Feedback..

Often at times the best kind of feedback is constructive, critical and thought out. I know this as a professional game programmer myself. But as a GW2 player and enjoyer of WvW. All I can say is, this alliance change sucks.

From a completely uncritical, unconstructive view point. Simply joining WvW as per usual and trying to play support and support the tags group or playing as a ranged aoe bomb. I'm having next to no fun with the match ups, the players who mob and run off while there are less than 5 of us following the tag etc. I can't tell you why it's like this, perhaps because I had no knowledge of the beta before it happened, so I ended up as one of the 'auto matched' solo players, even though I love playing with all the familiar faces in WvW from my server. So Im stuck in this crapfest for however long this lasts. I don't really do guilds anymore, I don't have the time for it, I just like to come on, jump into WvW and play. So this change has shafted me hard while I run around trying to support headless chickens that I'm unfamiliar with. 

You can take this as a rant, but I hope you can see past that and understand that solo match made players get shafted without the ability to join a 'team' where the majority of their server might play, wether those players are part of a guild or alliance or w/e shouldn't matter. It's 'World' vs 'World' and that used to mean 'server',  so if you're going to mess that up, at least let us stick with our communities.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Sometimes WvW makes me wonder if it's larger for some than it is for others. My instinct is to think "is it US that's so different?" but then I remember they have less worlds with more linkage than EU.

And here I run around still seeing random "old community" players and guilds I cant seem to get away from.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hummy.6748 said:

Often at times the best kind of feedback is constructive, critical and thought out. I know this as a professional game programmer myself. But as a GW2 player and enjoyer of WvW. All I can say is, this alliance change sucks.

From a completely uncritical, unconstructive view point. Simply joining WvW as per usual and trying to play support and support the tags group or playing as a ranged aoe bomb. I'm having next to no fun with the match ups, the players who mob and run off while there are less than 5 of us following the tag etc. I can't tell you why it's like this, perhaps because I had no knowledge of the beta before it happened, so I ended up as one of the 'auto matched' solo players, even though I love playing with all the familiar faces in WvW from my server. So Im stuck in this crapfest for however long this lasts. I don't really do guilds anymore, I don't have the time for it, I just like to come on, jump into WvW and play. So this change has shafted me hard while I run around trying to support headless chickens that I'm unfamiliar with. 

You can take this as a rant, but I hope you can see past that and understand that solo match made players get shafted without the ability to join a 'team' where the majority of their server might play, wether those players are part of a guild or alliance or w/e shouldn't matter. It's 'World' vs 'World' and that used to mean 'server',  so if you're going to mess that up, at least let us stick with our communities.

"so if you're going to mess that up, at least let us stick with our communities."

You need to separate the beta from Alliances to a limited extent because as a partial beta you have the least control then the end product will deliver. I would wager a guess only the largest guilds or people that got rolled up with the best pugmanders are feeling like you and its chaotic out there. The beta is a more scrambled version of server resets since its a reset minus the faces you know and that impacts people working together.

Server side player here as well. I will attack more peeps then I should because I see a name I know being attacked even if I have never talked to them. Not so much for this week unless I know them. That's to me what server pride means. Everyone's mileage will vary. That is going to go away. I could point fingers on who what why caused the issue to trigger the change but that wouldn't change things. There are going to be downsides and those outside of larger guilds or not in Alliances its going to be the roughest since you maybe completely randomized whenever Teams are re-rolled. The betas should be giving people some sense on why (I say this as a player/roamer in a small guild mind you) they need to ponder how they want to plan for Alliances. Do you want to be shuffled up in the brick and mortar system or be more active where you land. Take the beta as something where you say, I want to stick with my community how do we do that.

So take the week as it comes and find the fun where you can and see if there are others you might want to add to your friends list that are like minded for when the full system is rolled out. Or show ANet that it is too much and dip into the holiday events that launch Tuesday so that their analytics can show your playtime was done for an average week. Good hunting where you find it.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
double space issue

this beta honestly turned me off WvW, which is my favorite GW2 game mode. 
I know for now it's temporary but being in a really weak "Alliance" makes it pointless to play WvW when your up against teams with very active WvW guilds just law mowing yours. 
I'm just gonna have to wait it out for a week and return when this nightmare is over. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bunny.9834 said:

this beta honestly turned me off WvW, which is my favorite GW2 game mode. 
I know for now it's temporary but being in a really weak "Alliance" makes it pointless to play WvW when your up against teams with very active WvW guilds just law mowing yours. 
I'm just gonna have to wait it out for a week and return when this nightmare is over. 

This beta doesn't include Alliances.

/TinFoilHat-ON

Don't worry . . . ANet devs know what they're doing.

ANet is designing & beta testing new game mechanics now that will fix things.

You should be excited that you can look forward to participating in a WvW game mode where there's no weak "Alliance" because logically all teams will be balanced.

Then ANet will need to figure out what all these randomly assigned & well balanced teams are fighting for.

Also, elite guild officers will foster a healthy & non-toxic guild culture as they encourage members to use proper WvW meta builds for the good of their Alliance.

/TinFoilHat-OFF

Anyone ever experience a Mega-guild meltdown & is it avoidable?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/119667-anyone-ever-experience-a-mega-guild-meltdown-is-it-avoidable/#comment-1732581

@Bunny.9834

My heart goes out to you . . . it's not fun being forced to be the grass.

As a game director . . . I get what you're trying to say . . . and there's more players like you that aren't part of a guild . . . but contribute to ANet's bottom line.

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

#MyEoDPurchaseComingSoon

Edited by Diku.2546

53 minutes ago, Diku.2546 said:

This beta doesn't include Alliances.

/TinFoilHat-ON

Don't worry . . . ANet devs know what they're doing.

ANet is designing & beta testing new game mechanics now that will fix things.

You should be excited that you can look forward to participating in a WvW game mode where there's no weak "Alliance" because logically all teams will be balanced.

Then ANet will need to figure out what all these randomly assigned & well balanced teams are fighting for.

Also, elite guild officers will foster a healthy & non-toxic guild culture as they encourage members to use proper WvW meta builds for the good of their Alliance.

/TinFoilHat-OFF

Anyone ever experience a Mega-guild meltdown & is it avoidable?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/119667-anyone-ever-experience-a-mega-guild-meltdown-is-it-avoidable/#comment-1732581

@Bunny.9834

My heart goes out to you . . . it's not fun being forced to be the grass.

As a game director . . . I get what you're trying to say . . . and there's more players like you that aren't part of a guild . . . but contribute to ANet's bottom line.

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

#MyEoDPurchaseComingSoon

Diku, 🙂 . Yeah I know. 

Bunny, Its rough to test in a live environment but its also needed. I hear you. The upside to testing in production is more data. The downside with that and bonus's is it could show false results as people may be there more for rewards which means more attack and less defense which also leads to be more k-trains. It may also show more false positives as rewards are known to draw more people that will then leave the week after skewing test results. So plan on the Wild Wild West and find fun  where you can but expect chaos. Good hunting!

22 hours ago, Hummy.6748 said:

So Im stuck in this crapfest for however long this lasts. I don't really do guilds anymore, I don't have the time for it, I just like to come on, jump into WvW and play. So this change has shafted me hard while I run around trying to support headless chickens that I'm unfamiliar with.

You should think of the WvW betas as a week long chaos-crapfest-event and not as (normal) WvW. 

I still see familiar faces that are in my pre-formed Alliance-community-guild and if I am in an organized squad I still run the role the comm asks for. But outside of organized, well known squads I don't run support during WvW beta but just some (more or less cheesy) egoistic self-sustained builds I wanted to try out.