Reward for the beta test

Why are people asking for backtrack credit for achies that aren't there? You don't even know what they are? If you play for the achies, the first thing you do is look for them and if they aren't there, you can't complain that you still kept playing regardless :classic_tongue:  It's like the time they had to reroll servers and caused serverdowntime to reset them and the people who tried to log in during that time all got a mount license, while the people who didn't bother logging in because they were aware of the issues or were notified by friends got nothing. If there are compensations, it should be for everyone, not just for those who played or not because you have no idea what the requirements for the compensation would be, is it wooden chest, is it an amount of hours, is it world exp, you don't know.. 

That being said, the communication is just nowhere to be seen as usual. They acknowledge the bug once, then there's utter silence and zero ETA on when it might be resolved or what the achies would look like so we could at least have an idea how much time we'll need to spend on it. Now we have to keep on checking the forums hoping to see some update, only to come back to see there's no update on the issue whatsoever and we just have to guess whether it will be fixed within this beta or not at all.

And why is there still not some kind of notification on the login news tab when bugs like these occur? Not everyone comes to the forums to know what's up with those achievements not being available, just have some kind of bug tab above the latest news section on the login prompt with your mail/pw and the play button when these things happen so people instantly know they're bugged and don't need to look for them ingame, and update it to "solved issue A/B/whatever" when it's fixed. That's called open and clear communication. Even better would be to add an estimated ETA on a hotfix or if there's really no idea about the time, just completely delay the update till a time of which you're certain that it would be fixed. In this case: delay the entire beta achievement stuff till the next beta for example if you don't know an ETA on a fix and half of the week has already passed by now anyway. But at least provide clarity to your community and communicate instead of a "hey, sorry about the bug, we know about it, we'll get back to you at some point in the future, stay tuned" and then go into silence mode :classic_ninja: 

Even if it does get fixed now, the entire weekend when most of the people were playing is gone, and with h'ween lab farm coming back tomorrow and the first days being most profitable of the entire event, I doubt people who have limited playtime during the week are going to bother with some wvw achies in the evening instead of doing h'ween stuff. This entire beta weekend was already heavily reliant on the first few days before things went sideways. A lot of people from the guilds I'm in, me included, and probably a lot of other people too, had "planned" to do the wvw stuff during the weekend + Monday/Tuesday before h'ween patch, so we wouldn't have to spend time in wvw once h'ween is up because whatever our account value is, h'ween is still one of the best farms of the year that gets priority over everything else :classic_cool:

Edited by evlover.6270
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

It's safe to say, that it won't be even close to be the last beta, as we're still lacking crucial functionality. 

Like, accounting for language, alliance management etc. We're basically still at the first step of development, squashing bugs in the very basic foundation of the system. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Custodio.6134 said:

We're basically still at the first step of development, squashing bugs in the very basic foundation of the system. 

Yeah, as a start it would be great if we could play with our guild on the same server, when we did choose our guild. Sadly the function isn't there yet.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, scureuil.4052 said:

what did you expect ? While WvW  is the "corner stone", PVE is the "central pillar"

LoL @ cornerstone.

In reality the alliances work they are doing is slated to bring them less money from player and guild transfers so it isn't in their best interest to fully implement it.

On the other hand every single PvE update is slated to bring casual players that don't play often back. That translates into far more money.

I'm very disconcerted about the radio silence for this. My entire guild made a big event to go into WvW and encouraged non-WvWers to participate due to the reward cosmetics that were supposed to be associated with this beta. The fact that there is still no word today on the subject does not bode well for communication.

At the least, tell us that either the beta will be extended, or the weaponskins can be earned through some other kind of activity. Hell, some of my guild members were open to the idea of purchasing them from the gemstore if they were available. We don't need to know the specifics of what sort of fires the dev team is dealing with internally, we just need to know how players will be compensated for losing the entire weekend to earn those rewards during a time-sensitive window.

Edited by Ghostkat.9580
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ghostkat.9580 said:

I'm very disconcerted about the radio silence for this. My entire guild made a big event to go into WvW and encouraged non-WvWers to participate due to the reward cosmetics that were supposed to be associated with this beta. The fact that there is still no word today on the subject does not bode well for communication...

Sigh, this sounds all too sadly familiar. I usually run in WvW with two different guilds. The smaller one scheduled a special run last Friday night at the NA WvW reset, the start of the beta. We also encouraged folks in the guild who hadn't tried WvW before to join us and we talked about the new weapon skins as one reason to do so. Normally that guild runs 5-7 people on its WvW raids. Last Friday night, we had 17. The lack of achievements for the new skins was a disappointment but Anet's acknowledgement of a problem was shared with everyone on the run. Kitten happens. Everyone understands that. So we just went ahead with our run. (Whew! Going into a beta reset right at the moment it starts, especially with new folks, is NOT the best idea in the world, but that's a whole other story.)

The radio silence since that first announcement has been the most disappointing part of this whole fiasco. Communication? Transparency? Sigh. It's been almost four days now and we still haven't heard a thing. Sigh...

2 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Sigh, this sounds all too sadly familiar. I usually run in WvW with two different guilds. The smaller one scheduled a special run last Friday night at the NA WvW reset, the start of the beta. We also encouraged folks in the guild who hadn't tried WvW before to join us and we talked about the new weapon skins as one reason to do so. Normally that guild runs 5-7 people on its WvW raids. Last Friday night, we had 17. The lack of achievements for the new skins was a disappointment but Anet's acknowledgement of a problem was shared with everyone on the run. Kitten happens. Everyone understands that. So we just went ahead with our run. (Whew! Going into a beta reset right at the moment it starts, especially with new folks, is NOT the best idea in the world, but that's a whole other story.)

The radio silence since that first announcement has been the most disappointing part of this whole fiasco. Communication? Transparency? Sigh. It's been almost four days now and we still haven't heard a thing. Sigh...

Agreed. I communicated the bug with my guild also, but we expected some sort of announcement by the weekly reset and patch, and what ANet planned to do about it. We understand things happen, game dev is difficult (my husband works for a major AAA publisher and knows all too well about the putting out of fires that happens constantly), and we try to be understanding.

The problem is that we've gotten zero communication since after the weekend. Again, wouldn't be a huge issue except for the fact that this is a time-sensitive event with a definitive end date so it would be unfortunate for the advertised reward to not actually be available before said event ends. We need to know what ANet plans to do about this before we ask our guild members to waste their time in organized group events over the promise of something they'll not be able to obtain.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Gonna be real honest here, if you think the rewards will still be fixed during this beta you will most likely be disappointed. Most likely the achievments they wanted to try werde designed to achieve over the time available in an entrie week. So releasing them late might make them seem like a larger effort then they normally should've been and deter more casual players from even trying them. Especially when a large amount of players play only/mostly during the weeken which has already passed. So yeah .. maybe next beta (or as they also call it "not-really-a-beta-but-just-another-week-to-keep-people-waiting-for-alliances-fed")

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Is this just a reward track in WvW tracks? I looked through the achievements for WvW but could not find anything to track on my achievement watch panel.   Would really like to unlock those weapons

not a reward track, we were told achievements. theres no new reward track, no new achievements, and its Wednesday with complete silence