A question regarding unbreakable tools and skins

Mr Grey.2637

Hiya.

Just bought unbreakable tools set and a skyscale dragon harvesting tool. Dragon was too cute and so I was hoping that I would be able to apply the skin in the wardrobe to the unbreakable tools.

As far as I know, it worked. Says transmuted unbreakable in the middle of the box. And my original dragon tool still in my inventory.

Question is, can I rip the skin off without applying another skin in wardrobe? You know how the unbreakable tools have a unique yellow box in your equip page? Can I reset that somehow? So all of my tools have the yelllow unbreakable icons?

I wanted all the dragon tools for their looks but it seems only harvesting was available. Will the others be back on the shop at some point?

Let me know if my assumptions are wrong. Or if I accidentally destroyed my mtx purchase somehow.

3 hours ago, Mr Grey.2637 said:

Question is, can I rip the skin off without applying another skin in wardrobe? You know how the unbreakable tools have a unique yellow box in your equip page? Can I reset that somehow? So all of my tools have the yelllow unbreakable icons?

I wanted all the dragon tools for their looks but it seems only harvesting was available. Will the others be back on the shop at some point?

You can't reset it but you can transmute it back to the original skin. Not exactly sure what you meant by "yellow unbreakable icon". You can only apply the corresponding skins to the items, i.e. mining tools skins for mining tools, etc.

As for sale of other items, they will be back on sale at some point in time. You can check the individual tools to see roughly how often they go on sale by following the links: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gathering_tool. Click on [show] under Gem Store History.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1

THx for the response,

Resetting or simply removing the skin would have been what I was after.

To clarify the point that was confusing: The unbreakable tools have a unique icon that you see when they are in your inventory or equipped slot. It has a yellow border. I was wrong about the yellow border, that was my imagination, but it does have a yellow title. Once you apply a skin to them, that icon no longer appears that way, and the individual tool now gains the icon of whatever skin you applied. So since i bought the harvest dragon skin and applied it to my harvester tool, my only two options are to keep the dragon skin on it, with that dragon icon as that tools identifying icon, or change it to a "basic" harvester tool skin and icon since those are the only two skins I have. The wrap up of this, is that now i have no idea which of my harvester tools in my bags is my unbreakable one unless i look for the text in the tooltip that says Transmuted - Unbreakable Harvest Sickle. - It's just an annoyance. Either i keep it as the dragon, or a basic. - it will no longer be able to appear as its default "unbreakable" icon.

They need to add a function to just "remove" cosmetic appearances you have applied and restore the items default.

In any case, thanks for the reply!

• Confused 2

All of these tools work as harvesting tools, so the skyscale one is not just a skin but also a harvesting tool. The skin swapping is done in Hero panel's Wardrobe tab (next under Equipment) and takes transmutation charges just like other gear does.
The skyscale tool also looks to have a glyph according to wiki, which you can remove and put on any other tool.

Personally I use one glyphed unbreakable tool set with all my characters: I have normal basic tools equipped on all my toons and the glyphed set in shared inv slots so I can just double click on each tool to swap them on.

1 hour ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

Personally I use one glyphed unbreakable tool set with all my characters: I have normal basic tools equipped on all my toons and the glyphed set in shared inv slots so I can just double click on each tool to swap them on.

Same here.
I'm still not sure what the OP is trying to achieve but it sounds overly complicated.

14 hours ago, Mr Grey.2637 said:

THx for the response,

Resetting or simply removing the skin would have been what I was after.

To clarify the point that was confusing: The unbreakable tools have a unique icon that you see when they are in your inventory or equipped slot. It has a yellow border. I was wrong about the yellow border, that was my imagination, but it does have a yellow title. Once you apply a skin to them, that icon no longer appears that way, and the individual tool now gains the icon of whatever skin you applied. So since i bought the harvest dragon skin and applied it to my harvester tool, my only two options are to keep the dragon skin on it, with that dragon icon as that tools identifying icon, or change it to a "basic" harvester tool skin and icon since those are the only two skins I have. The wrap up of this, is that now i have no idea which of my harvester tools in my bags is my unbreakable one unless i look for the text in the tooltip that says Transmuted - Unbreakable Harvest Sickle. - It's just an annoyance. Either i keep it as the dragon, or a basic. - it will no longer be able to appear as its default "unbreakable" icon.

They need to add a function to just "remove" cosmetic appearances you have applied and restore the items default.

In any case, thanks for the reply!

What difference does it make which skin it has?  If it's the Glyph you are wanting, you can remove that and place it in any tool that takes Glyphs.  So, it doesn't matter which skin is on what. 

• Confused 2

What OP is trying to explain is the Unbreakable tools have a unique icon, however after transmuting this icon is gone forever and they can only get the Skyscale or basic harvesting tool icons, which makes it easier to get lost in a bag since it looks like any other tool.

@ OP, instead of manually equipping your tools, just put generic Orichalcum tools on every character in an invisible/safe bag at a fixed location. Fill empty slots with dye pouches, and the rest of the slots with things like food items and spare weapons. When you double-click this tool set, it'll swap with your premium tools automatically, and you can double-click them again to unequip.

For multiple characters they need to be in shared slots instead, but each character still needs a set of basic harvesting tools so you can double-click to swap in and out.

Also, you probably weren't imagining the yellow border. You likely turned it off from the settings icon (cog) in inventory by accident. Click the cog to bring down the menu and turn on the item rarity borders again for the yellow outline around the icon. This also helps with sorting your loots!

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Also, you probably weren't imagining the yellow border. You likely turned it off from the settings icon (cog) in inventory by accident. Click the cog to bring down the menu and turn on the item rarity borders again for the yellow outline around the icon. This also helps with sorting your loots!

OP mentioned equip page, but probably saw the Rarity border colours in Inventory since Equipment tab will not show.