What was GW2's peak era for you?

For me, it was LWS4. Even the trailers for each new episode were amazing.

Joko was maybe the best vilain GW2 ever had, and Kralkatorrik was the only Elder Dragon that genuinely felt like a massive dragon and a proper, destructive force of nature.

LWS4 is also when we got introduced to the Skyscale, and one of the only good looking armor sets in the game that's not in the gem store: the Requiem armor.

And of course, the music! 

• Like 7

For me it would be Heart of Thorns and Season 3.

What I liked the most was exploring the vertical jungle maps for the first time as I unlocked exploration abilities that made the maps even more spectacular. Add to that the soundtrack (tarir, the main theme, mordremoth...).

Visually the scenarios are amazing. The enemies introduced are a real challenge. And metas are my favorite in the whole game.

I quite liked the story

Spoiler

I didn't expect Eir's death and I loved running away from "Faolain" through Auric Basin.

Although I couldn't raid for a long time, I defeated 3 or 4 bosses and had a great time.

I'll admit that it was a time when I used to play more with friends and since LWS4 I play mostly solo, and this game is much more fun with friends.

So yeah, HOT and LWS3 for me.

• Like 10

Not sure there really was one.

This game, for me, has always been kind of middling.  It has some cool things about it, some interesting design features that other games don't have, but it doesn't seem to really stand out in any particular way, which is probably why it's never been super popular or as highly advertised as other MMO's.  There's also the fact that it can be a very hard game to get into these days, everything is just a little more confusing than it needs to be, the mount grinds are ridiculous, and as soon as you hit level 80 you get hit with this massive wall of so many things to do and absolutely no direction on where to go or what to do first... it's very intimidating for newer players.

IMO the best thing about the game are Charr and Asura, they're fairly unique among MMO's both visually and with their lore/characterization.  Charr are what got me to try the game in the first place, when I heard about these big monstrous beast people that used guns and tanks =P

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Lynx.9058 said:

Charr are what got me to try the game in the first place, when I heard about these big monstrous beast people that used guns and tanks =P

Didn't know much about GW2 when i made my account at a friend's place. Looking at Character selection, picked what looked like the monster race cause that's usually what appeals to me. Spent like an hour designing my Charr Thief who's still my main to this day thinking " he looks cool".

Intro plays plays then i immediately fell in love with everything about them. The edginess and all lol. I'm also a huge fan of steampunk so yeah they're the perfect mashup of everything i like. Fav race out of any MMO by a decent margin.

Specially like the effort that went into making them look like a whole different species, instead just just slapping a fursuit and a tail on a human-like character like a lot of other mmos do.

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Like 5

Core Tyria at launch when I was a noob (new game smell!), and then later HoT. I was very invested in the story and really adore Sylvari, so even though they left us hanging on some pretty major salad plot points, I was excited to explore the jungle and followed announcements about the upcoming content with avid and genuine glee.

Since then, HoT maps and core areas are my go-to places for farming and exploration when I'm not working on something else. The other expansions flopped pretty hard in comparison with regard to story, visuals, and staying power.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Naxian.9823 said:

For me it would be Heart of Thorns and Season 3.

What I liked the most was exploring the vertical jungle maps for the first time as I unlocked exploration abilities that made the maps even more spectacular. Add to that the soundtrack (tarir, the main theme, mordremoth...).

Visually the scenarios are amazing. The enemies introduced are a real challenge. And metas are my favorite in the whole game.

I quite liked the story

Reveal hidden contents

I didn't expect Eir's death and I loved running away from "Faolain" through Auric Basin.

Although I couldn't raid for a long time, I defeated 3 or 4 bosses and had a great time.

I'll admit that it was a time when I used to play more with friends and since LWS4 I play mostly solo, and this game is much more fun with friends.

So yeah, HOT and LWS3 for me.

LS3 was the best at create  expectations and mystery.

• Like 4

In terms of me playing all available game modes and getting the most out of the game - just before Raids came out. I did PvE, played WvW and PvP to finish my Ascension backpack. Never got into Raids, Strikes and higher level Fractals from that point on. The number of fiends playing PvP went down after that too, so I kind of stopped doing that. It was probably the time where I had the most active "friends" and people playing I knew on a personal level including guild activities. When server teams came up in WvW, the people I knew from AG went down significantly.

That is kind of a long time ago, but I can honestly say, that GW2 never got back up to that mark, oscillating between lows (Balthazar) and highs (Aurene "killed" by Kralkatorik) in the story and throughout Living Stories and Expansions. 

LW3
The maps were nicely designed with a lot of attention to detail. We still had resources for Raid development. Open World and hardcore content were two separate things. Masteries were great. Even farming stuff was well designed (e. g. BFF berries/chests or LD leather-farm). Replay value for the maps, due to the useful ascended gear. Rewarding dailies for those maps with various interesting tasks. Unique Jumping Puzzles wich sometimes overshot the goal (e. g. the two volcano puzzles), but tried to progress in design and difficulty. Good story with two antagonists, where one was not much more than an ordinary human, yet managed to grind our gears. And imo the most epic area in the game, the Primal Kiln.

The only thing that I do not like about LW3 was the unnecessary 6th episode. The vision about Balthazar could have easily been executed by finding the Eye somewhere in Tyria. Either with the help of an Asura or Valette. Instead, we have got a werid GW1 fanservice chapter. The map itself was good, as well as the JP. 

• Like 1