Toxic player on the rise ?

10 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

Did i say that the lfg got requirement ? Look a little below, i say that the lfg has no requirement. 🙂

Yes, you did. I literally quoted it above. I'll quote it again I guess:

1 hour ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

And when you look lfg, you seen sometimes crazy li request for "basic strike or even dragonstorm.... Dragonstorm !!!!"  (by exemple, i fall on a lfg requesting 300li+ for daily ah by exemple today)

^look at the underlined part, it clearly talks about "looking at li req in lfg". This is your first post. Again, people didn't misunderstand what you've said, people ar ejust commenting on what you did say. I don't know what about that is unclear, do you not see the underlined part in the quote above? This one, specifically: "And when you look lfg, you seen sometimes crazy li request" ? When you look at lfg and see requirements, it means the requirements are visible in group description and that's what you complained about. Hence all of the "it's not toxic to have requirements".

I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

10 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

The other day i find someone requesting even 500 Li for a normal strike. Please let be serious....

Ok and that's still not toxic, it can be unreasonable, but it's the choice of the person who makes their group. I don't see why this is somehow bothering you so much. Just skip that group, who cares. Part of the issue of you saying this is the fact that you're including it in a thread about "toxic players on a rise". But having a requirement in a group that someone made isn't toxic, whether you or me think it's unreasonable or not. Do you understand that anything you wrote in your post is a clear attempt to bring up "toxic players"? If you don't think having requirements is toxic then there's no reason to include that in your post -but you did include it in your post and that's why people are commenting on it for what it is: your argument about rising number of toxic players.

Anyways my last post also included this:

I didn't notice that (and I'm not just saying about "noticing an increase", people just generally don't insult/yell at others -if anything someone disgruntled with squad simply leaves and that's all). NA/EU? What types of squads are they joining?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

I think the op and I have a different idea of toxic player. And I must admit when I saw the thread title it made me think of all the absolutely vile people joining the game recently just to harass and be as vile to other players as possible. I am seeing such hatred in chats like never before, such disgusting things , and when called on it the player goes lol so what ban me I'll just make a new steam account. To me the idea of toxic player isnt one that wants the people in his squad to perform or have proof of a kill. Its the toxic parts of the community that level hatred of race , intolerance for difference , graphic and violent remarks against another class , culture, or lifestyle. This is the true toxicity of gaming. Our community has always had its trolls and haters, the community at large has always been generous helpful and pretty darn nice!  But the upswing in vileness I have noticed since steam has obviously brought in the lowest of the low. Anet needs to start acting on reports fast because this is the most damaging to a community if left unchecked and unfettered.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

When you look at lfg and see requirements, it means the requirements are visible in group description and that's what you complained about. Hence all of the "it's not toxic to have requirements".

When people ask for auto-lfg , then it not toxic too . Because it only effect  themselves only , while the rest can create manual groups with requirements or not

(sorry couldn't resist)

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Woof.8246 said:

When people ask for auto-lfg , then it not toxic too . Because it only effect  themselves only , while the rest can create manual groups with requirements or not

(sorry couldn't resist)

This has nothing to do with the thread or my post.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, you did. I literally quoted it above. I'll quote it again I guess:

1 hour ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

It wasn't in lfg description, it was just requesting role and saying the name of the strike. When it's in lfg, i can understand.

Second post of mine

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

^look at the underlined part, it clearly talks about "looking at li req in lfg". This is your first post. Again, people didn't misunderstand what you've said, people ar ejust commenting on what you did say. I don't know what about that is unclear, do you not see the underlined part in the quote above? This one, specifically: "And when you look lfg, you seen sometimes crazy li request" ? When you look at lfg and see requirements, it means the requirements are visible in group description and that's what you complained about. Hence all of the "it's not toxic to have requirements".

Ok and that's still not toxic, it can be unreasonable, but it's the choice of the person who makes their group. I don't see why this is somehow bothering you so much. Just skip that group, who cares. Part of the issue of you saying this is the fact that you're including it in a thread about "toxic players on a rise". But having a requirement in a group that someone made isn't toxic, whether you or me think it's unreasonable or not.

