Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Vindicator is 2015 Bound Dare devil all over again


Hadi.3167

Recommended Posts

The evade spamming is excessive i thought this was going to be fixed? Half the fight the dude is dodging in the air. Why is this in the game ? Ok people abusing it having fun but the other team is just sitting there unable to deal any damage because support Vindicator is literally just dodge spamming heals infinitely.  How are these changes new player friendly? Released to steam and people just abusing the same builds, Mechanist dealing insane damage even in downstate... Condition boon builds, and supports that are clearly broken like Aura share ele's and now Dodge spam vindicators. 

Edited by Sazukikrah.5036
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think that the design was originaly one dodge and tons of endurance recovery, and it was awfull, in wvw for example you rarely saw vindis because the one dodge just was too limiting, now with too and the same endurance sources it is broken, but theyre nerfing it even by a bit, yes it can still be strong but i think they will rework the endurance traits on vindi and give something new.

As for new player friendly... well mec was completely overpowered on steam launch, is that friendly, to see 7 mecs in a scuad everywere? theyre changing things bit by bit so dont despair, calm down, and if you feel oppresed think that before vindi were very bad, now theyre very good, now willbender is strong roaming, maybe next patch it will be nerfed, at least the steps are in a good direction.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

Wrong!!  Most people don’t play Vindicator in WvW because a Herald build with Hammer is wanted far more by a very wide margin.

 

also, the one dodge was hardly a problem at all considering you have a block on GS, and Staff if you use either, and then several evade skills.

As dps maybe.... but considering that vindi actually puts out stronger boon Support healing and cleanse while still being able to take cele with somewhat okish dps will prob switch up that meta 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2022 at 12:26 AM, Sazukikrah.5036 said:

The evade spamming is excessive i thought this was going to be fixed? Half the fight the dude is dodging in the air. Why is this in the game ? Ok people abusing it having fun but the other team is just sitting there unable to deal any damage because support Vindicator is literally just dodge spamming heals infinitely.  How are these changes new player friendly? Released to steam and people just abusing the same builds, Mechanist dealing insane damage even in downstate... Condition boon builds, and supports that are clearly broken like Aura share ele's and now Dodge spam vindicators. 

Pretty much this, i had fun for a day then started to feel like dodging turning into a chore, 2 dodges really feel fluent but at the same time keeping my endurance not full for Leviathan Strength uptime becoming a tedious job. Then i realized while before when i had one dodge i'll just wait for it to hit back to full and dodge then forget about it, if something came up i can just block or use shiro's dodge but now i have to manage 3 resources all together Energy - Cooldown - Endurance completely neglecting block and others defensive skills due to how quick my endurance get back up. Maybe its just me being sucked but i mess up my rotation more with 2 dodges rather than 1.

Edited by Eros.6801
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

Wrong!!  Most people don’t play Vindicator in WvW because a Herald build with Hammer is wanted far more by a very wide margin.

 

also, the one dodge was hardly a problem at all considering you have a block on GS, and Staff if you use either, and then several evade skills.

Naw brah your wrong. In groups vindi wasn’t able to keep up with movements of a organized tight guild/group. Hearing the tag say dodge twice welp I’m dead. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

Naw brah your wrong. In groups vindi wasn’t able to keep up with movements of a organized tight guild/group. Hearing the tag say dodge twice welp I’m dead. 

But daredevil still has 3 dodges, that must mean it's the most desirable tight guild/group build that the tags want? Imagine them saying dodge thrice!

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

But daredevil still has 3 dodges, that must mean it's the most desirable tight guild/group build that the tags want? Imagine them saying dodge thrice!

the thing is daredevil only has area dmgbon bounce abd staff 5, it has no good area dmg, while vindi has both gs and hammer, as well as jalis, shiro and even aliance, that means vindi is better suited for big zerg fights, probem was, as the other person said, that movility wise it was difficult to keep up, shiro dodge is allwais backwards, gs3 has little range and then teleports if posible, gs4 is good but its better to use when dmg spikes so you can block, stack and then hit hard, also the dodge was often used for evading or positioning wich made its secondary effect, be it dmg heal or the boon one, be kinda irrelevant as you used and then spent half the fight without dodge and having made little use of it

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

Wrong again, brah. You don’t play vindicator at all in organized group play. 

In a public group it’s still better then what some folks are running. In a closed tag guild group or whatever of course herald is better. Just like no one would run ren either 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

In a public group it’s still better then what some folks are running. In a closed tag guild group or whatever of course herald is better. Just like no one would run ren either 

People did run ren though and vindi has better might Regen and prot uptime than herald

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...