NA ranked is teleport stroke fest

felix.2386

Either you abuse teleport and farm enemy bad players, or your bad teammates get farmed and you are at a lose for not abusing teleport and farm the enemy bad players.

why some classes can just 1v1ing you here then instantly teleport to a low target 900 range away and finish it, while your non teleport class can do nothing but to watch it happen.

how teleport classes don't just get wrecked by non teleport classes in 1v1 like any other games that cares about balance.

and why rev get fresh 50 energy reset every 10 seconds, lol.

basically fresh shiro reset every 20 seconds, me swap to shiro, i can use the energy to instantly port to a target from 1200 range away to plus, or i can still use the energy to 1v1 you, even though i already 1v1'ed you for 20 seconds now, most classes will probably be hard to shake you off after 20 seconds of 1v1, but doesn't matter for me, i get fresh shiro every time i swap to it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Cry more

Lol you know it's wrong when this is all you can come up with.

as long time power herald myself, current power herald gameplay has been more centric around phase traversal then ever.

including untamed and uprising d/p daredevil. untamed is very weak, but teleport made it strong.

overall teleport power is now stronger then ever.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

yeah teleports are poorly implemented in this game. most mmos respect distance and kiting, since that is how ranged (well everyone really) stays alive, but for some reason the devs have a hard on for melee. so many leaps and teleports, what can ya do but join em or play some annoying aoe spammer or 1v2 duelist.

Catalyst doesnt have any kind of teleport yet it was nerfed last patch due to its ability to susvive 1vs5.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, NotFound.7813 said:

Catalyst doesnt have any kind of teleport yet it was nerfed last patch due to its ability to susvive 1vs5.

This is like saying herald doesn't have any kind of teleport.

Anyway, catalyst is strong only because it has enough instruments to survive those teleport shenanigans when they want to 2v1 him.

You actually have 2 options now. You either play builds with high mobility or you play builds with lots of blocks/evades/invulns. Everything else is out of meta.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

This is like saying herald doesn't have any kind of teleport.

Anyway, catalyst is strong only because it has enough instruments to survive those teleport shenanigans when they want to 2v1 him.

You actually have 2 options now. You either play builds with high mobility or you play builds with lots of blocks/evades/invulns. Everything else is out of meta.

Cant relate how is it possible that builds w blocks evades and invuls perform better in a competitive player vs player encounter. Yet any class has those attributes.

4 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

yeah teleports are poorly implemented in this game. most mmos respect distance and kiting, since that is how ranged (well everyone really) stays alive, but for some reason the devs have a hard on for melee. so many leaps and teleports, what can ya do but join em or play some annoying aoe spammer or 1v2 duelist.

Also you described uncosnciously how pvp works, either youre a teamfighter (aoe spammer or a supp), roamer (mobility spammer) or a sidenoder (1v2 duelist)  theres nothing in between wich is not a random useless meme build.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NotFound.7813 said:

Also you described uncosnciously how pvp works, either youre a teamfighter (aoe spammer or a supp), roamer (mobility spammer) or a sidenoder (1v2 duelist)  theres nothing in between wich is not a random useless meme build.

There is no teamfighters in the meta now, because too much mobility on roamers.

1 hour ago, NotFound.7813 said:

Tbh rn vindi just does everything, but reaper for example is a pretty good off meta pick on ranked.  At least i play it at p2 just fine.

I agree. Vindi is outlier. You can play reaper at p2 and I can play core necro at p2, but this is offmeta, as you said. But when there is enemies with full meta setup, you and me are in massive disadvantage. 

cata is strong because it lives through those teleport abuses/pewpew with hard mitigations.

there's no team fight now in higher ranked, only teleport/ranged roamers and tempest that stops teleport/ranged roamers and side noder that lives against teleport/ranged roamers.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1

Well thats what happens when u hand out mechanics that are usually reserved for rogue like archetypes to every class type in the game like candy over the years.  Teleports, stealth etc are mechanics usually owned by rogues and hunter specs if the archetype is also in the game, tele often on mages as well. In gw2 have access to a teleport or stealth on almost every class, at least on one of the specs along with all of its non rogue design......saweeeet.

I'm guessing op is a warrior which comes with its own stacks defense ie invuln, blocks, shield, amount of hp and more, along with mobility that legit can keep up with a rogue, even when teleporting, although definitely not as instant as a tele.

Gw2 all class can do everything sounds great on paper, gbage in reality, especially for identity purposes and design.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

-> Decide to play hammer catalyst in WvW for fun

-> Fight mobile class

-> Mobile class yeets self into the sunset every time they get below half hp. 

-> Cannot chase mobile class because you slow af. 

-> Mobile class heals and waits for CDs

-> Mobile class re-engages

-> Repeat until mobile class kills you

->Question life choices

In my completely unbiased opinion. Catalyst should also be given a teleport. This will truly help even the playing field. 

/s

1 hour ago, Kuma.1503 said:

-> Decide to play hammer catalyst in WvW for fun

-> Fight mobile class

-> Mobile class yeets self into the sunset every time they get below half hp. 

-> Cannot chase mobile class because you slow af. 

-> Mobile class heals and waits for CDs

-> Mobile class re-engages

-> Repeat until mobile class kills you

->Question life choices

In my completely unbiased opinion. Catalyst should also be given a teleport. This will truly help even the playing field. 

/s

Does ele have a mobile build or the potential to be mobile? Those mobile classes, builds ur speaking to built for mobility.

3 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Does ele have a mobile build or the potential to be mobile? Those mobile classes, builds ur speaking to built for mobility.

Yeah, D/D cata. Double lightning rush go Zzzzzppp. 

I was joking in that last post. 

Edited by Kuma.1503

There should be Line of site for teleports or they don't work. Being able to teleport threw walls and solid objects, up stairs and to different level platforms is cheating imo. The developers have no set standard for combat fairness. Thins includes skill mechanics and skill ideas, imo their just bad from teleports, to invisible, to superspeed, to condi application, to utilities ideology. It's all just bad and after 10 years I'm finally playing less and less again.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

why do people think something like this is fair and should be able to win any 1v1 versus none teleport classes.

map travel time isnt even comparable, not even close.

not to mention, teleports which you can combo attacks with.

(he didn't need 2 blinks there btw, he can just port straight on to mid point from bottom)

also allows some classes to attack from any angle, while with normal walking, there's only sides, which can be easily watched over.

• Confused 2

19 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

Either you abuse teleport and farm enemy bad players, or your bad teammates get farmed and you are at a lose for not abusing teleport and farm the enemy bad players.

why some classes can just 1v1ing you here then instantly teleport to a low target 900 range away and finish it, while your non teleport class can do nothing but to watch it happen.

how teleport classes don't just get wrecked by non teleport classes in 1v1 like any other games that cares about balance.

and why rev get fresh 50 energy reset every 10 seconds, lol.

basically fresh shiro reset every 20 seconds, me swap to shiro, i can use the energy to instantly port to a target from 1200 range away to plus, or i can still use the energy to 1v1 you, even though i already 1v1'ed you for 20 seconds now, most classes will probably be hard to shake you off after 20 seconds of 1v1, but doesn't matter for me, i get fresh shiro every time i swap to it.

The irony of this coming from a thief...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4