S4 E1 predictions

Fenom.9457

I think we are going north of Tyria to find Braham and Rox. If this is the case, we would see a different kind of map. No more desert.

¿The Lore about this season?

IMO we are going to empower DSD to restore the balance of the magic. We are going to see the effects of the empower of Krakaltorrik, maeby some natural disasters, and we will find a way to restore it, feeding with magic to the DSD.

We should rescue Aurenne too... or not.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:that leak on reddit a while back about it being called Ruptured Bahdza and to the right of vabbi may be right.

Never saw this leak, got a link (probably not).

I wont post it because of forum rules, but a quick google found it almost instantly.

Found it, the "raid leak" sounds like BS, the map leak seems reasonable but it could go multiple ways really.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:that leak on reddit a while back about it being called Ruptured Bahdza and to the right of vabbi may be right.

Never saw this leak, got a link (probably not).

I wont post it because of forum rules, but a quick google found it almost instantly.

Found it, the "raid leak" sounds like BS, the map leak seems reasonable but it could go multiple ways really.

Yea the raid description sounded unfinished at best.

I hope that we deliver a crushing blow to Kralkatorrik in the next expansion and start it in the living workd. I am sick and tired of this guy running around and wrecking havok at his leisure because he is a magic sponge. Putting him to sleep would be no solution but just the same skritt all over again in thousand years. I also want to make Joko mortal again for a split second and kick him so hard in he family jewels that he will feel it for the rest of his existence.^^

Close your eyes and forget is not very heroic at all.

@Torolan.5816 said:I hope that we deliver a crushing blow to Kralkatorrik in the next expansion and start it in the living workd. I am sick and tired of this guy running around and wrecking havok at his leisure because he is a magic sponge. Putting him to sleep would be no solution but just the same skritt all over again in thousand years. I also want to make Joko mortal again for a split second and kick him so hard in he family jewels that he will feel it for the rest of his existence.^^

Close your eyes and forget is not very heroic at all.

Destroying the planet isn't really heroic either, which is problematic. Killing Kralk will almost certainly destroy the planet. I'm sure Aurene would be a suitable enough magic sponge though. If the story goes that way. But it probably won't be as simple as "Kill Kralkatorik, feed Aurene crystal dragon voodoo". There will be a lot of other things to do first.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Arden.7480 said:I want to meet Caithe.. Miss her. <3

Didn't aurene eat her? Oh well, i thought they'd have her executed by now for joepordizing world peace and kidnapping glint's scion

Caithe always finds her way to make a right decision and to apologize, she is putted in a contrary to Braham. :)

And she didn't kidnap Aurene... she just took the Egg because she thought it was a right decision- if you haven't played Sylvari yet you don't know what the Wyld Hunt means to Sylvari.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Arden.7480 said:I want to meet Caithe.. Miss her. <3

Didn't aurene eat her? Oh well, i thought they'd have her executed by now for joepordizing world peace and kidnapping glint's scion

Given that we kind of did the exact same thing Caithe did during Prized Possessions (taking the egg and running, leaving friends to deal with overpowered mordrem foes alone), Caithe's crimes aren't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Caithe never jeopardized world peace either, btw.

Honestly, the Caithe hating in HoT was seriously humiliatingly exaggerated. I get what they were TRYING to do - make it unclear as to whether or not Caithe was controlled by Mordremoth - but they failed horribly with it. And her "I'll kill Mordremoth even if it means all sylvari die" was so utterly ridiculously stupid because hello risen are still around despite Zhaitan's death!

It felt as silly as the PC bashing Canach relentlessly during Season 2 and then being buddy buddy at the beginning of Heart of Thorns.

The difference between the commander and Caithe is in my opinion simply that Caithe is a habitual offender for such things. When she shows up again after messing up, she has all kinds of stupid excuses("I trusted Faolain", "I am a shadow").

And then there is also the idea that history is written by the winner. We were right, Caithe was wrong. That may not be fair, but it is how it is.

