Reward for the beta test

There's a beta participation achievement? Oh good, that'll encourage people to... wait, what? It doesn't work?

Peak Anet. 

Are they actually collecting "useful data" from this beta, because in my matchup, there's hardly anyone playing it. May be something to do with holding it at same time as Mad King started? Or just that's how fast people lost interest in wvw?

Edited by Chips.7968

I can confirm the achievement is working. It doesn't look like it at first, because it's like one of those achievements that doesn't increment until all of it's objectives are accomplished. After capturing 5 objectives it incremented to completed and awarded the warmachine weapon selection box - it is a choice of a single weapon skin.

(I captured 3 camps, 1 tower, and 1 keep - sentries did not count)

Edited by Aerulight.7250
Corrected weapon skin name

It works for some people, but not for everyone. I´ve been playing literally on a daily basis and captured 11 camps, 17 Towers, 9 keeps and defended 5 camps, 5 Towers and 3 keeps this week. Still no progress or chest. 
At the same time, our raidlead just played for the first time today and i was with him the whole time. In that timeframe, he got his achievement and chest, while i didn´t. 

It´s bugged for SOME people, not everyone, and no one know why

Edited by Custodio.6134
typo

1 hour ago, Aerulight.7250 said:

I can confirm the achievement is working. It doesn't look like it at first, because it's like one of those achievements that doesn't increment until all of it's objectives are accomplished. After capturing 5 objectives it incremented to completed and awarded the warmachine weapon selection box - it is a choice of a single weapon skin.

(I captured 3 camps, 1 tower, and 1 keep - sentries did not count)

Did you play the beta before the achievement patch?

I just got the achievement on my Steam f2p account that hadn't been in WvW until today.  It doesn't work on accounts it seems that played the beta before the patch.

It's confusing because it will say 0/1 objectives until you capture/defend 5 objectives.

Edited by Chaba.5410

Just now, Chaba.5410 said:

I just got the achievement on my Steam f2p account that hadn't been in WvW until today.

It's confusing because it will say 0/1 objectives until you capture/defend 5 objectives.

yes, i did, while our raidlead didn´t. so it may only be broken for people that already played before the hotfix ?!?

24 minutes ago, Custodio.6134 said:

yes, i did, while our raidlead didn´t. so it may only be broken for people that already played before the hotfix ?!?

Do you have maxed WvW achievements for camp/tower/keep? Maybe Arenanet didn't use a repeatable achievement as a basis for the counter (Emblems do).

Just now, Infusion.7149 said:

Do you have maxed WvW achievements for camp/tower/keep? Maybe Arenanet didn't use a repeatable achievement as a basis for the counter (Emblems do).

Hmmm, even though it´s just an assumption, this MAY be the case. 

Yes, i completed all achievements aside from Realm Avenger and God of WvW 

18 hours ago, Custodio.6134 said:

It works for some people, but not for everyone. I´ve been playing literally on a daily basis and captured 11 camps, 17 Towers, 9 keeps and defended 5 camps, 5 Towers and 3 keeps this week. Still no progress or chest. 
At the same time, our raidlead just played for the first time today and i was with him the whole time. In that timeframe, he got his achievement and chest, while i didn´t. 

It´s bugged for SOME people, not everyone, and no one know why

This is like the Dungeon Vendor bug then. Wonder what's making things go buggy so non-uniformly lately.

17 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I just got the achievement on my Steam f2p account that hadn't been in WvW until today.  It doesn't work on accounts it seems that played the beta before the patch.

I had been in WvW prior to the patch. So, again another inconsistent element making it tricksy to untangle.