Vindicator Dodge

KeoLegend.5132

Feels a lot more fun to me. Like the best of what I like with Staff Daredevil, but with the more interesting complexity of Vindicator.  Pretty optimistic so far.

After playing it for many hours, I have to revise this opinion. I think it isn't great. We've really lost some flavour for the elite, as you're now more inclined to dodge a lot instead of relying on your toolkit of mitigation.  Also, the big one is that the dodge/leap isn't useful as a gap closer, as it used to be, so that's a bit annoying. It's more like jump up and down on the spot to smash whoever you're fighting, instead of leaping around like a ninja.  Sucks.

Edited by Hawken.7932
Revised opinion.
  • Like 2

the dodge feels really good now tho the damage was halved but that's understandable. What i don't like is when the dodge end there is a small animation of rev pulling the sword out and it looks so freaking epic b4 but now they speed up the animation the sword pulling move got ruined atleast on GS.

Edited by Eros.6801
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

are you guys spamming 2 dodges to keep the DPS or just using 1 and using the other when needed?

dodge to upkeep bonus and to dodge attacks/mechanics. dps will not be better from spamming. unless u kill trashmobs with sigil of stamina

Playing around with it and it feels nice. Now I have only one thing I'd like changed just a touch. Vassals of the Empire imo should do a tripple chill pulse with overall the same damage as now. Reason for that suggestion is I want to play with an abyssal chill build on Vindicator. Probably still wouldn't be great, but it would be a lot of fun. Even in my testing now its kinda fun, I just wish it had 3 quick strikes to it. The boons can stay the same on how they function. But having the impact pulse with chill and damage would be fun.

• Confused 1

Theme/flavor of the dodge is ruined and the damage sucks now because it’s halved.  I’m ready for them to revert it honestly.   That being said, I was never in favor of having 2 dodges to begin with.

Also, just making a note now, the evade skills will be nerfed in some way (most likely energy costs) now because we have 2 dodges.  Just wait and see.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 10

Just now, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

Theme/flavor of the dodge is ruined and the damage sucks now because it’s halved.  I’m ready for them to revert it honestly.   That being said, I was never in favor of having 2 dodges to begin with.

Also, just making a note now, the evade skills will be nerfed in some way (most likely energy costs) now because we have 2 dodges.  Just wait and see.

AN INTERESTING OPINNION. Looks like you are the first on it

• Haha 4
  • Confused 4

The DPS dodge was reduced from 4.0 to somewhere around a 2.0 power coefficient so it does roughly half to 30% less damage and the buff was taken from 15s to 10s.

The Boon dodge had it's boon duration reduced from 2 to 1 seconds.

The Heal dodge was seemingly hit the hardest, while the buff is still 6 seconds, the actual healing/barrier was reduced by what feels like 75%. For me personally it healed anywhere from 4.5k-6k pre-patch, now it's doing 1.6k which is more than a 50% reduction.

*heal dodge numbers are in a full healing build/gear.

*edit None of that matters though because if you run Reaver's Curse you can infinitely spam dodges with vigor and become unkillable.

Edited by Nomad.4301
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Vindicator always has access to support skills - not saying that a DPS oriented vindicator is strong at supporting but it does have access to it. Also remember that vindicator, especially the greatsword wielding one, was supposed to be the AoE version of a power revenant.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Legion.9617 said:

Vindicator always has access to support skills - not saying that a DPS oriented vindicator is strong at supporting but it does have access to it. Also remember that vindicator, especially the greatsword wielding one, was supposed to be the AoE version of a power revenant.

So does every single other profession with free access to their utility skills. Equip support lose damage. But we have to swap out our entire utility set for some minor support worthless on full beserk vindicator. And healing vindicator does not exist because vindicator cannot provide usefull boons.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Surprise surprise, two dodges doesn't fix the class! Who knew!? Definitely not the rev users with hundreds of hours on the spec that have been telling Anet what the spec needs for months. While lots of people complained about the limited dodging, these people generally were not spending time actually learning the spec. The ones who did (like me) all know that two dodges doesn't matter because the spec still doesn't do enough damage and the support options it gives are bad. Vindicator will continue to be mid tier trash in PvE, not surprising in the least

Also LOL the dodge was SO GOOD in PvP that it actually had to be nerfed multiple times?? But then they split the dodge anyway? lmao

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8