - toughness, adrenaline on rage skill

the entire patch feels like mistake reversing and foundation setting

the entire warrior class still feels very out dated, including spellbreaker

and bladesworn? it's just an incomplete class that's not playable anymore due to bugs fixed

i also wonder what CMC will do with 4 specs(3 elite spec+core) that basically does the same thing in pvp

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hammer 1 chain end attack "Hammer Smash" inflicting a 2 second blind. Competitive damage split reversed.

Backbreaker cast time reduced to 3/4 second (Damaged added back to the skill, one can dream!)

Brave Stride 1 second CD in all modes of gameplay.

Last Blaze trait to include Primal Burst Skills.

1-Hand Sword changes to make it useful. Skill 1 chain increased damage, leap range 900 inflicts cripple and immobilize, Final Thrust competitive damage split reversed. Flurry reworked into a decent damage hit that refreshes active conditions to their originally applied duration on the target (single target skill only) 

Decapitate animation sped up and aftercast reduced.

Fear Me skill updated.  Add 10 stacks of vulnerability for 6 seconds, fear duration locked at 3 seconds regardless of range.

Rifle 1 damage buffed.

Rifle 3 is changed to a pull.

On My Mark add 2 second Taunt effect. 

Complete Arms trait line changes

Signet Mastery buff not being removed when we mount up kitten!

Signets to work while on CD as per Guardian trait (This can be an Arms Grandmaster trait with the redo of Arms)

Healing Signet activation applies Resolution and Resistance.

Edited by Kraav.8136

4 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

Because the oct patch is far from being a complete patch for warrior

specially with the new dragonscale defense change, makes all DT apply protection, even when there's one GM specifically apply protection already, and another GM is made to reset dragonscale defense, which also is for protection.

definitely falling into pieces with this one

and the defense trait change, it's not fixing any problem, more like setting an actual foundation, because the old defense line is completely scraps

and the berserker change, it's just reversing every single error they did to make berserker completely unplayable in pvp.

just like they did with giving that distortion back to chrono. this long list is basically every single things they removed from berserker in the name of trade off

core burst, wild blow ignore blind, instant berserk, no - toughness, adrenaline on rage skill

the entire patch feels like mistake reversing and foundation setting

the entire warrior class still feels very out dated, including spellbreaker

and bladesworn? it's just an incomplete class that's not playable anymore due to bugs fixed

i also wonder what CMC will do with 4 specs(3 elite spec+core) that basically does the same thing in pvp

If the October Patch was very clearly defined as a PvP focused patch with some minor PvE hotfixes, it stands to reason that a patch literally a month after it would be the opposite as a PvE focused patch with some minor PvP hotfixes. I wouldn't get my hopes up about more huge reworks to PvP Warrior the way the Oct 4 patch is going to be.

I think it'd be more productive to think about PvE focused, functionality changes that would impact PvP Warrior. Personally, I'm hoping for some revamps to Support Warrior in all game modes (since they effectively just brutalized the team support elements of Bladesworn with the TR nerf) to focus around Burst skills and Might generation instead.

IMO Vigorous Shouts is a really toxic trait design in it's current space as the centerpiece of any support Warrior concept, effectively locking all your utility slots as the major source of your healing at the same time as effectively denying the Warrior from using the Shouts as they were originally intended for - most of them are proactive Buffs/Debuffs when Healing is inherently Reactive and to be saved for when needed. Now that this trait is probably no longer central to the meta Warrior PvP builds, it seems like a good time to work on changing it. 

Other than that, I would hope for some updates to Rifle and Physical skills just like how they did Banners: 

Or work on how they made PvE Bladesworn essentially has an Elementalist-tier rotation with the Dragonspike Mine change causing pretty much nobody to want to play it despite it having the highest Benchmark in the game (at 1.85% play rate, compared to Weaver at 1.11% and god forbid mech at 33%): 

OR work on de-emphasizing Banner Quickness and buffing the alternative Quickness access Warrior in Martial Cadence and Warhorn so you dont get this situation where the Banner effects are actually irrelevant because you have to spam them off CD to upkeep quickness: 

Edited by Jzaku.9765

5 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

If the October Patch was very clearly defined as a PvP focused patch with some minor PvE hotfixes, it stands to reason that a patch literally a month after it would be the opposite as a PvE focused patch with some minor PvP hotfixes. I wouldn't get my hopes up about more huge reworks to PvP Warrior the way the Oct 4 patch is going to be.

I think it'd be more productive to think about PvE focused, functionality changes that would impact PvP Warrior. Personally, I'm hoping for some revamps to Support Warrior in all game modes (since they effectively just brutalized the team support elements of Bladesworn with the TR nerf) to focus around Burst skills and Might generation instead.

