Gib back my mount!!!!

Bought the game 10years ago...never hooked me so after lvling a character to 30, I quit...came back 2days ago.

Tried all character to lvl 30.  Guardian was best so got him to 51...

after 10 hours of fun, now my mount is gone.

wtf!!!!

Now it feels like Im swimming under water on land!

I was doing 100% on all maps I got to with that mount!!

After losing that mount, map completion is a bit** to do.

gib back ma mount now!!!!

I am very sadge....now each map is gon take me a day to complete.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 9

Sorry for your loss but by chance you don't have any expansions on you may be ? As to why its because core game went free long ago and if you owned core the game might have considered you as free to play.

As for mount F2P account get to play with it for 10 hours trial then you either buy expansions or walking.

• Like 5

The game shouldn't consider you free to play if you bought the original though.

But, as this is a recent feature, the game might have gotten confused.

But i say, report this to Anet support, because, you shouldn't have a f2p account if you bought it years ago.

If you don't have restricted access to Trading post or chat restrictions, then you should have been able to keep the mount.

Of course, any "paid" version you can get today comes with Path of Fire, and that's where the mounts are from, so the game probably expects you to have it, but doesn't see you as "paid" account since it doesn't see PoF on yours...

In any case... Contact Anet support because, i'm not sure they even thought of that possibility, that a paid account might not have PoF on it and still NOT be a f2p account.

• Confused 3

26 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

But i say, report this to Anet support, because, you shouldn't have a f2p account if you bought it years ago.

If you don't have restricted access to Trading post or chat restrictions, then you should have been able to keep the mount.

Of course, any "paid" version you can get today comes with Path of Fire, and that's where the mounts are from, so the game probably expects you to have it, but doesn't see you as "paid" account since it doesn't see PoF on yours...

In any case... Contact Anet support because, i'm not sure they even thought of that possibility, that a paid account might not have PoF on it and still NOT be a f2p account.

I think the distinction is actually that accounts which have PoF or EoD get the raptor permanently at level 10 and accounts which don't get the temporary version.

But Anet advertised it as free accounts get the temp one and paid accounts get the permanent one because it hasn't been possible to buy a version of the game without PoF or EoD for years (since HoT was bundled with PoF) and they wanted to keep it simple. I assume the number of people whose main/only account isn't free-to-play but doesn't have PoF or EoD is relatively small.

(I know Heroic Edition accounts - the paid version of the core game with no expansions - only got the temporary raptor, and I think Anet confirmed that was deliberate.)

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2022 at 3:38 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Simply being on a "paid" account has nothing to do with it, they need to own an expansion or that trial mount is all they get. 

Edited by Sobx.1758
with
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think the distinction is actually that accounts which have PoF or EoD get the raptor permanently at level 10 and accounts which don't get the temporary version.

But Anet advertised it as free accounts get the temp one and paid accounts get the permanent one because it hasn't been possible to buy a version of the game without PoF or EoD for years (since HoT was bundled with PoF) and they wanted to keep it simple. I assume the number of people whose main/only account isn't free-to-play but doesn't have PoF or EoD is relatively small.

(I know Heroic Edition accounts - the paid version of the core game with no expansions - only got the temporary raptor, and I think Anet confirmed that was deliberate.)

Yes, exactly my point. Since no paid account really comes without PoF anymore, they probably just made it simple and PoF is the deciding factor here when dealing with the permanent mount.

But the wording in the advertisement says "paid accounts" from what i recall, not that it requires PoF. So technically, that includes paid base game accounts as well. 😛 

Not a common problem, and it won't hurt for OP to contact support.

But anyway, buying PoF and HoT is cheap nowdays, so...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Yes, exactly my point. Since no paid account really comes without PoF anymore, they probably just made it simple and PoF is the deciding factor here when dealing with the permanent mount.

But the wording in the advertisement says "paid accounts" from what i recall, not that it requires PoF. So technically, that includes paid base game accounts as well. 😛 

Not a common problem, and it won't hurt for OP to contact support.

But anyway, buying PoF and HoT is cheap nowdays, so...

Nope, the wording is accounts with an expansion unlocked 😄 So if OP has an old account with just HoT unlocked, I'd see it as some edge-case since it would mean they unlocked expansion, even though that expansion isn't related to the mounts. But that's not the case here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nope, the wording is accounts with an expansion unlocked 😄 So if OP has an old account with just HoT unlocked, I'd see it as some edge-case since it would mean they unlocked expansion, even though that expansion isn't related to the mounts. But that's not the case here.

This isn't true either.  I started in 2012, quit, then I bought HoT in 2018, never finished it, started playing again last week.  Bought the Ultimate Collection to get the mount but I couldn't use it till I did the first chapter of PoF to unlock the base Raptor before I could use the mount I got from the UC.

