Can we finally get rid of the wall-watching (event) after Tangled Depths Meta?

Question is in the topic. After all four bosses in the Meta Event are defeated, players receive multiple rewards. But there is still loot waiting behind a wall – and a timer. Many, many maps will be able to one- or at least two-shot the Chak bosses, leaving playing to wait up to ten minutes to receive their final reward. It's a meme at this point. Players pointing out "Oh, it's that time of the day again …" Call it as you like: It's a waste of time. And it's easy to fix: After all the four Chak Gerents are defeated, the lasers should be activated. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I agree.

I think it was done this way originally because the Tangled Depths meta used to be the only way into Dragon's Stand, so it was to synch the two maps up - when the TD meta ends and the wall is broken you go into a newly created DS map, regardless of how quickly the meta finished. But that hasn't been relevant for years (and I don't think many people did the two back-to-back anyway, especially since Dragon's Stand could take almost 2 hours back then).

Now it's just an annoying delay.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I rarely "watch the wall." Most of the times, I farm caches across lanes and outposts.

Exactly. I've never understood why anyone would want to waste their time waiting at the wall for a mere Strongbox and about 7 caches. Start looting chak caches unti it's time for the walls to open.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

Question is in the topic. After all four bosses in the Meta Event are defeated, players receive multiple rewards. But there is still loot waiting behind a wall – and a timer. Many, many maps will be able to one- or at least two-shot the Chak bosses, leaving playing to wait up to ten minutes to receive their final reward. It's a meme at this point. Players pointing out "Oh, it's that time of the day again …" Call it as you like: It's a waste of time. And it's easy to fix: After all the four Chak Gerents are defeated, the lasers should be activated. 

LOL really??? : You're talking about Anet making changes to a Meta from Heart of Thorns Expansion launched almost 7 years ago: 23rd October 2015. 

Chances of Anet caring or doing anything about this after 7 years are between none and Jack, and Jack just left town!    

Pro-tip: Just don't do the TD Meta 👍

Edited by Gregg.3970
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I agree.

I think it was done this way originally because the Tangled Depths meta used to be the only way into Dragon's Stand, so it was to synch the two maps up - when the TD meta ends and the wall is broken you go into a newly created DS map, regardless of how quickly the meta finished. But that hasn't been relevant for years (and I don't think many people did the two back-to-back anyway, especially since Dragon's Stand could take almost 2 hours back then).

Pretty sure the other entrance was always there. Besides they do the same for VB and the entrance to AB was definitely not blocked by the meta and their start and end time doesn't even line up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

Agreed.

Lol, I never have a spare moment there, there is plenty to do. I appreciate the time. Enter after pinata, loot Scar (couple events available at times), loot Nuh and kill the boss, hit the back way to rata and loot, kill boss if needed, then grab the gem loot at the waypoint and finish looting Ogre. Its usually wall time by then so I can head in there without any skyscales flapping at my head.

Bonus too busy to see the chat whining about the wait.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

I even had it 2 Times that the Maps got closed the exact a few Seconds before the Timer Run Out ...

I really don't understand why this Thing still exist.

You did a meta on a map knowing that it was going to be closed. Question is why? Anytime I've been involved in the meta, we'll always move to a new map if we get the pop-ups before the meta starts and then there'll never be any issue. If you do get the map-closing pop-ups after meta has started, there's always plenty of time.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Confused 4

I used to wait for it to end, and yes the delay is dumb -- as is the mega increased damage causing one round Gerent kills. 

But there's options. You don't really get much from the time's up bouncy purple chest. And if you really want to be there for it, there's other things to do: the treasure mushroom for that 0.000001% chance at invis boots; the ogre wp provisioner for trading 1 egg for a token; the flax farm above the ogre spawn; using up acid keys on the containers; hero point repeats for easy map tokens to spend on the ley converter.

No need to just sit there.

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I agree.

The other entrance was there since the beginning (it's even used in the story). And the delay is to let people gather chests from all 4 lanes (they disappear the moment the wall gets broken).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The other entrance was there since the beginning (it's even used in the story). And the delay is to let people gather chests from all 4 lanes (they disappear the moment the wall gets broken).

Yep. If you're there to farm the chak caches, you'll need to redo the zone events again to get them to spawn after wall-staring events.