IMO Vigorous Shouts is a really toxic trait design in it's current space as the centerpiece of any support Warrior concept, effectively locking all your utility slots as the major source of your healing at the same time as effectively denying the Warrior from using the Shouts as they were originally intended for - most of them are proactive Buffs/Debuffs when Healing is inherently Reactive and to be saved for when needed. Now that this trait is probably no longer central to the meta Warrior PvP builds, it seems like a good time to work on changing it. 

Other than that, I would hope for some updates to Rifle and Physical skills just like how they did Banners: 

Or work on how they made PvE Bladesworn essentially has an Elementalist-tier rotation with the Dragonspike Mine change causing pretty much nobody to want to play it despite it having the highest Benchmark in the game (at 1.85% play rate, compared to Weaver at 1.11% and god forbid mech at 33%): 

OR work on de-emphasizing Banner Quickness and buffing the alternative Quickness access Warrior in Martial Cadence and Warhorn so you dont get this situation where the Banner effects are actually irrelevant because you have to spam them off CD to upkeep quickness: 

the pve focused patch was august lol

• Confused 1

In order of importance:

1) Rework the Sword

2) Rework the Mace

3) Rework Arms

4) Add an evade frame on Staggering Blow.  Maybe give it 2 charges

5) Some serious reworks/buffs to Bladesworn.  Deserves a whole thread of its own, but a few highlights: 
-Decrease DT CD

-Change DT trait interactions so BS can more easily benefit Berserker's Power and Adrenal Healing (e.g., 0-2 charges = T1, 3-5 charges =T2, 6+ charges = T3)

-improve gunsaber skills (e.g., add evade to cyclone trigger, increase dmg of blooming fire, let breakstep cleanse immobilize)

some things i'd appreciate to see in the nov update. 

- weapons

damage increase everywhere. warrior has some of the most terrible coefficients and output in class comparison, specially for being a melee locked class.

fix or rework of outdated and underperforming weapon skills. hundred blades and flurry at the top of the list.

- arms

power focused line needs to be on par with other classes in terms of reaching crit cap.

minor traits need to be universally effective traits for both power and condi, could swap traits around to achieve this.

- discipline

make fast hands a default warrior feature/identity?

or.. and i can't believe i'm saying this, but if fast hands is truly restricting them as i've read some have claimed over the years, they could get rid of it entirely and just push out new and more cohesive design, because as it is, they're so restricted in what they give warrior, and so heavy handed in what they take or break, to the point the restrictions have already defined warrior design.

- personal want 😎

remove adrenaline decay out of combat, like shroud.

let warrior regenerate adrenaline by default.

i'd like to say at the end of the day, i'm good with whatever they push out, even if its not exactly what we want, as long as its good and sensible. don't lose faith. 🙏 🤞

Let's Go!! 💪🔥

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

As always, really solid ideas and suggestions in such a thread.

For myself, I just want Warrior to once again be a class I'm regularly logging in on. But, at least for me, the banner rework not including some way of mounting said banners on the players back and making them truly mobile, was a huge buzzkill. I mean, Scrappers raised hell,  and managed to get gyros reverted back to following the caster in pretty much no time. However, Warriors have been suggesting, theorizing, and shouting to the gods about a banner rework for friggin' years ... and banners are still stationary, and outside of Tactics I doubt I'd run any - and that's just me thinking for OW PvE!

Sigh ... sorry for the mini rant, but knowing I'll likely continue playing Untamed and Reaper to satisfy my Warrior cravings is irking me fiercely.

• Thanks 1

To be perfectly honest, more than just additional changes to Warrior to improve things on it what I really want to see, what I hope to see, is further retraction of the "trade off" stuff as well as continuing on their trend of removing CD Reduction from traits. We really don't want to get stuck in another situation where ANet does something to some classes and then doesn't fully commit to it for all the rest. This happened with the initial implementation of the trade offs, which is a part of what lead to Warrior getting so abysmally shafted for the longest time because practically everything else was not adjusted in a similar fashion.

We literally never saw the Firebrand trade-offs happen, or Druid, or Herald, or Tempest, and so many others. They stopped part way through. So if they are going to do this removal of CD Reduction, they need to fully commit to it. With everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

For November I want an Arms and Discipline rework to further lay the foundation of building Warrior back up. Once that happens then I think we can have a better discussion on how to build off of that foundation, or see if that new foundation is itself good enough.

Do you think they will touch core warrior though? seems unlikely. I know for 4th october warrior get the most spotlight for the patch but... I am not sure that will last long.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

Do you think they will touch core warrior though? seems unlikely. I know for 4th october warrior get the most spotlight for the patch but... I am not sure that will last long.

hopefully, because they did touch defense after all.

personally i think some of the abusive natural of warrior elite specs are limiting what they can add to core warrior

such as full counter unblockable aoe CC spam.

they really need to change stuffs like these

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

personally i think some of the abusive natural of warrior elite specs are limiting what they can add to core warrior

given what other classes can do, damage they can deal and range, i think its only fair that we have stuff like those as they do.

we'll be needing our stuff like those. problem is they broke our stuff like those while other classes kept theirs. 🤣

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Outside what has been mentioned, I'd want Anet to give a good buff to T2 and T3 bursts on Core Warrior so it cant have a bit of it's own identity and assets.

