Came back after a long break and just finished PoF, what's the optimal way to use my 80 boost?

Hey all,

I came back after a long break and just finished PoF with my Engineer. I'm looking to boost either a Guardian or Warrior to play alongside the Engineer. Is it worth doing the story, HoT and PoF again on the boosted character? I would really prefer not to because those Zhaitan airship fights were kitten. Should I just run around zones collecting Hero Points and doing events?

Thanks in advance!

Guardian's probably more solid than warrior if you plan to actually play it. Firebrand is probably the second most accepted spec after mechanist, and the Celestial gear that the boost comes with isn't even wasted on them since Celestial stats work well for a more damage heavy but lower healing version of a quickness healing support.

7 hours ago, Eponet.4829 said:

Guardian's probably more solid than warrior if you plan to actually play it. Firebrand is probably the second most accepted spec after mechanist, and the Celestial gear that the boost comes with isn't even wasted on them since Celestial stats work well for a more damage heavy but lower healing version of a quickness healing support.

Would you go Firebrand or Willbender first?

In bloodtide coast, there are some frogs you can pick up by the entrance to Lions Arch. Use your boost on one of them, and then give it a kiss. You'll end up with a level 80 prince, which is a class you can't unlock any other way. Happy gaming.

Ps: you'll need to provide lodging and food to the prince, as he's been sealed away so long, his kingdom and people have long since perished. Although he does have some interesting tales about the boy Jowko.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It depends on your long-term plans. If you want to have 1 character for each profession, it's better to use the boost on the most boring/difficult profession, otherwise if you plan to play with 2 professions, Firebrand seems a good choice (although guardian is the easiest class to level up in my opinion).

Altoholism is one of the best parts of GW2. You don't need to repeat the story if you don't enjoy it. All my characters have completed their personal story but different characters have done different chapters of later stories. Even when maps are apparently locked behind some story progress, you can usually bypass this requirement after the first character by using scrolls or even Teleport To Friend.

• Like 1

Is it worth doing the story, HoT and PoF again on the boosted character?

In general, repeating story isn't worth it (at least not for the rewards). You can just buy infinite portal scrolls from the zones where you've been with your main, or use teleport to friend to get in zones of which you haven't done the story. But if you still need a lot of achies, you might as well just redo them with an alt if you'd have to replay all the chapters with your main anyway. If you only miss a single achie here and there, you could just replay parts of the story on your main instead of redoing the whole episode on an alt. However, there are certain episodes that can be nice to repeat on all your alts like the Tangled Paths episode from Living World s2 since it's a pretty fast one once you've done it a few times, and it gives you a black lion key at the end.

Should I just run around zones collecting Hero Points and doing events?

To get access to your elites, you'll need the hero points yeah, doing events will do nothing in order to get elite skills (that's just to get more exp/karma/whatever loot you get from them). Keep in mind that for hero points, the tyria onces give you 1 each, while the ones in expansions will give you 10 each. So the fastest way is to join a hp run for expansion zones that just trains through all the hp's of that expansion. On the other side, if you get a tyria world completion while going for the tyria hp's, you get 2 gifts of exploration which are worth around 600-650g each. Alternatively, if you have done (or are doing) WvW. You can buy hp scrolls for proofs/testimonies of heroics which unlock random hp's that you're missing, for the expansion zone that you bought them for. That way you can unlock the elite spec you want in just a matter of seconds and a few clicks :classic_tongue:

edit: as for what prof you want to use your lvl 80 booster on, just use it on whatever you think you'll like most. If you want to play dragonhunter/firebrand/willbender, go for the guard as suggested above, but if you want to play berserker/spellbreaker/bladesworn, don't let other people their ideas stop you from picking it. Everything can be good, it's just a matter of what you like and what you don't like. Playing something just because the "meta" says it can do a few K extra dps over other classes if both do perfect rotations, will not last for long. Your best bet is always to play what you like the most and suits your playstyle, cause that will last the longest. It will result in the best option in the end, giving you most joy and will result in better dps because of the amount of time you spend playing it.

Edited by evlover.6270