Can someone please explain why blood magic is used on core necro and reaper?

Iceflame.5024

Hello!

Matabattle still displays both core and reaper pvp builds using blood magic. Hardstuck displays core necro with blood magic. This is me speaking from a strictly solo Q perspective but I do not quite see much use from the blood magic tree these days. I guess allies not bleeding out when you are close is powerful but the rezzing potential that it gives may be negligible when in a lot of situations it is not advisable to go for a rez. The grandmaster traits are all meh. The builds tell you to go for unholy martyr but the nature of this trait in itself is random when you pull 5 conditions from allies each time you enter shroud. You might really get screwed sometimes if you pull some bad condies at you in a bad moment. Also this trait got nerfed from consuming 3 conditions to now consume only 2 when leaving shroud and also now gaining only 3% life force per consumed condition instead of the previous 7%. It got hit really hard and I am not entirely sure why. Instead of blood magic you could go spite and have spinal shivers with dread which can make a really nice life blast burst with that quickness when fearing as a core necro.

I also have a question regarding off hand dagger. I abandoned it for quite some time and was enjoying focus even on a terrormancer build. The huge chunk of life force from focus 4 is really nice compared to the almost non existent life force generation on scepter+dagger while spinal shivers can crit for 5+ k on targets with 3 boons. I have been using off hand dagger lately and can see it being good utility with the condi transfer/blind/weakness but I still think that it should not be mandatory like it seems to be.

Edited by Iceflame.5024

Ritual of Life is great for rezzing allies.
Vampiric Presence is group sustain, and group dps increase, even if by a small amount.
Unholy Martyr pulls lots of condis off of your team (good thing) you can hop out of shroud to cleanse (good thing). You also have Spectral Walk and Consume Conditions to pulse removal, or batch remove for extra LF or healing respectively (both good things).

If you go Curses you can trait so that you transfer conditions when you attack after entering shroud, there is a very obvious synergy here with UM.

If the sustain from Blood Magic is not something you feel you need, even Metabattle has a Spite variant to use instead for Reaper, and for Core there is nothing stopping you from swapping it out for Death Magic for selfish sustain.

That said, Blood Magic is group sustain, which is why it is important.

Thanks for your reply but the sustain is so low. When playing solo its not very team orinented and as I mentioned going for rezes is very risky a lot of times. I do have the curse 2 condi transfer but unholy martyr was way better before while still being quite random. Thing is you cant really cleanse leftover or additional conditions when you are in shroud after the initial transfer fromt he trait. The conditions might also run out before you decide to exit shroud so you wont consume anything.

Edited by Iceflame.5024

It works really well for peelmance playing wh, wh is a slept on weapon fear and swiftness aoe dps and ds gain its very strong useing be4 going into ds.

Great peel for team mates and can get stuck in more. Its a safe all around i only want to play necro build. Theres not much more reason to it. 

If u ol

Edited by Goldilock.2584
  • Confused 1

I was using warhorn with banshee's veil before they changed it. Now it just sucks compared to what it was before. You say it is aoe dps but the life force gain and damage is minimal while requiring you to be in melee range. The fear may be nice but the unbloackable daze was a way better peel. Daze has less counterplay than fear and the unblockable part was a huge deal of the ability. They also reduced the cast time so all in all it is bad compared to what it was and I am not using it anymore.

Everyone never looks at the bigger picture. Axe focus has punp but not 1 shot or aor. It dont stop a rez or peel for peel. Wh gives u the peel for self and team mates u are lacking as no blocks and ports are death once used. Ds is your pump. And u do t need blood to play it u can still play spite. I am not sating its better or worse i am saying its better into diffrent comps. Reaper has 3 solid builds u cam play that are better into diffrent things and u shoyld be mastering all 3 and not just zerk linx spite ace focus or reroll class.

But they defo need to make the fear unblockable

Your soul is mine should remove 1 boon and chill to bone should give u stab still if dont land

Reaper 100 should be made meta because its such a telegraph class so its a super safe bet for anet as a pump. As it has a solid easy to spot kill window. U like core that was still strong outside ds aswell as scourge.

I mean i jave alsways said nec was the best class for noobs cause that random chills and weakness was very helpful vs pump the peel it dont clicking realy kept the meta safer. 

Now necro is out of meta its 100% 500-0 for the team with better players

Edited by Goldilock.2584

The cleanse on exist just makes skill usage flow more flexibly, even if other traits would provide more raw numbers of cleanses like death magic.

pvp is all about reliability, not potential dmg that fails to 1 blind.

seems like necro is bad atm, so it doesnt matter much what u pick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 11:51 AM, felincyriac.5981 said:

well for core, the other options suck (in pvp)

So blood is the one that sucks the least.

Ive been mostly sPVPing when playing this game. I'm not that good and usually going up and down in G3 but I have been enjoying spite with dread for core terromancer for quite some time now. The quickness after doom into life blast spam is really nice.

Edited by Iceflame.5024