Golden Joystick Awards Nomination

Ashen.2907

The nominations are given by games journalists but then again End of Dragons and games journalists are probably a match made in heaven. So disregard my previous input, it probably would have been strange not to see it on this list.

Edited by Mortime.1359
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Mortime.1359 said:

Even if it wasn't going against Endwalker I wouldn't be so sure about it. While there are plenty of people who liked EoD there are also plenty of people who absolutely didn't like it. A polarizing expansion to say the least.

The story itself was a bit meh but the gameplay improvements, the zones themselves, the storytelling/cinematography (different concepts that the story itself) etc. were all top notch so i don't agree at all.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Mortime.1359 said:

Even if it wasn't going against Endwalker I wouldn't be so sure about it. While there are plenty of people who liked EoD there are also plenty of people who absolutely didn't like it. A polarizing expansion to say the least.

Endwalker was a very weak xpac tho outside of the story. EOD has a stupid amount of more content. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

I’m conflicted. It’s a long way their weakest expansion for me which I don’t want to see repeated, but I also want GW2 to continue getting good press and win some awards. The game as a whole certainly deserves accolades.

Ah well, I’ve no vested interest in the other listed games (Cuphead is the only one I’ll ever play from that list) so hopefully it’ll do well 

1 hour ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Curious, what did EW do better than EOD exactly? I've played both to completion and EW is completely void of content compared to EOD.

Yee, I play both, sometimes at same time and like both games but to me Endwalker is just a way better story experience; I'd be really surprised if it doesn't win. It's very well written with likeable characters I'd do anything to protect (Especially G'raha Tia), or in the villain's case, likeable but needs destroyed. While this one's characters are growing more exhausting than likeable, which makes the story not as good as it could be~ plus Anet panders to a very specific audience instead of everyone.

Scenes in Endwalker are so good I kept rewatching them on Youtube and other peoples' reaction videos. The final boss fights are a spectacular display of art, effects, writing and music that actually hypes you up. Best of all you can actually see what is happening with it's accessibility options (hiding other player's effects). It kinda ruins the mood when an epic battle devolves into a giant ball of blinding light in GW2. 

I never enjoyed an MMO story more than the last 2 FFXIV expansions that literally brought tears to my eyes even during wholesome scenes and not just the tragic ones~ it feels like the kinda story quality a good single player JRPG would give except it's fulla online frens. I just didn't have that level of feelz from EoD story. 

As for a few important non story related things; FF finally redesigned my favorite job for the xpan; "Summoner." XD Now I can summon a giant god and nuke the living kitten out of things again like I could in FFXI which made my playthrough more enjoyable. 😛

Here; my Thief still suffers as the devs struggle so much to balance it for all modes while neglecting fun and rationality. Maybe it also needs scrapped for a new design. Today I joined a full 50 player WvW squad that had 0 Thieves of any spec cuz no one wants them, not even their new EoD support build.

FFXIV also continues pumping out superior MMO fashion with this xpan for all genders; which is the absolute biggest miss in all of GW2~ I'd certainly like to see these things improved here. 😗

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Bookah pls.9352 said:

Where do i find this content?

Open your achievement menu and sort for EOD Zones and for the EOD story achievement challenges. You will also find some your profession specific collections. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Yee, I play both, sometimes at same time and like both games but to me Endwalker is just a way better story experience; I'd be really surprised if it doesn't win. It's very well written with likeable characters I'd do anything to protect (Especially G'raha Tia), or in the villain's case, likeable but needs destroyed. While this one's characters are growing more exhausting than likeable, which makes the story not as good as it could be~ plus Anet panders to a very specific audience instead of everyone.

Scenes in Endwalker are so good I kept rewatching them on Youtube and other peoples' reaction videos. The final boss fights are a spectacular display of art, effects, writing and music that actually hypes you up. Best of all you can actually see what is happening with it's accessibility options (hiding other player's effects). It kinda ruins the mood when an epic battle devolves into a giant ball of blinding light in GW2. 

I never enjoyed an MMO story more than the last 2 FFXIV expansions that literally brought tears to my eyes even during wholesome scenes and not just the tragic ones~ it feels like the kinda story quality a good single player JRPG would give except it's fulla online frens. I just didn't have that level of feelz from EoD story. 

As for a few important non story related things; FF finally redesigned my favorite job for the xpan; "Summoner." XD Now I can summon a giant god and nuke the living kitten out of things again like I could in FFXI which made my playthrough more enjoyable. 😛

Here; my Thief still suffers as the devs struggle so much to balance it for all modes while neglecting fun and rationality. Maybe it also needs scrapped for a new design. Today I joined a full 50 player WvW squad that had 0 Thieves of any spec cuz no one wants them, not even their new EoD support build.

FFXIV also continues pumping out superior MMO fashion with this xpan for all genders; which is the absolute biggest miss in all of GW2~ I'd certainly like to see these things improved here. 😗

I enjoyed the EW story and the music as well...but that's 50ish hours of content.  I thought it was an mmo

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

To be fair, not counting repetition, 50 hours is significantly more than I got out of EoD.

That's mind boggling to me. aprox 20 achievements per story chapter, thats about 100 achievements, then non-story stuff has 7 achievement pages, each with 30 achievements or more (minus the Cantha one has about 14). Then the Strike missions and legendary stuff to keep you busy after that. Masteries as well but those are gained rather passively. Special profession weapon collection skins too, and some other hidden stuff. FFXIV is like...okay do story then do beast tribe repeatables, and then... 2 hours in savage a week...and then...what? Go to dance clubs and ERP parties?

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

Just now, Einsof.1457 said:

That's mind boggling to me. aprox 20 achievements per story chapter, thats about 100 achievements, then non-story stuff has 7 achievement pages, each with 30 achievements or more (minus the Cantha one has about 14). Then the Strike missions and legendary stuff. Masteries as well. Special profession weapon collection skins too, and some other hidden stuff. FFXIV is like...okay do story then do beast tribe repeatables, and then... 2 hours in savage a week. Okay?

Most of what you describe is repeating content from initial play through. Redoing something that I have already done in order to see a number in my hero tab go up is not more content. It is a reason to replay content, sure, but it is a means of padding content to increase played hours stats/perception. If I play the Kaineng Overlook strike 10,000 times at 10 minutes per run in order to make my gold currency counter go up, it is not 100,000 minutes of content.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

It's cool the GW2 got nominated but the voting feels a bit pointless because you had to vote in all the categories so several times I had to pick between games I haven't played (I don't even own a new Xbox) and my vote was either random or based on comments from friends. I suspect a lot of people will have to do the same with at least some categories so a lot of votes will be largely random and therefore meaningless.

(Also a lot of these online polls come down to whose fans can program the most bots to vote repeatedly.)