Playing sPVP Right Now May Not Be The Best Idea

stormemperor.3745

5 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

considering all the issues plaguing pvp gameplay, that is not a good sign at all...

What issues are you plaguing? The biggest Problem is in my eyes that we don't have enaugh Players playing, almost everything Else Results Out of it and the Rest are learn2play issues

1 minute ago, Avatar.3568 said:

What issues are you plaguing? The biggest Problem is in my eyes that we don't have enaugh Players playing, almost everything Else Results Out of it and the Rest are learn2play issues

have you even seen the number of shadowsteps in the game right now? you cant learn to play against instant teleportation as you will already take damage from out of sight making them uncounterable utilities to have, nevermind the immortality combos, unreasonable damage values on some abilities, effective permanent stability on numerous classes making the FT nerf a joke and that isn't even getting into the bugs

• Like 8

Tbh to me, spvp on this season its a bad taste joke, last was kind ok, but actually 3/4 of the games a lot of people look like bots , i understand spvp its hard to new players, but current state of leagues its absolutly useless, and frustrating  for veterans who go afk coz see s new ppl runnig around like chickens without head and doing nosenses, and new players getting stomp without any chance to survive, i dont care lose or not, but dont like most of the games on this season that seems , as u say before a circus.

At least that my experience this season

14 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Well the Game is in the best State (besides vindi) since Feb 2020

Population has imploded. Balance is irrelevant when low silvers an plats are mixed together on regular basis and most of matches ends in snowballing and players quiting.. You could argue in 2020 that PvP was in bad health or dying, but 2022 has undoubtely killed PvP... You can feel the stench of the rooting corpse even permeating beyond PvP an reaching other game modes.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 2

I've always loved the combat mechanics of this game but as of late, IDK, I'd log on and queue to quench my competitive thirst but then thought, 'ugh, what for and why, will I even have fun?' then leave queue and log off.  

Maybe I just need a break from the game but the diminishing population makes everything less fun and exciting. 

I really dont understand you people. The balance is really good atm, if you complain about people being Bots then you gotta reflect on why you are on an Elo where people are playing like that. Saying its dead is not doing anything at all + is actually not true, at least on higher level there are a lot of people playing rn and its pretty fun

You can argue that there are quite a lot of shadow steps atm but for most of the combos there is an animation you can see beforehand + it makes the game fast paced = fun

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tomal.7516 said:

I really dont understand you people. The balance is really good atm, if you complain about people being Bots then you gotta reflect on why you are on an Elo where people are playing like that. Saying its dead is not doing anything at all + is actually not true, at least on higher level there are a lot of people playing rn and its pretty fun

You can argue that there are quite a lot of shadow steps atm but for most of the combos there is an animation you can see beforehand + it makes the game fast paced = fun

because it is 100% possible to see people winding up through walls and under floors and in some cases while in stealth

4 minutes ago, Tomal.7516 said:

Saying its dead is not doing anything at all + is actually not true, at least on higher level there are a lot of people playing rn and its pretty fun

LARGEST balance patch for PvP since the EoD release in late February came 10 DAYS AGO and despite that  you already can see how the streaming scene is mostly dead quiet. Most of players which played PvP in the past and newcomers just don't care.

A recent podcast from Teapot featuring Helseth and Naru also showcased a lot of ligth over the issue: if you make 3 v3 or 2 v 2 permanent ranked Conquest would just dissapear (already faded away, anyway).

Teapot is struggling to gain any track/enthusiasm for people to play team PvE content, now figure a competitive game mode which didn't get any new feature/content to look for since the introduction of Trascendence in early 2020. The  Icebrood Saga + a whole new expansion with no new amulets, runes, sigils, game modes, rewards...  Two years of lethargic balance patches followed by a frentic attempt to properly support PvP with a more frequent pace of actualizations when ANet noticed how deep the entrophy has grasped PvP...  Too litle too late.

• Like 2