An unique effect for T3 bursts would be sweet like:

Arcing Slice: Steal some health from enemies

Earthshaker: Remove a boon from enemies

Decapitate: Convert an enemy boon

Flurry: Remove Superspeed from enemies

Skullcrack: Apply immobilize on your enemy

Killshot: Increase damage to enemies further away from you (+5% per 500 units)

Combustive Shot: Cripple enemies

That all on top of an improved coeff on T3 bursts and better effects (boon durations for example).

• Like 1

if they take a look at weapons, i'd like to see them address their niches.

like, change offhand sword so it's an appealing alternative to torch or shield for condi in pvp, since it likely won't ever be a pve competitor. war offhand sword might be the worst weapon in the game and that's disappointing, the dual sword look is cool.

same for offhand dagger vs axe, underwater weapons having almost zero condition damage (underwater fractal is pain on condi zerk), mace in both hands having much less value than it used to, MH sword doesn't do a lot, and so on

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

if they take a look at weapons, i'd like to see them address their niches.

like, change offhand sword so it's an appealing alternative to torch or shield for condi in pvp, since it likely won't ever be a pve competitor. war offhand sword might be the worst weapon in the game and that's disappointing, the dual sword look is cool.

same for offhand dagger vs axe, underwater weapons having almost zero condition damage (underwater fractal is pain on condi zerk), mace in both hands having much less value than it used to, MH sword doesn't do a lot, and so on

Harpoon Gun should get loads of bleeding and cripple and maybe some torment too tbh.

On 10/1/2022 at 10:04 PM, felix.2386 said:

So full counter will deal 0 dmg and no cc... hm so what do u suggest the core mechanic of that e-spec do? Block one attack and smile?]

All these changes are mostly for WvW, but any improvements compared to PVE should also apply there.

Change offhand sword to a more power variant. For example, sword 4 can leap towards the enemy up to 600 distance and decent velocity (maybe like sword 2). While leaping add evade frame and decent dmg and some bleed. Sword 5 can be counter the next attack and quickly slash the enemy twice for good dmg (the cc is already kinda long).

Make the shield stun animation shorter. We already probably lose the cd reduction from the trait, at least me it more likely to hit and do something.

Natural healing needs to be 3/4s to use and pump up its healing to 10k. Also, the cooldown could be 20s.

Increase the dmg of dagger 4 by at least 10% and the dmg of dagger 5 by at least 15%.

Completely revamp the Arms traitline. There are tons of suggestions in the forum I won't go into specifics.

Make the cd of soldier's focus shorter for WvW at least and make adjust might given by warrior with empower allies to gives +5 power per stack to the allies.

Increase hundrer blades dmg, decrease its animation time or completely change it.

GS autoattack could use some extra effects or boons. It's too plain atm.

Signet healing needs its passive increased by at leat 30-40 per tick and needs its active to double and also give it 1s activation time 

Update/Buff all physical skills.

Change banners activation to 1/2s.

Change endure pain to also ignore condition dmg. Why do guardians and other classes have so many evades or invuls and warrior needs to use two utility skills for a similar effect when it's a class that goes into the enemy zerg since all its dmg is mostly melee.

The list can go on and on. Warrior and imo thief have been the main victims that still bleed since the 2020 competitive split update. One can argue some of their kits have been outadated since 2015 really. For example healing signet of thief is so bad for the class. Warrior's weapons like mace are so bad. 

On 10/1/2022 at 1:04 AM, Kraav.8136 said:

Rifle 1 damage buffed.

Rifle 3 is changed to a pull.

Honestly, a faster attack rate as well for option 1. Looking at engineers, they get to put out damage and explosions like suppressing fire. I think for warriors who are tougher, a mid-range fast attack option with the rifle in the sense of a shock trooper could make sense. Especially because we'd be able to swap to an offhand bar for mitigation/sustain/etc.

My biggest wish would be Signet of Rage being reworked to something similiar to this;

Passive: Prevent adrenaline decay
Active: 10 adrenaline, 10 unblockable attacks, Attacks gain a follow-up strike for X damage that inflict 1 vulnerability for X seconds
0.5s Activation time
40s CD

Aswell as bug fixes (Arc Slice is still 130 range instead of 150) Arms rework and tools to go through the aegis/weakness/blind spamming.

Now that we got rid of the tactical reload - shout interaction, its time to massively buff up Gunsaber. Right now its a kit youre forced to pick that is so bad that you try to spend as little time in it as possible, always switching back to Axe. Thats not good. It should be a kit you want to stay in until youre out of cooldowns. Now do I expect to see it in the november patch? No. They could've done it this patch but didnt, so clearly they just have no intent to do it.