Would could they do to make

Bast.7253

Staff daredevil more viable in the current meta? I really miss it but it’s just not efficient. We have vindicator with a very similar playstyle but great sword 5 does more damage and has a wider radius than vault.

the actual evade window of vault is also crap compared to the animation. 

On 10/8/2022 at 8:53 PM, Bast.7253 said:

Staff daredevil more viable in the current meta? I really miss it but it’s just not efficient. We have vindicator with a very similar playstyle but great sword 5 does more damage and has a wider radius than vault.

the actual evade window of vault is also crap compared to the animation. 

Staff daredevil will never ever be viable in higher tiers. Simply because the Vaultanimations and such are so telegraphed that you can simply dodge them and CC right after. Its to easily counterplayable, that not even a flat 30% damage increase would make a difference.

They can only realistically hit one big hit.... and only if they use Steal right before they land.

I mean... thats personally speaking.... but i think evading the dmg from a staff thief is too easy.

I think even more damage on Vault would make it legit toxic to play against, you could probably literally oneshot other Thieves/Mesmers with it on a good day. There's too much power loaded already in that one skill, the other buttons could use some love, maybe #3 could do something more than basically just remove immob for 5 ini since you can't chain these, it's a backwards dodge roll anyway.

Also you can't even guarantee one Vault hit with Swipe because they specifically blocked that interaction, you only can do that with Bound.