Anyways my last post also included this:

I didn't notice that (and I'm not just saying about "noticing an increase", people just generally don't insult/yell at others -if anything someone disgruntled with squad simply leaves and that's all). NA/EU? What types of squads are they joining?

You misunderstand my words, i fall mean i read. I read doesn't mean that i'm joining them and wanting to make my rules. I think it's clear no ? I say that unreasonable to request some crazy things  on lfg on some strike/ or event or other in lfg.

Does it bother me ? I say it no mutliple times on the subject even if if for me some unreasonable things is stupid. The main subject of this post , it's not the requirerement of some lfg description but the toxicity of player (here, i take in exemple the lfg hasn't requirement and the commander was requesting things who wasn't in lfg, even giving order to someone to change his build without knowing his build. Do you think it's normal in that case ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

You misunderstand my words, i fall mean i read. I read doesn't mean that i'm joining them and wanting to make my rules. I think it's clear no ? I say that unreasonable to request some crazy things  on lfg on some strike/ or event or other in lfg.

You've made a thread about toxic players and started listing stuff including "having requirements in lfg for content you think shouldn't have requirements". If you think it's toxic then that's why people responded to you with information that it's not toxic. If you don't think it's toxic, there was no reason to include it in your list for why you think players are toxic. Is this clear? 😄 

4 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

Do you think it's normal in that case ?

I already commented on that: I don't think that's normal to the point it might have been just an acciddent (since it adds workload and reduces efficiency of creating a group that commander wants to create). Have you joined more than one group like that? When, where, which content? Overally I'd say finding one group like that is already extremely rare, let alone trying to use it as some sign for consistent increase of ingame toxicity.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I mean there are some toxic people at lfg and lets not pretend that they dont exist. Not saying that it happens that often. However anet really should make that if we block someone they would have no permision to join the lfg of the individual who blocked that person, or sometimes it happens that the whole party has the same guy on their block list and yet lfg allows them to join(well its not like he wont get kicked but still its just annoying)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You've made a thread about toxic players and started listing stuff including "having requirements in lfg for content you think shouldn't have requirements". If you think it's toxic then that's why people responded to you with information that it's not toxic. If you don't think it's toxic, there was no reason to include it in your list for why you think players are toxic. Is this clear? 😄 

Let's be clear :

LFG requirement = not toxic

LFG with unreasonnable requieremetn = stupid

LFG without requirement and when you are inside the group the commander start to request kp or li, requesting things who isn't in lfg, asking to someone to change his build without knowing his build (not mine)(and i repeat build, not roles), without even start fight = toxic.

The third exemple is the things who happenned to me and this "story" is a part of the main subject of this topics with other exemple of people insulting, doing their rules in raid (and they aren't the commander) (exemple saying above), harrassing people, insulting other etc.

Edited by Valaraukar.7652
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

People are allowed to put requirements in the groups for NORMAL MODES  (but they not contribute to the increase of the Instance community)

So people can ask the company to implant an  auto-lfg (it will effect only them and not the 1st group ,  in any way) . A simple elegant solution , rather than circular conversations.

Edit: People could manually create their non-req groups , and that's an extra option (2+1)

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

@Valaraukar.7652 also i strongly recomend making your own lfgs because then instead of anyone who is beeing toxic you would be in control. Also most of the time lfg is pretty chill but its impossible to fully avoid those toxic people so i would just ignore those. 

I mean you dont have to but if that day you get unlucky and meet someone like that i would just make my own squad or party without that individual instead and usually it fills up fast anyway 

Edited by soul.9651

5 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

@Valaraukar.7652 also i strongly recomend making your own lfgs because then instead of anyone who is beeing toxic you would be in control. Also most of the time lfg is pretty chill but its impossible to fully avoid those toxic people so i would just ignore those. 

