I was able to solo three champions at the same time with my Rifle Mechanist

A Hamster.2580

Yesterday, I was doing the night time meta in Verdant Brink and stumbled on the trio of champions at the top. It was just me and another mesmer there. The mesmer got hit and went into downstate at the very beginning of the fight. I think them being there might have scaled the three champions up even more.

Anyway, I let my 48k hp behemoth of a mech face tanked the three champions while I spammed Rifle 1 from a safe distance. Whenever they managed to kill my mech, I just use my elite skill to summon another one lol. If one of the champions got a little too close to me, I simply use rifle 5 or shift signet to reposition myself. In the end, I managed to solo the three champions + the extra champion that spawned at the end with plenty of time left.

I feel that even with the minor dps nerf today, I can still easily solo the trio of champions again mostly because of my mech's tankiness.

Anet, if you are reading this, please nerf the mechanist in November. It is still too strong.

Edit 10/6/22:

Alright for those claiming other classes can solo a champion, that was probably before they heavily nerfed self-sustaining traits. I forgot to mention that I did it in full berserker gears, not celestial/trailblazers/dragon/soldiers. And this was 3 champions at the same time. 

This was also a first try attempt too, no practice. If someone more skilled than me was to attempt this, they can probably do a "no-hit" run where the 3 champions never hit them a single time. The 48k hp mech tanking and the mechanist instant mobility skills are simply too good.

Edited by A Hamster.2580
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 14

The meta bosses have been a joke for awhile now due to power creep. Hot was released seven years ago btw. Do you think mech is the only elite spec that can solo these? If you do you are wrong and should then be calling out the other specs that can do it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

17 minutes ago, Zez.9018 said:

The meta bosses have been a joke for awhile now due to power creep. Hot was released seven years ago btw. Do you think mech is the only elite spec that can solo these? If you do you are wrong and should then be calling out the other specs that can do it.

Don't encourage them!  They'll probably nerf weaver in reaction to this! 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Thats what happen when you have a class even a monkey with severed hands and feets can play and outperform specs who need 20 fingers to get full value out of them

They used to make fun of me for being born with 20 fingers.  Who's laughing now?

::ANet nerfs ele::

Nooooo!  My freak hands are useless!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Can we nerf Bladesworn, Catalyst, Mirage, Scourge, Soulbeast, Deadeye, Berserker,Weaver, Holosmith, Scrapper,Daredevil in the process ? I can easily solo champion(s) with these class as well, they must be extremely OP

Imagine thinking a class is OP/broken because you can solo champion in 2022. It really makes you wonder if people even improve at playing this game

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Can we nerf Bladesworn, Catalyst, Mirage, Scourge, Soulbeast, Deadeye, Berserker,Weaver, Holosmith, Scrapper,Daredevil in the process ? I can easily solo champion(s) with these class as well, they must be extremely OP

Imagine thinking a class is OP/broken because you can solo champion in 2022. It really makes you wonder if people even improve at playing this game

Alright for those claiming other classes can solo a champion, that was probably before they heavily nerfed self-sustaining traits. I forgot to mention that I did it in full berserker gears, not celestial/trailblazers/dragon/soldiers. And this was 3 champions at the same time. 

This was also a first try attempt too, no practice. If someone more skilled than me was to attempt this, they can probably do a "no-hit" run where the 3 champions never hit them a single time. The 48k hp mech tanking and the mechanist instant mobility skills are simply too good.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

you are right. mech needs stealth.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

Some fights are better suited to a particular build's advantages.  Mech just happens to have pretty much all of them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

If we're judging specs based on Open World now, then Mirage is the #1 priority to be nerfed. 

I can run full glass gear (Viper). Slap on Energy/Stamina sigils. Run 2 staffs, and proceed to solo champions while evade/invuln spamming through their damage and applying permenant damage reduction, protection, and regeneration to myself. As an added bonus, my clones (which I do not shatter) draw aggro away from me. 

My entire rotation consists of auto attacks and the dodge key. I apply permenant alacrity and 25 stacks of might to myself. I deal about 14k dps solo against any mob that survives long enough for my condis to stack up. while not sweating my rotation. 

Against squishier mobs, they serve as endurnance fodder for my stamina sigils. 

If I or one of my clones randomly kills a mob I refresh my endurance and can continue evade spamming to my heart's content. If I REALLY want to sweat, I can run dodge food to achieve near-immortality. 

I've used this to solo the avatar of balthazar, several bounties, hero points, various champions, dungeons, fractals, all while being semi-distracted by youtube on my second monitor. 

Needless to say, balancing around open world is dumb, but i'm sure people will find whatever excuses they can to complain about Mech. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 13

On 10/6/2022 at 4:12 AM, Zez.9018 said:

Do it with any other spec while only doing 5-10 keystrokes/minute and tell us how it went.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

I am running my weaver full berserker , dps traits , with sword dagger and get beated the crap by a fly ? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ???????

Ranged builds are always going to have an easier time surviving than melee, especially when they have a mech that draws enemies to it like a magnet!

If you want better sustain on weaver, however, try condi weaver.  Even in glass gear (e.g. viper) it has significantly better sustain than power weaver because it rotates through earth as part of its damage rotation and it uses focus offhand rather than dagger.  You also have the option of using tanky stats like celestial or trailblazer.  Your damage takes a hit, but you're dramatically harder to kill.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2022 at 12:16 PM, A Hamster.2580 said:

I can solo champion or even some legendaries using Scrapper with full berserker and maybe some diviner gear for concentration. Bulkware gyro for obvious survivability and either quickness or more damage on might, dunno.

Does that means Scrapper is OP and needs to be nerfed ? 

Edited by Alcatraznc.3869
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

I can solo champion or even some legendaries using Scrapper with full berserker and maybe some diviner gear for concentration. Bulkware gyro for obvious survivability and either quickness or more damage on might, dunno.

It sure doesn't.  Although, I would make the distinction between "some champions and legendaries" and the VB boss trio.  Doing that on a melee build in berserker gear is, well, I've certainly never done it, seen anyone else do it, or even heard of anyone doing it.  On a ranged build is another story, but I expect it still wouldn't be a walk in the park without a big green tank to distract those champs!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Can you do it using only skill #1 for attacking and rarely letting the three champions get close to you? If yes, then Scrapper should get nerfed too :classic_smile:

Oh and I used the Snowcrows mech build, which uses no defensive traits

Edited by A Hamster.2580
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

I think what the OP means is that with 0 knowledge on the game , mech pew pew is the easiest build/effectiveness/survivability/range compromise , though mech had a significant nerf , looses approx 4k damage.

But when you know the game you can certainly accomplish the same thing with any class . A weaver full celestial playing arcane and water is certainly able to do all those things, but only if you know your class , using mech you dont have to know your class you can just pew pew all over the place and not even knowing what each skill does . But lets not puke more on the mech , he got the nerf he deserved , let it be.