And even if you are type of person who is rather forgiving and who says "ok, you blew it, but we let you go" the absolute best she could hope for is that you actually let her go free of charges for heroics in the past and the fact that she had to endure the largest majority of destinys edge for so long. I am pretty sure that a lovesick human captain, a generally dismissive charr and an asura couple will drive you over the edge sooner or later.^^

But that would be it. Not let her guard the egg, not let her hang around with you. A lame excuse is no redemption.

Honestly, whatever you think about the first time she disappeared with the egg, the second time around, she was doing the right thing. There was no guarantee that we'd beat the Shadow of the Dragon, so the egg is better off if someone whisks it away while everyone else stays to fight. And up until the still-unhatched Aurene chose us as her champion granting us improved Zephyrite powers, as seventy-something percent of Destiny's Edge's firepower we were the best to stay since we had the best chance of killing the Shadow.

And the first time around... could well have been the Dream acting to keep the egg off the fleet.

The commander makes a valid point when he sets her as an additional layer of defence for Aurene: "Whatever else you've been, you've never been an enemy to this dragon". She's been a loose cannon at times, but her loyalties are something we can be confident about.

Your reasoning makes her an opportunist instead of a lunatic, another type of person I don´t want around me. At the time of defeating the shadow of the dragon, we already caused it to abandon an attack once, had defeated Zhaitan and a host of his best champions, and we also knew about her past actions with Faolain. She did not even voluntarily give back the egg after we had defeated the Shadow and confronted her in HoT, she literally lost it when Faolain confronted her and we picked it up.

The only point I will give the reasoning of the commander with her guarding Aurene is that the dragon is probably too powerful for her to just kidnapp her. Although I would be pretty mad when she learned some ways of Caithe after all the ordeals the exalted put you through to help them achieve their century long goal.^^

Rather than either an opportunist or a lunatic, Caithe is an introvert. She doesn't communicate her feelings well and will often act before talking. This is shown multiple times in the Edge of Destiny novel such as when she rushes off to stop the bear fights when she Logan and Rytlock first arrives in LA, in the story dungeons with how she's pushing DE members together without thinking through the consequences, and even a little bit in the sylvari personal storyline.

In the case of Caithe taking the egg during the Shadow of the Dragon attack: sure, we stopped it once, but we didn't have anything to defend then and we could only damage it thanks to the Pale Tree's help (look above its head if you ever fight it again during The World Summit, and you will see sylvari vines forcing it down and in place). We didn't really "defeat Zhaitan" despite how much the game writing has layered the PC as the "Slayer of Zhaitan" - it was a fleet which did it, we did something literally anyone can do (pull a trigger to a specialized gun) which we did after others had crippled it to the point of removing one of its largest claws and clipping one of its largest wings; the rest of the time in that fight we did little more than the rest of DE and the Pact: we fought minions and the occasional champion.

We never really confronted Caithe with the egg after the Shadow of the Dragon either - she had no way of knowing that we'd be able to defeat a champion rumored to be immortal, which we were only able to do due to having divine fire btw. And in HoT, the first moment we meet her is when we stole the egg from her leaving her, Rytlock, and Canach to fight Faolain (who subsequently slipped away somehow).

I guess most dragons would not sell one of their premier champions to be a creampuff. I am pretty sure that there were enough people who consiered a dragon in general undefeatable, but the destruction of Zhaitan by a fleet of as you say rather common people proved otherwise. I think a little trust in the commander could be already placed right then.

Regarding the Faolain situation, the commander indeed did something fishy there by giving Caithe a taste of her own medicine. But Rytlock was already rushing in to defend her and the commander was not running away with the egg because he wanted it to safeguard himself instead of Caithe. The protective shrine was already near, not half a continent away. And Faolain was hot on our heels, so either she would have disposed of the legendary heroes of DE quite quickly(unlikely) or never intending to really battle them.

Edit:And why not give the egg to the commander after the Shadow was defeated? His nimbus was broken then. The commander has supported her in every sense, I assume her wild hunt would not have shrilled loud alarm bells when he would have asked her to help protect the egg until they would have reached the safe area and the egg would have shown who its champion is on its own.