Yep i know, often lfg is doing well, it's just ONE exemple today, nothing more, nothing less, but i guess that speaking about lfg make nervous some people ^^ I should remember that when i want to talk about toxic people who insult, harrassing, become a group and start to making fun of other people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The incident you describe sounds odd to me.  I don't know what the commander would have been smoking.  Definitely odd to leave it to to after someone joins.  Still, not toxic, though perhaps inconsiderate in that someone who joins based on LFG lacking such may have wasted a small amount of time.

As to LI for DS... <shrugs> I guess whatever floats their boat -- though I'd have no interest in playing with people where such things matter enough to make an issue of it.  In fact, I'm grateful when people advertise such preferences so I can avoid them .

Edited by IndigoSundown.5419
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

Yep i know, often lfg is doing well, it's just ONE exemple today, nothing more, nothing less, but i guess that speaking about lfg make nervous some people ^^ I should remember that when i want to talk about toxic people who insult, harrassing, become a group and start to making fun of other people.

So 1 example is somehow making toxisity on the rise now?

Did you never see the 4 warrior and a elem/memser 7k ap or kick dungeon groups?

Or all the no ranger no necro groups way back when

• Like 1

It's not ONLY about lfg (i say it many times in this topic).

But my bad to have talking almost lfg only in my first post (i guess that people don't read the entire subject).

I was talking about toxicity in general and in genreal mean not only lfg. Reread above. (exemple that i say in this topic, people making fun of dps of dps player in fractal group, someone harrassing someone else in squad in raid because a mistake, some few people starting to making fun of a commander who was giving some basic for a fluent meta, insulting other etc etc).

• Confused 2

I'm on NA server, yet I've never seen any strike mission with LI requirement since 2022. It's unfair to fault an entire server of players out of a single experience.

If a possibility should be taken into consideration, it's simply the weekend and its surge of very, very unskilled players coming to the LFG, and the commander may be frustrated by a recent experience.

Since you mentioned AP, I would also like to point out that if you do low performance as a 20k AP player, party members would usually be less forgiving than how they treat an entry player, as there's a difference between being inexperienced and straight out denial, when it comes to party/squad contribution.

Edited by Vilin.8056

Dont see any issues with OP described situations. If a comm is organising a group he is fully in his rights to demand from people to meet certain cryteria. If he wants a 500LI run on shiverpeaks strike - its his right. Dont like it - dont join. You can always organise ur own group and set a low entering bar or none at all (thats what i do usually). I dont see any toxicity in this behavior. 

Imagine this, people are asking to ping a banana to join a strike run. And yes u will get kicked if u dont ping it. It has nothing to do with "oh but u dont need a banana to clear a strike", but rather "i make a squad and i want u to meet certain cryteria". Btw banana pings work wonderfull (it kinda atracts more chill people for the run, cause well everyone gets it that its a joke lol). 

As for food, if u join a group u kinda need to perform well. That is the present etiquete of organised runs. And food/utility is obligatory by that standart. If u want dont use it its kinda not respecting other people time/effort. 

As for AP. AP means nothing in gw2. Literary it means that uve done some achievs and/or daily achievs (10k cap on dailies). It doesnt mean u play good or bad. Ive seen people with 30k AP struggle on t4 fracs not knowing mechanics properly and ive seen people with 2k AP playing godlike. So thats that. 

Edited by soulknight.9620
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, soulknight.9620 said:

Dont see any issues with OP described situations. If a comm is organising a group he is fully in his rights to demand from people to meet certain cryteria. If he wants a 500LI run on shiverpeaks strike - its his right. Dont like it - dont join. You can always organise ur own group and set a low entering bar or none at all (thats what i do usually). I dont see any toxicity in this behavior. 

Imagine this, people are asking to ping a banana to join a strike run. And yes u will get kicked if u dont ping it. It has nothing to do with "oh but u dont need a banana to clear a strike", but rather "i make a squad and i want u to meet certain cryteria". Btw banana pings work wonderfull (it kinda atracts more chill people for the run, cause well everyone gets it that its a joke lol). 

As for food, if u join a group u kinda need to perform well. That is the present etiquete of organised runs. And food/utility is obligatory by that standart. If u want dont use it its kinda not respecting other people time/effort. 

