Guardian Mace Symbol of Faith cast time bug or a feature?

Hi,

The Symbol of Faith skill on the Guardian's Mace has an extreme 1¼ cast time, making it feel really sluggish and hard to land in time. I always just assumed it's for some balance reasons, but I just can't find any reason for balance here. For example the Greatsword Symbol of Resolution has only ¼ (yes, the entire second less) cast time, yet it has actually higher damage. The Symbol of Faith pulses Regeneration, which doesn't seem to be a type of boon, which could be exploited by a quick cast time. It also doesn't deliver any immediate attack effect, like the blindness on Symbol of Blades from the one handed Sword. 

I am just struggling to find any reason as to why does this skill have so exceptionally long cast time. It's confusing to the point I am starting to suspect someone may simply have made a typo when setting the cast time and it went unnoticed? 

Edited by SpaceMarine.1836

• 4 months later...

So, no answer? Why? Does anyone actually know? I am starting to think this is actually a bug, that someone made a typo when entering the value. I just don't see how this symbol is any better than others to warrant this ridiculous cast time. I can pretty much make a coffee between casting the skill and it landing.

Edited by SpaceMarine.1836