Headbutt should go on interrupt cooldown if it's stowed, so Defy pain works with it.

Azure The Heartless.3261

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Right now, if you use Headbutt while defy pain is equipped, you will only get the effect from the trait if the attack completes, not if it is interrupted or otherwise cancelled. 

That same interrupt/cancellation will put Headbutt on full cooldown. 

Agreed.

Theoretically, the defy pain proc should even stunbreak you if you were CC'd during the headbutt animation (since lesser endure pain is still a stunbreak). That would be a very cool interaction, indeed. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Theoretically, the defy pain proc should even stunbreak you if you were CC'd during the headbutt animation (since lesser endure pain is still a stunbreak). That would be a very cool interaction, indeed. 

Not really, since:

1) it isn't a stunbreak

2) if the skill cast is interrupted, it doesn't count as a casted skill, so not sure why it would still proc whatever while being interrupted?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not really, since:

1) it isn't a stunbreak

2) if the skill cast is interrupted, it doesn't count as a casted skill, so not sure why it would still proc whatever while being interrupted?

1) I didn't realize they changed that. I thought I saw in the live stream that that it still said "stunbreak". My bad.

2) when you are CCd during the headbutt animation, the skill goes on full CD, which means that it counts as being "fully cast." It's a movement skill and a stun break, so it makes sense that it is "used" as soon as the skill is initiated (otherwise you could just stow it mid-cast and repeatedly break stun and/or attempt a CC every 4s). Similarly, you can't stow bulls charge mid animation and put it on a 4s CD.

Regardless of whether or not lesser endure pain counts as a stunbreak, it should proc when the headbutt animation ends, whether that is the natural end of the animation or if the animation is interrupted. 

12 hours ago, Tycura.1982 said:

Naw I disagree that's like Rune of Air giving you shocking aura after stowing heal.

Im not saying stowing headbutt should give you endure pain trait.

Im saying stowing it during the windup shouldnt put it on full cooldown. If it connects or completes, activating the trait is fine; but right now stowing it or getting interrupted puts it on cooldown AND doesnt activate the traiit.

20 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Im saying stowing it during the windup shouldnt put it on full cooldown. If it connects or completes, activating the trait is fine; but right now stowing it or getting interrupted puts it on cooldown AND doesnt activate the traiit.

Ok, interrupted skill not having correct interrupt cd aside -I don't know why you think you should be able to constantly use headbutt+stow for added mobility with reduced cd. Sounds like it works as intended when we're talking about stowing it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

On 10/15/2022 at 5:33 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

The problem is that headbutt breaks stun and THEN starts moving. So if you were able to stow HB during the cast and put it on a 4s interrupt CD, you'd be able to stunbreak every 4s by stowing mid cast repeatedly. That would clearly be abusive. For this reason, I think it has to stay they way that it is... But Defy Pain SHOULD proc as soon as the cast ends, whether it completes or gets interrupted, since the skill has been "used" either way. 

• Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

The problem is that headbutt breaks stun and THEN starts moving. So if you were able to stow HB during the cast and put it on a 4s interrupt CD, you'd be able to stunbreak every 4s by stowing mid cast repeatedly. That would clearly be abusive. For this reason, I think it has to stay they way that it is... But Defy Pain SHOULD proc as soon as the cast ends, whether it completes or gets interrupted, since the skill has been "used" either way. 

fair point

uggh why is it clunky

Ok, interrupted skill not having correct interrupt cd aside -I don't know why you think you should be able to constantly use headbutt+stow for added mobility with reduced cd. Sounds like it works as intended when we're talking about stowing it.

•  

T...The mobility isnt the point.

The point was it didn't proc a trait. If you start moving at all it going on full cd is fine, as long as the trait also procs. 

@CalmTheStorm.2364is right though. Before it does anything it breaks stun, so the cd being indiscriminate makes sense. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

For headbutt, since it can't be stowed canceled, the trait should activate as soon as it is used. For things like SoR or Battle Standard it should proc after the cast.

Interesting note, you know how some elite kits treat, or used to treat, the skills on their bar as using an elite skill as far as runes go? Yeah, that doesn't happen with Defy Pain with Rampage. Which is a really good thing, but sadly disappointing at the same time.