• Confused 1

Just now, Samfisher.7942 said:

This isn't true either.  I started in 2012, quit, then I bought HoT in 2018, never finished it, started playing again last week.  Bought the Ultimate Collection to get the mount but I couldn't use it till I did the first chapter of PoF to unlock the base Raptor before I could use the mount I got from the UC.

Were you playing on a lvl 80 character this whole time? Because from what they said they've set it to unlcok every 10 levels. So if you already were lvl 80, there probably wasn't anything to trigger the unlock.

• Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Were you playing on a lvl 80 character this whole time? Because from what they said they've set it to unlcok every 10 levels. So if you already were lvl 80, there probably wasn't anything to trigger the unlock.

Yes, I only really ever had 1 character and it's been 80 since 2012.  My other character was a lvl 1-2 banker.  If having to level up is a trigger they implemented to old accounts, that seems incredibly short sighted to expect people not to play their original toons.

2 minutes ago, Samfisher.7942 said:

Yes, I only really ever had 1 character and it's been 80 since 2012.  My other character was a lvl 1-2 banker.  If having to level up is a trigger they implemented to old accounts, that seems incredibly short sighted to expect people not to play their original toons.

Mount unlock is account-wide, not character bound. Getting to lvl 10 -or starting pof story- doesn't really seem like a problem to me at all. It doesn't mean you somehow need to abandon what you were playing. That said, they also said they might add different triggers in the future, so who knows what it will be.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Mount unlock is account-wide, not character bound. Getting to lvl 10 -or starting pof story- doesn't really seem like a problem to me at all.

Yes but the problem is it isn't mentioned anywhere, you're left to assume what ANet intended to do with the mount unlock for legacy accounts.  Either way, unable to test that anymore since I already have the mounts.

8 minutes ago, Samfisher.7942 said:

Yes but the problem is it isn't mentioned anywhere, you're left to assume what ANet intended to do with the mount unlock for legacy accounts.  Either way, unable to test that anymore since I already have the mounts.

What did they plan? I mean, they probably planned for people to actually play through the expansions they bought? 😛 

Also added this while you were apparently already responding: That said, they also said they might add different triggers in the future, so who knows what it will be.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What did they plan? I mean, they probably planned for people to actually play through the expansions they bought? 😛 

Also added this while you were apparently already responding: That said, they also said they might add different triggers in the future, so who knows what it will be.

From what I've read from people in Map Chat, the plan was to open mounts for all Core and above accounts without needing PoF.  Some weren't sure if that was already implemented but were adamant that was ANet's stated plans.  Either way, it's still weird for a F2P account to have 10 hours of mount access while Core players who bought the game don't get a mount, nor the courtesy trial hahaha.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Samfisher.7942 said:

From what I've read from people in Map Chat, the plan was to open mounts for all Core and above accounts without needing PoF.  Some weren't sure if that was already implemented but were adamant that was ANet's stated plans.  Either way, it's still weird for a F2P account to have 10 hours of mount access while Core players who bought the game don't get a mount, nor the courtesy trial hahaha.

For now what we know is that it's not what they've planned, it's mount unlock for players with expansion unlocked.

At least that's all I've heard, so next time you hear that in map chat again, ask them about some source please 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

From the Wiki:

New accounts with an expansion unlocked will be granted permanent access to the basic raptor mount after they reach level 10 on a single character.

Characters on Play for Free accounts (as well as Core accounts without an expansions) will get a 10-hour trial of the basic raptor mount when they reach level 10. These cannot be dyed.

Raptor Masteries can still only be unlocked in the Path of Fire expansion.

All accounts with a character already over level 10 when this change was implemented on August 2nd 2022 missed this initial unlock checkpoint, but they will get the unlock on the next multiple of 10 level (so, a level 24 character will get the unlock at level 30). ArenaNet acknowledges that this is not an ideal solution and is working on additional methods to offer this unlock to players not caught by this fallback solution.

From Patch Notes https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/118935-game-update-notes-august-2-2022/

• Road test the raptor!
    • Accounts with an expansion unlocked will be granted permanent access to the basic raptor mount after they reach level 10 on a single character. Players who have reached level 80 and own the Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire expansion can unlock this mount's Masteries.
    • Characters on Play for Free accounts will get a 10-hour trial of the raptor mount when they reach level 10.
    • For characters that are already over level 10 and missed the initial unlock checkpoint, we will attempt to grant the unlock every 10 levels. This is true for both Play for Free and expansion accounts. We are working on additional methods to offer this unlock to players not caught by this fallback solution.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I knew I needed the expansion.  I just didn't think I was gonna stay with the game if i didn't hit lvl 80 so I was gon

buy expansion once I hit 80 so I don't waste money if i decided the game wasn't for me.

