boyce keeping it real

felix.2386

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed. I've only been playing with it a few hours at this point, so maybe I'll change my mind, but the new changes feel pretty underwhelming.

Idk if it's a bug, but adrenal healing and Berserker's Power still only proccing on hit is a huge blow to the value of those traits. 

Defense Spellbreaker feels decent, but you have to run Zerker/eagle (in PvP at least) to do any damage.

Core War, power zerker, condizerker, and bladesworn feel about the same; maybe a little bit better but not much. 

Le sigh.... 

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Wasn't AH and BP already only on hit?

It was, but the way it was described in the preview notes (and current tooltip) said adrenaline spent, suggesting that you just needed to use the burst to get the traits. They even contrasted this with cleansing ire, which they clarified that you still need to hit your target in order to proc the trait.

So... I'm hoping it's just a bug. And one that gets fixed soon (unlike many of Bladesworn's infamous examples that have been present for months).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

It was, but the way it was described in the preview notes (and current tooltip) said adrenaline spent, suggesting that you just needed to use the burst to get the traits. They even contrasted this with cleansing ire, which they clarified that you still need to hit your target in order to proc the trait.

So... I'm hoping it's just a bug. And one that gets fixed soon (unlike many of Bladesworn's infamous examples that have been present for months).

I think the wording is the same as it was before, there's even a note in the wiki saying that even though it doesn't say it needs to hit, you still need to hit.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I think the wording is the same as it was before, there's even a note in the wiki saying that even though it doesn't say it needs to hit, you still need to hit.

I'm fine with still needing to hit with them, however what I am not fine with is that with Full Counter and Longbow you do not need to hit anything. Either change that or make every Warrior burst skill work the same.

For context;
Full Counter just needs to be triggered, its attack after being triggered does not need to hit.
Longbow just needs to drop the AoE on the ground, doesn't need to touch anything.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Could be. Point is, the traits should have proc'd off burst use and not burst hit. Like we've been advocating for for months.

Could be that it was just a miscommunication and I (and others on this forum) heard what we wanted to hear in the patch notes' ambiguous language. Doesn't make it any less disappointing.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I was watching that same Boyce stream.  I'm a mediocre pvp-er by comparison but, just wanna say, felt validated when he said (paraphrasing) "where's the fxkin damage" while he was playing P-Berserker.  He also admitted he hasn't played P-Berserker in a while, so must've surprised him how bad it really is.

I've been saying that weeks ago.  Some folks here discussing how we should be fine with just a sprinkle of resistance/protection here and there, and I was like, nah, we seriously, SERIOUSLY need damage for the amount of inherent disadvantages we have to play around with.  Our telegraphed attacks need to be prepped with feints to land.  Our dive, escape and survival options need to be planned out 5 moves ahead of other classes.  There has to be pay-off somewhere.

Nothing significant has changed with how my P-Berserker plays now in sPVP after the 'warrior buffs patch'.

• Thanks 3

For some reason I was getting him in my unranked games during the last short season (3v3 I think), him on untamed (lb+gs), me as usual on str dagger spb. Felt like I was fighting a magician tbh. No surprise he thinks its kitten :) There is just so much more of everything on some other professions.

@crewthief.8649The thing is testing through changes on warr espec takes like 1 hour maybe even less. It's just way too simple class to do some theorycrafting. There's just none.  Most of our traitlines consist of traits that are just split across the whole traitline which reduce any cool or interesting builds existance possibility to minimum. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Could be. Point is, the traits should have proc'd off burst use and not burst hit. Like we've been advocating for for months.

Could be that it was just a miscommunication and I (and others on this forum) heard what we wanted to hear in the patch notes' ambiguous language. Doesn't make it any less disappointing.

Yeah, I originally was thinking it'd auto proc on use too but then I remembered this is Anet we're talking about and we play warrior.

10 hours ago, CaffeeCup.5742 said:

Yeah, I was watching that same Boyce stream.  I'm a mediocre pvp-er by comparison but, just wanna say, felt validated when he said (paraphrasing) "where's the fxkin damage" while he was playing P-Berserker.  He also admitted he hasn't played P-Berserker in a while, so must've surprised him how bad it really is.

I've been saying that weeks ago.  Some folks here discussing how we should be fine with just a sprinkle of resistance/protection here and there, and I was like, nah, we seriously, SERIOUSLY need damage for the amount of inherent disadvantages we have to play around with.  Our telegraphed attacks need to be prepped with feints to land.  Our dive, escape and survival options need to be planned out 5 moves ahead of other classes.  There has to be pay-off somewhere.

Nothing significant has changed with how my P-Berserker plays now in sPVP after the 'warrior buffs patch'.

I agree with you on the aspects about Berserker, and Core for that matter as well as Spellbreaker, needing damage bumps. They need to address this somehow because we have no pay off for how we have to not only build adrenaline to land our bursts, but our bursts are also the things giving us our direct damage increases (Berserker's Power) or in Berserker's case Berserk mode. Our Might generation outside of Tactics is mostly non-existent, and our damage even with Might even then still isn't even really there all while our sustain has either been gated behind, recently, spamming Shouts or in the past (and now again) behind needing to land our very telegraphed burst skills to maintain Adrenal Health stacks. Really isn't fun watching Scrappers, Holosmiths, Vindicators, Heralds, etc just low effort regenerating health while our damage doesn't even come close to theirs still.

However I do have one thing to just comment on about sPvP; Conquest is a problem. It has been a problem for years. It promotes some of the most egregiously gross gameplay and "meta" I've seen from really any MMORPG and I've played a lot. Its on the level of RMP in WoW in how consistently disgusting it is. It genuinely got so bad that they had to remove things from sPvP. Remove character build options. Those things weren't the problem, Conquest and how it works is the problem. There is a reason the Deathmatch modes really put on display how overbearing some classes can be (i.e Firebrand, Scourge, etc) because when you boil it down to just the combat and not the, in my opinion, unhealthy way that Conquest is played as a PvP mode thats when the design and balance issues with classes get put on full display.

• Like 1