As for AP. AP means nothing in gw2. Literary it means that uve done some achievs and/or daily achievs (10k cap on dailies). It doesnt mean u play good or bad. Ive seen people with 30k AP struggle on t4 fracs not knowing mechanics properly and ive seen people with 2k AP playing godlike. So thats that. 

It also show that the people can read since if they dont read lfg they wont ping  bananas

19 minutes ago, soulknight.9620 said:

I will not repeat myself for what i have say already about the first part of your comment. Tk's to read the whole subject.

Sorry but for li and kp it's the same. Some people get their kp or li with being carry. I see some eletist witk kp and li playing worse than some without or having toxic behavior. (as exemple saying in this topic, someone harrassing one member of our squad because some mistake in cm raid. Requesting to kick her. Speaking about ap, he got 1k AP. Here, he was probably thinking that he was a god to have such behavior (since you say that some play as a god....).

So yes true, ap it's not a proof. But got admet that i was findind strange to ask me since that time since all people joined in same time and no question like that for other (without proof or other).

And i repeat, the lfg wasn't the main subject that i wanted to talk about in this topic but the toxic behavior in general (even if i make mistake to talk almost only about that in first post)(copy pasta above).

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

Hello all.

I know that a majority on the forum are on a good vibes but would like to know if you meet recently more toxic player/eletist ?

I was talking in a guild chat about a commander who was asking me if i did already AH strike. (i mean it's wasn't cm but normal). He was even requesting (giving limit an order) to someone who playing a better dps build or something like that in the beginning (asking even that everyone eating food (i can understand that but relax it's was only normal mode)).
I was finding that strange since my ap was almost 20k (i could in really have more (kind of 30k+ but since i'm lazy to daily :D). I was saying yes and that i could show ascended weapon from the box (since i open them) or almost requesting me to make a kp proof account (i don't know this website and i'm not feeling confident to give information at this website)(gw2craft okay but this one since a big warning on wiki....)

Yesterday our squad fall on a toxic player who was giving limit order to the squad and yelling on a player of our squad.

And when you look lfg, you seen sometimes crazy li request for "basic strike or even dragonstorm.... Dragonstorm !!!!"  (by exemple, i fall on a lfg requesting 300li+ for daily ah by exemple today)
I can understand in cm strike, cm raid or some kp for raid to have smooth run but well for some things, it's a little bit....

Some people that i was talking was saying too that they meet more toxic player recently even some everyday now....
Often when these toxic leave squad or group, it's better and smooth in general too.

What's about you ? Did you see more or it's just maybe bad luck recently ?

There's nothing toxic about listing requirements for a squad in LFG.  Obviously, berating other players for performance in a video game is toxic, but that's rather the point of having requirements.  So that you get the type of people you want to play with.  There's rarely any cause for conflict when you do this.

That some players may feel excluded by this does not make the practice toxic and if you join such groups under false pretenses simply because you feel entitled to participate, then that is also toxic and likely to result in conflict. 

Likewise if you know in your heart of hearts that you're God's gift to GW2, but join a group that wants killproofs you don't have.  They asked for killproofs.  It's their group.  If you don't like it, your option is to form your own group.  If you want to ask the group leader if you can join anyway, that's fine.  But accept their answer whether it's what you want to hear or not.  To do otherwise is being toxic.

I'm happy to see people reacting to this topic but please instead of reading one post only, read the whole subject, a lot of information who wasn't in the first post was already say again and again in the subject. I will not repeat myself again and again and again.

Btw speaking about food (consumables), i always use food before raid/strike/fractal too since i think that it's normal but if someone don't want to eat food by exemple, he/she is free to do in my opinion. Giving order to eat well....

• Confused 2

Encountered a Toxic Elitist player in ankka cm feeling proud of himself of having cleared harvest temple cm and he said he will carry the group and ask everyone to protect him and literally commenting everyone choice of class (I was playing healbrand but entered as a DH after doing open world and haven't yet finished loading to swap my template) and guess what he already commented it, in the end he died during last phase.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2