I was just trying to have some fun with losing big part of my 10hour game play lol.  Wasn't really serious about getting

back the raptor.  Fully understand expansions are where it was implemented. 

Only thing is I do actually think its kinda stupid to have new players lose something like this only after 10hours.

why not just give them the base raptors regardless of having expansions or not.

The maps are huge and running on foot is 10years old idea.

if the goal is to have new players buy the game then I really don't think this is it.

It really does decrease unnecessary bs running around the map.  Which equates to faster lvl 80 experience.

Like i said. 10hours to lvl51 just by completing each map to 100%.

anyways.  Wasnt really serious on this issue.  I'm still running on foot having fun.  Just slow like i said.

GIB BACK MA MOUNT NOW ANET!!!

on the other note...

Do yall think anet will have halloween sales?

Steam will have one most definitely so just curious.

• Confused 3

10 hours ago, KRNdevil.7104 said:

If you mean the gem shop, sure, they always do.

If you mean Expansions, probably not, and seeing how it's new on steam, they probably won't immediately have expansions on sale there, or a lot of people that bought them full price just weeks ago will be verry kittened.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, KRNdevil.7104 said:

Core maps have many WPs, so the distance -after the initial exploration- isn't huge. Use mobility skills and look for source of swiftness.

Why don't they just give them raptors? Probably because it's supposed to be a taste of what's available later and they want you to buy expansions. 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/5/2022 at 12:38 AM, Veprovina.4876 said:

That's true but the core game didn't have mounts either. This isn't a free to play vs paid to play issue. This is an issue with the mounts coming with expansions.  Mounts were introduced with PoF.   A core account can't glide without an expansion either.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/4/2022 at 11:07 PM, KRNdevil.7104 said:

I knew I needed the expansion.  I just didn't think I was gonna stay with the game if i didn't hit lvl 80 so I was gon

buy expansion once I hit 80 so I don't waste money if i decided the game wasn't for me.

I was just trying to have some fun with losing big part of my 10hour game play lol.  Wasn't really serious about getting

back the raptor.  Fully understand expansions are where it was implemented. 

Only thing is I do actually think its kinda stupid to have new players lose something like this only after 10hours.

if the goal is to have new players buy the game then I really don't think this is it.

It really does decrease unnecessary bs running around the map.  Which equates to faster lvl 80 experience.

Like i said. 10hours to lvl51 just by completing each map to 100%.

anyways.  Wasnt really serious on this issue.  I'm still running on foot having fun.  Just slow like i said.

GIB BACK MA MOUNT NOW ANET!!!

on the other note...

It only takes like 3-4 days to reach the max level on the new system though? I tested it recently, and I spent most of my time just casually dorking around rather than seriously leveling with boosters, etc. For many new players, the leveling process seems too fast, not too slow.

Furthermore all classes have access to nearly-permanent Swiftness and movement skills very early on, especially classes which can wield the warhorn off-hand weapon. You also get permanent Swiftness in cities from NPCs, and there's six cities to fully explore.

What have we come to when players think half a week to a week max to get to "the good stuff" is now an unacceptible time gate, and that actually playing the game is too boring.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Actually, this kind of highlights a pain point I felt leveling, pre-mount days.  Base Warrior has the Discipline trait Warrior's Sprint, Necro has signet of locusts, Base Ele has the Air trait Zephyr's Speed, and Base Thief has Signet of Shadows.

Base Rev has Impossible Odds in Shiro and Base Mesmer has the signet of Inspiration that is 5 seconds of swiftness every 10 seconds passively, but Base Guardian and Base Engineer have nothing.  Yeah, they have weapon skills and utility skills that can grant them speed boosts, but they don't have anything that is a permanent passive speed boost like others until you get to one or more elite specs.

6 hours ago, Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294 said:

Actually, this kind of highlights a pain point I felt leveling, pre-mount days.  Base Warrior has the Discipline trait Warrior's Sprint, Necro has signet of locusts, Base Ele has the Air trait Zephyr's Speed, and Base Thief has Signet of Shadows.

Base Rev has Impossible Odds in Shiro and Base Mesmer has the signet of Inspiration that is 5 seconds of swiftness every 10 seconds passively, but Base Guardian and Base Engineer have nothing.  Yeah, they have weapon skills and utility skills that can grant them speed boosts, but they don't have anything that is a permanent passive speed boost like others until you get to one or more elite specs.

Core Engineer gets permaswift when equipping a kit, with no boon duration required:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Streamlined_Kits

I'm not sure how much more passive you want it than getting 33% movement speed for pressing one button every 20sec. That's already one of the most powerful movement buffs available.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1