3 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

You did a meta on a map knowing that it was going to be closed. Question is why? Anytime I've been involved in the meta, we'll always move to a new map if we get the pop-ups before the meta starts and then there'll never be any issue. If you do get the map-closing pop-ups after meta has started, there's always plenty of time.

No i entered a Map, and halfway trough the Message popped Up.

And i mean, you can still do youre loot-runs even whitout the Timer when it geht's removed.  Because No one is asking for the loot to be removed. So i could also ask why you are so against the removing of the Timer, when we make assumptions here.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

No i entered a Map, and halfway trough the Message popped Up.

And i mean, you can still do youre loot-runs even whitout the Timer when it geht's removed.  Because No one is asking for the loot to be removed. So i could also ask why you are so against the removing of the Timer, when we make assumptions here.

Then you entered a map that was already closing and the pop-up appears after a short delay. There's always one hour leeway from the moment a map is scheduled to close. And the meta takes half hour maximum to complete, including looting behind the wall.

I'm not against removing the timer, although I do not find it to be necessary at all. Yes, you can do your loot runs after without the timer as well but everyone will be heading off to the AB Meta. And if you want to be in an AB meta map, you'll not waste time lingering in TD.

Was just baffled why the players there stayed on a closing map to do the meta.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

Then you entered a map that was already closing and the pop-up appears after a short delay. There's always one hour leeway from the moment a map is scheduled to close. And the meta takes half hour maximum to complete, including looting behind the wall.

I'm not against removing the timer, although I do not find it to be necessary at all. Yes, you can do your loot runs after without the timer as well but everyone will be heading off to the AB Meta. And if you want to be in an AB meta map, you'll not waste time lingering in TD.

Was just baffled why the players there stayed on a closing map to do the meta.

The Maps where this did Happen Had a slow start. As people tend to try getting on full Maps, even when there are multiple instances in the lfg ...

And Not everyone has fun running and searching for loot crates or simple don't has the Keys for it. I did tangled mostly for the eggs for my legy and Just wanted a quick Ride. I did my great Share of Farming in the beginning of my Playtime in gw2 and now i avoid it where i can. You don't have to Like this the Same way i don't have to Like your Playstyle. You would loose nothing from removing the Timer other than as you say, that you eventually have to search the lfg a little longer for an Open instance for AB. I mean the AB Events will still start the Same time.

But so or so, i don't anet would do this. I have No Idea what would Code-weise bei involveld in removing this.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

The Maps where this did Happen Had a slow start. Aß people tend to try getting on full Maps, even when there are multiple instances in the lfg ...

And Not everone has fun running and searchimg for loot crates or simple don't has the Keys for it. I did tangled mostly for the eggs for my legy and Just wanted a quick Ride. I did my great Share of Farming in the beginning of my Playtime in gw2 and now i avoid it where i can. You don't have to Like this the Same way i don't have to Like your Playstyle. You would loose nothing from removing the Timer other than as you say, that you eventually have to search the lfg a little longer for an Open instance for AB. I mean the AB Events will still start the Same time.

But so or so, i don't anet would do this. I have No Idea what would Code-weise bei involveld in removing this.

I truly don't understand why you're so upset.

I just asked a simple question:

5 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Until you explained why, I really have no clue why the meta was done on a closing map. Wasn't trying to demean you in any way.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

But.. the wall is beautiful. I have deep conversations with Wallter every day. 👀 he’s a good listener. 

On a more serious note, I agree it would be good if they removed it. Getting caches is a nice wait activity, but sometimes you just want to move to other maps faster. 

I'm getting to the point now where I'm not even bothering with it. I loot the chest by ley line waypoint, grab a token from ogre camp for daily, and go to AB early for TM. It's intensely boring for subpar rewards, all so you can deal with some one-joke person who wants to make it more annoying for you by putting portals or items down on chests.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

I'm getting to the point now where I'm not even bothering with it. I loot the chest by ley line waypoint, grab a token from ogre camp for daily, and go to AB early for TM. It's intensely boring for subpar rewards, all so you can deal with some one-joke person who wants to make it more annoying for you by putting portals or items down on chests.

It is a very low-yield meta event for sure. Not really worth the effort unless done in tandem with AB meta. The caches are mostly low value items. But it is a good map for newer players who either do not have the equipments to do harder contents or haven't fully open all the maps.

• Confused 1