Toxic player on the rise ?

On 10/18/2022 at 6:00 PM, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Stated by not me, to my post answering to different post.

It doesn't need to be stated by you, nobody said you said that. What was being commented on was still EXACTLY what you said, which was " If players are easily offended, it means, there was intent to offend in the first place.". What was delivered here is an example of someone being offended by something clearly not having an intent to offend.

All it does is show that your statement of "If players are easily offended, it means, there was intent to offend in the first place" is false.

You don't understand what strawman is.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 10:20 PM, Valaraukar.7652 said:

Hello all.

I know that a majority on the forum are on a good vibes but would like to know if you meet recently more toxic player/eletist ?

I was talking in a guild chat about a commander who was asking me if i did already AH strike. (i mean it's wasn't cm but normal). He was even requesting (giving limit an order) to someone who playing a better dps build or something like that in the beginning (asking even that everyone eating food (i can understand that but relax it's was only normal mode)).
I was finding that strange since my ap was almost 20k (i could in really have more (kind of 30k+ but since i'm lazy to daily :D). I was saying yes and that i could show ascended weapon from the box (since i open them) or almost requesting me to make a kp proof account (i don't know this website and i'm not feeling confident to give information at this website)(gw2craft okay but this one since a big warning on wiki....)

Yesterday our squad fall on a toxic player who was giving limit order to the squad and yelling on a player of our squad.

And when you look lfg, you seen sometimes crazy li request for "basic strike or even dragonstorm.... Dragonstorm !!!!"  (by exemple, i fall on a lfg requesting 300li+ for daily ah by exemple today)
I can understand in cm strike, cm raid or some kp for raid to have smooth run but well for some things, it's a little bit....

Some people that i was talking was saying too that they meet more toxic player recently even some everyday now....
Often when these toxic leave squad or group, it's better and smooth in general too.

What's about you ? Did you see more or it's just maybe bad luck recently ?

Did you just mention your 20k AP thinking that is your pass ticket?  ? rofl  classic gamer...  I'v seen players with 40k AP and still have no clue about mechanics or bad at dealing dps so please don't mention that next time thank you !:)

Edited by Hadi.2430
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Nash.2681 said:

Source?

His imagination.

But honestly, I never had a problem with toxicity in raids. Only ppls that had that problem were ppls not honest about their kp and not knowing the mechs even tho lfg required it.  Edit: and this lying kind of folk fully deserve a kick.

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

His imagination.

But honestly, I never had a problem with toxicity in raids. Only ppls that had that problem were ppls not honest about their kp and not knowing the mechs even tho lfg required it. 

My experience aswell, and even in those cases people were rarely toxic (unless you consider removing dishonest people from the squad after explaining them why they get removed as toxic). However, the claim was made about OW Meta events and I simply wonder how to determine if a toxic person there is a "raider". /shrug

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nash.2681 said:

(unless you consider removing dishonest people from the squad after explaining them why they get removed as toxic).

Nope you understood me correctly, I was in a hurry so I might choose words poorly.

As for the other part yeah, my thoughts exacly, also why is it always ppls with no raids cleared claiming that all raid community is toxic. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Nope you understood me correctly, I was in a hurry so I might choose words poorly.

As for the other part yeah, my thoughts exacly, also why is it always ppls with no raids cleared claiming that all raid community is toxic. 

Nah, my wording was bad, should have used "one" instead of "you". The burden of not being a native speaker 🥴

7 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

The ones complaining that DE is difficult are clearly Raiders.

Casuals : DE meta too hard, nerf it Anet.

Toxic Raiders : Learn to play, up your dps and bring boon.

Casuals : thank you anet for giving us mech.

Toxic Raiders : Oh no, these casuals are doing almost as much as dps as we elite with our elite class. Nerf Mech Anet.

Yeah, I know how that went 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

8 hours ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

Toxic Raiders : Oh no, these casuals are doing almost as much as dps as we elite with our elite class. Nerf Mech Anet.

Yeah, DE Meta and OW were surely the main reasons for people to point out how broken mech was/is 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

One don't need to be raider nor toxic to state that someones dps is low.

Also it's pretty silly to compare ppls lacking dps after playing for x time and balance between classes. Like how?

If you can't overcome game challange or need to be carried than you should get better or change build.

If profession is so broken to the point that game pose no challange than there is problem with the balance.

If you want game without challange go play on some private server or other game where its normal.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

If you want game without challange go play on some private server or other game where its normal.

If You want game challenge then play pvp?

Pve is not challenging to me. I got my "envoy herald" 3 years ago. I am surprised you find this game pve challenging lol.

And, Yes I do play other game for little bit challenge, like soul games.

Edited by Yellow Rainbow.6142
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

If You want game challenge then play pvp?

Pve is not challenging to me. I got my "envoy herald" 3 years ago. I am surprised you find this game pve challenging lol.

