Best Vidicator Ever, thanks ANET, perma dodge

Skill.6741

8 hours ago, Mara.6782 said:

Like always ruin everything in pve too because of wvw. You can split skills and traits so why not?

Well seems like they hit wvw and pvp way harder, anyone tried vindi at wvw and pve after hotfixes?

For pve i hope the dodge spam main idea stays with either alac or quickness option added somehow, well for supp option since before any changes it was just dead, and rn is only missing only 1 of those 2 boons

it isnt that huge of a nerf, i mean energy mend realy was there for show, i hope they just rework it completely with something legend related, as for endurance gain... well i run a shiro/jalis dps vindi, and i could do 4-5 dodges consecutively on any fight if i did it right, now ill do just 3-4, worse, but not realy a huge nerf, we still have energy sigil

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Vindicator probably doesn't need the enhanced Vigor on Song of Arboreum anymore. Assuming the majority of Vindicators are running double energy in competitive (they should be), there's no real reason why we should be getting any more than the standard regen from Vigor (especially when combined with Retribution tree's extra 25%) - my entire life since the patch has been people telling me I'm dodging too often or whatever, and with double energy + 25% from Retribution, the improved Vigor does seem a little much.

I'm not saying to get rid of Song of Arboreum entirely, but I do think that a rework of that master tier of traits in some capacity is in order. We're already geared up to dodge as much as possible to get the most out of our grandmaster traits.

I enjoyed Vindicator already when it was one dodge, so I don't really care what direction they go with it, I'll probably be fine. 2 dodges feels really good, especially the increased speed of the dodges, but it's a bit much between energy meld + improved vigor.

tl;dr - rework energy meld so it does something else (maybe make it so it grants vigor + another boon? or just something else entirely), remove the increased Vigor contribution on Song of Arboreum (Vigor on dodge is good enough) and you're probably on to a winner.

edit: the other solution I was thinking of was just 2 75 endurance dodges, but keep everything else the same.

Edited by Esufer.8762
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Esufer.8762 said:

Vindicator probably doesn't need the enhanced Vigor on Song of Arboreum anymore. Assuming the majority of Vindicators are running double energy in competitive (they should be), there's no real reason why we should be getting any more than the standard regen from Vigor (especially when combined with Retribution tree's extra 25%) - my entire life since the patch has been people telling me I'm dodging too often or whatever, and with double energy + 25% from Retribution, the improve Vigor does seem a little much.

I'm not saying to get rid of Song of Arboreum entirely, but I do think that a rework of that master tier of traits in some capacity is in order. We're already geared up to dodge as much as possible to get the most out of our grandmaster traits.

I enjoyed Vindicator already when it was one dodge, so I don't really care what direction they go with it, I'll probably be fine. 2 dodges feels really good, especially the increased speed of the dodges, but it's a bit much between energy meld + improved vigor.

tl;dr - rework energy meld so it does something else (maybe make it so it grants vigor + another boon? or just something else entirely), remove the increased Vigor contribution on Song of Arboreum (Vigor on dodge is good enough) and you're probably on to a winner.

edit: the other solution I was thinking of was just 2 75 endurance dodges.

This sounds about right. I switched from the retribution line to devastation and didn’t even notice a decrease in dodges. 

• Confused 1