Which Guild Hall lags the less?

I really like my guild hall.

The island of Reflection. 

However, it lags... sometimes a lot, actually. 

So I'm thinking about getting a hall that lags the least of all of them.

We can discard HoT to start with, cause if the maps also lag, so does the hall... or I'm wrong, and it doesn't? 

That leaves Core tyria?

PoF, and what else?

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Confused 3

Lagg is mostly a personal issue = hardware or connection. Do your members also have lagg issues in the guildhall? Is this a recent phenomenon or ongoing since you own it?

Looking at resource consumption, it depends on a couple of factors: size of the guildhall, objects to load, decorations to load, players present.

Gilded Hollow (HoT) is huge, has lots of shiny structures and a lot of light.
Lost Precipice (HoT) is big, but open.
Windswept Haven (PoF) has massive buildings, but is open.
Isle of Reflection (EoD) is rather empty, compared to the other three.

Normally developers want to show off their skills, so the newer guildhalls are more likely to eat more resources although they are significantly smaller. So my guess for the least-laggy guildhall is Lost Precipice. 

As you are EU, I can give you access to Lost Precipice and Windswept Haven. So you can see for yourselves if you want. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Lagg is mostly a personal issue = hardware or connection. Do your members also have lagg issues in the guildhall?

Some do.

I was going to build a racing track around the outskirts and they let me know wasn't a very good idea.

Is this a recent phenomenon or ongoing since you own it?

Yeah.

Lag always been there from te start. 

There a few very rare occasions which does not lag.

But I'd say 99% of the time it does.

Looking at resource consumption, it depends on a couple of factors: size of the guildhall, objects to load, decorations to load, players present.

We don't have that many decorations up.

But something to have in.mind, defo.

Gilded Hollow (HoT) is huge, has lots of shiny structures and a lot of light.
Lost Precipice (HoT) is big, but open.
Windswept Haven (PoF) has massive buildings, but is open.
Isle of Reflection (EoD) is rather empty, compared to the other three.

Thanks

Normally developers want to show off their skills, so the newer guildhalls are more likely to eat more resources although they are significantly smaller. So my guess for the least-laggy guildhall is Lost Precipice. 

Makes sense.

As you are EU, I can give you access to Lost Precipice and Windswept Haven. So you can see for yourselves if you want. 

That'd be brilliant.

Thanks.

So I think a move to a different home is in order here.

I'll speak to the gang and see what they say.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

You keep progress, but have to pay 100g for the new guildhall and do the claim-event again.

The bright side of this is, if you want to return to Isle of Reflection, you only have to do the claim-event. 

That's good to know.

Thanks.

So yoy only have to pay once for each guild.

So in case we wanna go back to that one, we juzt need to do the battle again?

• Confused 1

Yes, and spending hours and hours to decorate everything again... which is why I'm still keeping Lost Precipice (which lags a lot). It might be a good idea to put few decorations around the starting waypoint, but then it would look shabby...

I built my (very long) race track quite far from the starting waypoint though, I guess it helps a bit.

16 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

That's good to know.

Thanks.

So yoy only have to pay once for each guild.

So in case we wanna go back to that one, we juzt need to do the battle again?

Pretty sure you have to pay the gold and do claim event to move back again if you decide to do that

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Urud.4925 said:

Yes, and spending hours and hours to decorate everything again... which is why I'm still keeping Lost Precipice (which lags a lot). It might be a good idea to put few decorations around the starting waypoint, but then it would look shabby...

I built my (very long) race track quite far from the starting waypoint though, I guess it helps a bit.

I did visit other halls yesterday.

They still lag the same and don't look nowhere near as good as this one.

So I'm staying right here.

The racing track ye.

That's where I was going to do it.

Beyond the arena and the outskirts.

• Confused 2

Personally I've never had lag-like issues with the guild halls, but I did have major lag-like problems in gw2 until recently which were not game or network related.

I had a 3 yo desktop and made 2 changes to it.

1. move gw2 to an external SSD drive which is plugged into a USB 3.0 port.  While much better than the HD disk it was on, its far from the best performance since I don't have faster USB ports  
  2. upgraded from 16GB RAM to 32GB RAM.

The drive switch helped dramatically with transition and loading screens, which could be PAINFUL.  The RAM upgrade virtually eliminated all my lag.

You may want to dig further because your issues may not be game/guild-hall related.

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Like 2