And, Yes I do play other game for little bit challenge, like soul games.

Can you pick a line? In one post you defend the claim that meta is too hard in this one you are saying game is easy peasy and that you are pro. 

So? How it's gonna be?

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

It's convenient to make that "casual - raider" divide here, but that's not even what it is, it's more about "players understanding the game's mechanics - players not understanding the game's mechanics" divide. The situation you're trying to outline here also goes "a bit" different, where the players weren't exactly being told to simply "l2p", but instead got provided with direct -and not exactly hard- ways to improve their gameplay and subsequentially (or even completely separately) increase their success rate. Then the response is what you're trying to do here: WOAH, YOU'RE HELPING TELLING ME WHAT TO DO?! SO TOXIC!  But explaining the game's mechanics isn't toxic, you're free to do whatever you want with the informations you get though 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's convenient to make that "casual - rider" divided here, but that's not even what it is, it's more about "players understanding the game's mechanics - players not understanding the game's mechanics" divide. The situation you're trying to outline here also goes "a bit" different, where the players weren't exactly being told to simply "l2p", but instead got provided with direct -and not exactly hard- ways to improve their gameplay and subsequentially (or even completely separately) increase their success rate. Then the response is what you're trying to do here: WOAH, YOU'RE HELPING TELLIKG ME WHAT TO DO?! SO TOXIC!  But explaining the game's mechanics isn't toxic, you're free to do whatever you want with the informations you get though 🤷‍♂️

Yeah but why using logic. This is better. xD

Player that know mechanics of the game + Giving advice how to improve = Toxic Raider. (No matter if said person even touched raids)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Yeah but why using logic. This is better. xD

Player that know mechanics of the game + Giving advice how to improve = Toxic Raider. (No matter if said person even touched raids)

funny how you think your way is the right way. Could there be other side of coin, where people think (say) game should be easier where they don't have to improve their understanding of game mechanics in deep to just to have fun. Same goes for DE meta, it's open world group content. People of different flavor play open world specially when it was initially advertised than what it is now.

I am absolutely fine with having raid, or strike very very hard as long as easier version exist for regular people to enjoy. Not everyone has unlimited time or energy for everything.

Edited by Yellow Rainbow.6142
  • Confused 6

29 minutes ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

funny how you think your way is the right way. Could there be other side of coin, where people think (say) game should be easier where they don't have to improve their understanding of game mechanics in deep to just to have fun. Same goes for DE meta, it's open world group content. People of different flavor play open world specially when it was initially advertised than what it is now.

I am absolutely fine with having raid, or strike very very hard as long as easier version exist for regular people to enjoy. Not everyone has unlimited time or energy for everything.

See and that's why there should be -and there is- different levels of content across the game. Apparently the game having xx% of easy content is fine because that's what you want, but include x% of harder content and it's a complete deal breaker because you want the game to be designed around your wishes in its entirity. It's good you're talking about "there being another side of the coin", too bad you're the only one here failing to see it's ok to have both. Then you call people toxic because they're helping people understand the game they're playing. I mean... oof.

Unlimited time and energy has nothing to do with it. In fact, the less time to play you have, the more you should be ok with the game not catering to you in its entirity since apparently you don't have time for that anyways. Plenty of zones/events to quite literally semi-afk away for a reward or chase whatever critters around, right?

And btw, just like someone else already pointed it out above, I'm confused about your constant swerving between saying "the game is super easy" and then saying "x is too hard, it's ok to have hard content but only in...". It really looks you can't make up your mind what you're thinking about the content difficulty here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And btw, just like someone else already pointed it out above, I'm confused about your constant swerving between saying "the game is super easy" and then saying "x is too hard, it's ok to have hard content but only in...". It really looks you can't make up your mind what you're thinking about the content difficulty here.

It's not about me. It really doesn't matter to me if content is challenging to you or not. I find all pve content much more easier than game I am used to play.

I just don't like when people call casual, all names including trash player or lazy player or whatever the elite class think that they are somehow superior to other gamers.

• Confused 7

5 hours ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

It's not about me. It really doesn't matter to me if content is challenging to you or not. I find all pve content much more easier than game I am used to play.

So it's not about game difficulty suddenly. Ok.

5 hours ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

I just don't like when people call casual, all names including trash player or lazy player or whatever the elite class think that they are somehow superior to other gamers.

Agree, that calling ppl names is bad, but why do you think it's always raiders who are swearing on other ppls. It's not like casuals can't be toxic eighter, but no you separeted ppls into two groups and it's always the raiders who are toxic. Not just Toxic ppls in general no matter of the content they play. It is always the raiders. 

Also this...

On 11/23/2022 at 1:22 AM, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

..is not name calling, it is someone giving an advice and you gave this example yourself.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1