Arah Path 1 is way too difficult

The truth is Arah is still harder than alot of other, more modern content (even T4 Fractals). This is because it was severel overtuned at release and is anywhere from 4-5x the difficulty of the dungeon proceeding it, Crucible of Eternity. Of course this depends alot of path, but if you want a smooth run take a meta comp (Quick, Alac, Heal, DPS) or do skips using Mesmers, Scrappers and Thieves.

I'm not sure if full clears were done even in its prime, we always just skipped most of it.

Just an FYI, account level doesn't mean anything. Someone can be level 455 and still doesn't know what a meta build is or how to play it properly, and the difference in skill levels between players is up to 10x, meaning a party of newbies has an effective power level of 5 while a party of experienced veterans has an effective power level of 50, despite being the same amount of players.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

So ... what do you actually know about the boss? Either the group figures it out on their own or they have to look it up. If the group did neither then they have decided to set themselves up for failure.

Mastery level means about as much as AP which is absolutely meaningless.

Expecting mastery level to mean something is like expecting a 100 year old person to be an expert at everything IRL.

Mastery points are not a measure of the quality of your build nor of your ability to play it well. Perhaps consider posting your build(s) for some constructive feedback. Making this content easier risks making it trivial.

Edited by Ashen.2907

I remember path 4 seemed the most difficult for me. Took over an hour to complete (I was a complete noob back then running full nomad's thief). Pro tip: when doing a dungeon for the first time or after a long break it's a good idea to google a guide or run with at least 1 experienced player than can explain.

• Like 1

It usually helps if you have a few experienced players with you who have patience to show you the ropes. But you can prepare yourself by searching YouTube for some guides on the dungeon patch so you have a slight idea of what you can expect. That makes it easier for the experienced player as well because that makes the explaining easier.

Most important is to pick up the mechanics. Builds are less important because there has been quite some power creep since the release of the dungeons, but you still should take mechanics in consideration. If mechanics require you to run fast, clear many conditions or break the break bar, it helps to take skills that do so.

• Like 1