Get mastery

1 hour ago, jocatebr.4638 said:

I can't get the mastery.
I've been doing the kitchen quest for weeks.
Does anyone know where I can get it?
p.s. IF you can buy etc.

Nope you cant get it any other way there are plenty of other mastery points in the story and around the path of fire maps tho.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming you are talking about the sous-chef one down in Amnoon, and not the one in Grothmar Valley.  It can be very frustrating to get.  Here are some tips that may make it easier:

1. See if you can get a friend that has herald that can just stand there and passively give you swiftness with Glint Facet of Elements.  If you don't, ask in map chat if someone would be willing - I've done it several times.  The quickness and swiftness really helps you save time moving around the room.
  2. Changing your ground-targeting from Normal to Fast-with-range-indicator (Options Panel under Combat/movement) may help.  Pressing and holding shows you the ground target, releasing the key activates the throw, instead of having to press the key twice to throw.
  3. You have a very large throw range, so utilize it.
  4. Learn his animation - he kind of stands up straight, pauses, then turns and runs to a new location.  If you see him straighten up, hold your throw.  If you know where he's going to stop, throw at that location before he gets there - as long as he's there when the item lands, you get credit.
  5. Each successful throw adds some more time to the timer, so its really important to not miss one.

I've done this on 3 different accounts and not at the same time.  It takes several tries to remember where everything is, so try it once and walk away.

If you're needing mastery points, most of the PoF ones come from achievements.  Look at the one called Reins of the Raptor.  There will be similar ones for Springer, Skimmer, and Jackal when you get to them.

BUT, right now, walk away from the sous-chef mastery point and come back after a week or so.  Repeatedly beating your head against the proverbial wall is counter-productive.  Take a breather and come back to it after the frustration has worn off a little bit.  It still is frustrating to do it, but, coming back fresh is going to make it easier than just continuing to beat your head against it.

Good luck!

• Thanks 3

On 10/8/2022 at 11:49 AM, jocatebr.4638 said:

I can't get the mastery.
I've been doing the kitchen quest for weeks.
Does anyone know where I can get it?
p.s. IF you can buy etc.

If you're are unable to get this one, there are plenty of other Mastery Points.

After several unsuccesful attempts, I just map out the locations of all the items on a piece of paper. Try and memorize their locations. It really helps a lot knowing where to run to right away.

Also, to stress what Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294 suggested, take extra care to aim and throw. Rushing the throw and missing will not get you the achievement.

• Like 1