Lot of players having log in issues through Steam right now. Updated.

I am posting this so that it might get noticed faster by the ANet team. I don't have the issue myself.

There are multiple threads now on Steam with players unable to log in or being kicked out of the game.

It looks like it started happening for several players at the same time with Error code 1076 being the common issue for all involved.

Since I haven't seen anything similar posted here, it might be something that is only affecting Steam users, possibly only on the NA megaserver.

Update: 

Edited by MikeG.6389
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 8

3 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Thanks. That doesn't really help.

The issue seems to affect ALL free accounts, years old or created right now, on Steam or not.

It's not an issue the player can fix. It's something on ANet's end. And since the affected players can't login, here we are.

• Like 3

The affected players can contact the CS Team as instructed in the Knowledge Base article via email. 

To contact the Guild Wars 2 Support Team, please send an email directly to: support@arena.net. When sending your email, please provide the following information to speed up assistance:

• Your Steam ID:
  • Guild Wars 2 Display Name:
  • Guild Wars 2 Character Name(s):
  • A summary of the issue you are requesting assistance with:

If you don’t have some of the information above, please provide what you can and a member of the Support Team will send a follow-up response as quickly as possible!

• Confused 1

• Handsel.2891 changed the title to Lot of players having log in issues through Steam right now. Updated.