@Torolan.5816 said:Regarding the Faolain situation, the commander indeed did something fishy there by giving Caithe a taste of her own medicine. But Rytlock was already rushing in to defend her and the commander was not running away with the egg because he wanted it to safeguard himself instead of Caithe. The protective shrine was already near, not half a continent away. And Faolain was hot on our heels, so either she would have disposed of the legendary heroes of DE quite quickly(unlikely) or never intending to really battle them.

The Commander had no clue about "the protective shrine" and if you think about it Silverwastes is literally right next door to Gilded Hollows, Ascendant's Ring, and the Sealed Cave all of which would have some degree of the same protections of Forgotten magic as the four outposts like the one the Commander took the egg to - not "half a continent away" (not even a fifth a continent away, so that's one hell of a gross exaggeration). And the first thing Caithe did after taking the egg was going to the Sealed Cave.

Unlike the Commander, Caithe knew the general direction of where to go with Tarir, and knew about the Sealed Cave. She knew the importance of the egg far more than the Commander, and was able to easily tell when the egg was safe in Tarir (Taimi and the others felt the burst of energy when the egg was placed in Tarir but had no clue what it meant, Caithe had watched the event and walked away afterwards indicating she knew what that burst of energy meant) - she even went to a spot where she could visually see Tarir, indicating that she knew about the city itself somehow, more than a mere "golden location in a very obscure vision" like the PC.

If you look intently at all her actions, they were pretty clearly calculated if also a bit impulsive, but they were portrayed in a way that was attempting (and failing) to sow doubt into the sincerity of Caithe's state of mind. It was pretty clear from some of the HoT promotions that ArenaNet wanted players to doubt, question, and even blame Caithe. But at the same time they knew that she was not guilty and they sadly let this clash with their portrayal.

I don´t really share that point of view, but ok, let´s assume it for a moment. Why would I want someone like her around m after that crisis is solved? I do not have any trust in her. As soon as something like that crossed in her mind again, you can b et your lucky cent that she would do it again. There are enough people with battle progress around you, so you don´t really need her. Dismiss her and let her go her merry way.

In truth, I think there is a certain degree of truth in what Torolan is saying, in this:

She's not a team player. Having her work as part of a team doesn't suit her skills and temperament, she doesn't listen to orders well, and is likely to unknowingly create discord among the team.

However, she is emphatically not a traitor. Having Mordremoth in her mind was probably the biggest test of her loyalty since discovering Faolain's true nature, and perhaps even that isn't really comparable, since at least then she was still reasonably certain that her thoughts were her own. From what Caithe said about her mindset after Mordremoth awoke, she wasn't able to compartmentalise it the way Canach, Occam, and (mostly) the PC did - she was in a state where she didn't know which thoughts were her own and which were Mordremoth's. So when she thought "I can trust the Commander", for instance, she didn't know whether that was her thought... or Mordremoth's. So she took the approach where she felt most certain she wasn't delivering it directly to Mordremoth: which is to say, running off with it on her own, where as long as she didn't succumb (arguably the weak spot, but in the end, she proved strong-minded enough not to), she was not giving it away without a fight.

And this is without going into the possibility that the Dream told her to steal the egg specifically to keep the egg off the Pact fleet. Since if the Commander and the egg had gone down with the fleet, it would probably have been an unmitigated disaster.

Given that, Caithe probably is better employed as a lone agent, reporting back to the PC every so often rather than being an integral part of the team. Certainly, dumping her like a hot potato is not going to help anything. She's going to keep doing what she thinks best regardless - better for there to be some coordination rather than ending up acting at cross-purposes.

Caithe is basically a closed subject, I do not think Anet will reuse it for a bigger role in the future. Although I detest characters who act on their own in the way she acted, somehow I have empathized with her, I do not consider a character at all bad, she is well where she is. Introspection in her past in LS2 was an extremely well polished work, also in terms of taking the player to involvement with her and Faolain's emotional side. Although some players did not like the substitution of skills to Caithe skills, its seems that Anet have learned the lesson and in PoF the use of Sohotin skills is not enforced.

Archived