Reward for the beta test

14 hours ago, phokus.8934 said:

This is why you don't push updates on a Friday.

Funny thing we told them years ago not to do updates at end of friday cause it interrupted reset, and cause well if something goes wrong it's not getting fixed till monday...

So what did they do?

Why, moved reset to saturday! lmao, till we complained to get it moved back to friday.

Kitten they do patches on tuesday for a reason, they have 4 days after to fix whatever went wrong.

10 years of gw2 like 20 years running gw games and still haven't figured this out.. 🙄

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Jimbru.6014 said:

Unless a patch has gone in within the last hour, yes, it's still bugged.

We do not know what is causing the problem. It could be something simple as a pointer on the server that needs to be set. Since we have things like the Holidays (e.g. Halloween) getting started and ended automatically without a the need to download a patch (because it is all setup with a patch before and just a pointer needs to be reset) it could be something simple and since they did give us the exact ETA when this bug will be fixed, you just need to spend the next 168 hours in the WVW and you MAY be able to unlock the achievement. Unless it will be unlocked when you enter the WVW, than spending 168 hours straight in the WVW may be not even enough.

Don't you all love it, when we have such challenging achievements for something as great at one or more skins?

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

and since they did give us the exact ETA when this bug will be fixed, you just need to spend the next 168 hours in the WVW and you MAY be able to unlock the achievement. Unless it will be unlocked when you enter the WVW, than spending 168 hours straight in the WVW may be not even enough.

Did they? That's news to me. So far their only response about the bug i have seen is that they are aware of it, and looking into it. There was nothing about fixing it, nor was any specific ETA mentioned either.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Did they? That's news to me. So far their only response about the bug i have seen is that they are aware of it, and looking into it. There was nothing about fixing it, nor was any specific ETA mentioned either.

Yep, that seems to be the status quo on the problem.

Would be nice to at least tell us how the skin would be assigned to people playing in the beta, like
a) the game registers you played during the beta test and you will get the item, unlocking the skin sent to you via in-game mail.
b) a new achievement category is created, that only exists during betas, which has to be filled with XYZ activities in WvW during the beta.
c) a new achievement category is created, which has to be filled with XYZ activities in WvW, unlocking progressively with each beta.
d) a WvW reward track is created, that updates after each beta to include the skin (or a skin x out of y) from the final reward chest of the track.
e) a new merchant tab at a "WvW spawn NPC" is created, where you can buy the skin with X currency, a new skin is unlocked at every new beta.

All of those possibilities have been used in game at some point. Would be great if Anet could throw us a bone here with some information.

Edited by Gorani.7205
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Funny thing we told them years ago not to do updates at end of friday cause it interrupted reset, and cause well if something goes wrong it's not getting fixed till monday...

So what did they do?

Why, moved reset to saturday! lmao, till we complained to get it moved back to friday.

Kitten they do patches on tuesday for a reason, they have 4 days after to fix whatever went wrong.

10 years of gw2 like 20 years running gw games and still haven't figured this out.. 🙄

Are you suggesting that they don't care for WvW cornerstone game mode (tm)? What a bold claim...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

So what did they do?

Most games do their updates on Monday or Tuesday with good reason, so if something goes wrong, they have the rest of the week to fix it.

On 10/15/2022 at 9:59 AM, Mabi black.1824 said:

hey, nice that name staff,

but it will tell you one thing (just to make you have 2 laughs) I know what you meant when you used that term, I know which building you were thinking about when you said it........ the pyramid, exactly at the tip of the pyramid, everyone knows that it is the first piece that you can throw away, so the stability of the structure will not notice anything.😊

p.s. in my country (Italy) you can often hear people say: be careful and do not trust people who never laugh.

wow I took 12 confused so far, my joke did not come for real, maybe I translated it badly into English, or maybe you are 12 people who never laugh ; Remember....... Don't trust people who never laugh

• Confused 4

No access to the new achievements and no more word yet on what's going on with that. Hopefully the problem will be fixed later today or at least we will get an update on what's going on and perhaps on what the achievements will be once the Anet work day starts. One can hope but I'm not holding my breath though.

1 hour ago, Nagash.5307 said:

Looking for an update from anet regarding to this. Should I keep playing WvW or what?

There's still Call of a War buff which makes farming various rewards tracks way easier. You can for example, farm couple of Gift of The Battles now.

"couple of Gift of the Battles" ... would probably mean a lot of time - even with the buff. People regularly enjoying WvW might just take it as additional bonus (and would have gotten the reward track completions by normal play). Players only playing a limited time ... who already have spent that time at the weekend maybe - might be better of waiting ... if they just want the beta rewards and use a minimum additional time.

I do not think they will be able to track the past time you spend in WvW during the week. (Unless it is a simple login check or checking the weekly chests. But there they should not require a lot.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

Here is a crazy idea - since you get a bonus +1 PIP for completing wood chest the previous week and this counts as you being active in wvw, why not use it as an indicator during the beta? A simple check to track players participation in wvw beta.
Wood chest done == participated in beta == send the beta participation reward

Edited by Max Out.5732
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, saerni.2584 said:

Ante's work day began a little over an hour ago assuming 9-5. So I'd give them until the end of the day to come out with a hot fix patch.

I doubt they would hotfix a WVW achievement today when there is a PVE patch tomorrow October 18, 2022 for Halloween. There isn't incentive for Arenanet to roll out an additional update.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

I doubt they would hotfix a WVW achievement today when there is a PVE patch tomorrow October 18, 2022 for Halloween. There isn't incentive for Arenanet to roll out an additional update.

True, especially if the achievement is just a placeholder for skins eventually being released.

The Pip rewards need to be fixed before the next Beta week.  I keep getting removed from t1 WvW server only to be placed on a server people run from fights or zergs have zero tactics and get cleared out by every encounter. I mean seriously who thinks taking on a garrison with 15 people with 40+ person zerg inside and places down a ram at gate is a good idea. 

The pip rewards being connected to other players not playing or gearing for WvW is frustrating.   I would recommend either fix the Pip system so it does not rely on WvW team score or change Raid rewards based on how all the other raids succeeded or fail.   Oh yeah change PvP rewards based on other teams win lose record combined with your teams win lose record.   

• Confused 5