Bug: Dragonhunter wall doing damage to teleports

11 hours ago, SolarDragon.7063 said:

Behaviour: Teleporting across the Dragonhunter trap that does damage on going through it appears to do multiple hits of damage when it shouldn't do damage at all
Replication: Lightning Flash.

Do you have any combat log to show this is damage from your teleport skill that is from trying to get out of DH trap? You know that you either can dodge or use a Stun break to get out of it (and shouldn't waste a TP skill on it)? Also are you sure it is a trap from DH and not from any other profession that can make use of traps that will cause damage on the one that is trapped inside?

I suppose you are talking about https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon's_Maw ?

On 10/17/2022 at 2:23 AM, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Do you have any combat log to show this is damage from your teleport skill that is from trying to get out of DH trap? You know that you either can dodge or use a Stun break to get out of it (and shouldn't waste a TP skill on it)? Also are you sure it is a trap from DH and not from any other profession that can make use of traps that will cause damage on the one that is trapped inside?

I suppose you are talking about https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon's_Maw ?

No.

Test of Faith.

I know lightning flash reads as a teleport, but mechanically it doesn’t act like one. Some teleports literally teleport you to location, others are the equivelant of moving instantly but in a straight line, kind of like moving really fast, with lightning flash that’s the reason it doesn’t break stun.

wiki says,

This skill's "teleport" is mechanically identical to a ground-targeted Shadowstep. Because of this, it is highly subjective to the terrain between the user and the target destination, and it will only work to instantly move to anywhere the user could easily reach by merely walking there without jumping.

mesmers blink works in the same way, back with an old pc I had if I had really bad lag I could tell which skills were these because my character would actually move from point a to point b rather than just teleporting and appearing at point b.

Edited by Illumine Sparkler.6019
Skull name auto corrected wrong